Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Training Classes in Montreal Area

TulipRoxy
September 28th, 2008, 10:15 PM
A friend of mine just got a 9 month old labradoodle, and is looking for a beginners group obedience class. Does anyone have any experience good or bad with different schools in the Montreal area? Any recomendations?

Karensdogs
October 3rd, 2008, 07:16 AM
Hi there, I don't know where you are in Montreal, but I am in St. Lazare and I took my dog Wags to "Guides Canins". The owner is Julie and she is absolutely amazing!! Give it a google!

If you are further East, try Montreal dogs.

Good Luck!

TulipRoxy
October 9th, 2008, 09:39 PM
Hey! Thanks :)

I've been to Guide Canin, I agree they are really great, but the lady I'm inquiring for lives pretty far out on the south shore, so its too far for her to go.

I know the trainer at Montreal Dogs, she's great, but only offers private classes at the moment, and the lady is looking for group ones to socialize the dog...

Thanks for your help though! :) I got a few other suggestions such as Positive Canine, and CoeurCanin that I'll tell her about.

George61
October 20th, 2008, 12:43 PM
I used K9 Training, she was the previous owner of a kennel in Rigaud. She has been in dog obedience for many years. Her methods are straight forward. Give her a call 514-262-2051:thumbs up

Rottielover
October 20th, 2008, 06:11 PM
Blue ribbon dog training, or lakeshore dog training. They are both amazing. I trained with blueribbon, but the trainer from lakeshore is always at the competitions that I did with Harley, so I was able to talk to her, and watch her

diandpat
October 20th, 2008, 06:36 PM
We used Positive Canine with Hobo and were very happy with the approach and the results. We also liked that as long as Hobo was there it did not matter which one of us went with him. We both did the "homework" between classes anyways.

luckypenny
October 20th, 2008, 09:02 PM
If your friend is on the South Shore, and speaks some French, she'll love Jean Lessard in Brossard. He holds his classes out of Hopital Veterinaire Rive-Sud. I've sat in on some of his classes and consulted with him privately and have yet to meet such a great trainer in our area. He uses positive reinforcement methods only and is fabulous to watch with dogs :thumbs up.

http://jeanlessard.com/