Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Found dog wandering on hwy 2 brighton ontario area

shaesgrammi
September 29th, 2008, 08:01 PM
Was driving in Brighton east toward Trenton saw a dog not sure of sex, not sure of the breed, longer hair, beige and darker color down the back, pointier nose, rounded ears. Maybe a collie/cross. Not sure though, was very scared running in traffic. Another passerby and myself corralled it and got a collar on it. She shook a paw:cry: She was so sweet. Police were called and a neighbour and the other person stayed as we had to leave. I have called around all day today to see what has happened to it. I am frantic as I think it may be in Quinte West Shelter and I believe they only keep them about 5-7 days! I would love to find its owner. Please contact me anytime

glittleton@rogers.com

shirley1011
September 29th, 2008, 09:09 PM
You have a big heart trying to help this poor dog. :thumbs up Too bad there isn't some way of getting a picture of the dog to post with the lost ads you have placed.
Perhaps if you called the pound they might have a picture posted somewhere that you could cross-post.
Wish there were more around like you trying to help those poor lost dogs.

shaesgrammi
October 5th, 2008, 09:58 PM
I searched and searched and she found her owners or I should say her owners found her. I called all the shelters and Humane societies and they found her owners. She was reunited with her a few days ago!! Whoooooo hoooo! Thank you for your kind words, Leanne

hazelrunpack
October 5th, 2008, 10:03 PM
That's great news, shaesgrammi!! You must be so relieved! You're an :angel: to care so deeply! :grouphug:

Love4himies
October 6th, 2008, 07:15 AM
So happy to hear, I love happy ending :lovestruck:.

snowysdad
October 14th, 2008, 03:06 PM
It's SO comforting to know you are out there. ty:)