Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Timmy, Dale, and Jade back from their snips

14+kitties
September 28th, 2008, 05:28 PM
Timmy on left looking dazed. Jade in the middle and Dale on the right. Poor Dale was having a hard time standing. TT is ready to party! Jade just wants to sleep, preferably under the couch!

So their weights - Jade - 4.9 Dale - 4.6 TT - 4.2
Time to put some weight on them all!!

BeagleMum
September 28th, 2008, 06:52 PM
Awww, they look so tired!! I hope they start to feel better soon!!

BrightEyes
September 28th, 2008, 07:13 PM
Awww, poor Dale, I'm sorry he seems to have had a rougher time than Timmy and Jade. Hopefully they'll all be up and about in no time and it will just be a distant memory. :grouphug:

growler~GateKeeper
September 28th, 2008, 07:31 PM
:goodvibes: speedy recovery cutie pies :lovestruck: :lovestruck: :lovestruck:

14+kitties
September 28th, 2008, 08:25 PM
Thanks gals! I am going to have to change Dale's name to a girls name. Poor thing! :p She's getting a little upset at being called a boy. :D
If she is no better once she's had a chance to sleep off some meds I will call my own vet and take her in. I need to get worm meds for the newest little ones anyhow.
They are all tucked in for the night. Hubby gets up early (3ish) so will check on them. I am sure they will be fine in a few days.

Frenchy
September 28th, 2008, 08:40 PM
Give them 24-36 hours and they will be like new :D

:cloud9:

mona_b
September 28th, 2008, 08:48 PM
Awwwwww,look at them.Poor sweeties....:grouphug:

Won't be long before they are ALL over the place again....:D

14+kitties
September 28th, 2008, 08:55 PM
Yeah, you'd figure with this being #'s 26, 27 & 28 since December I would be pretty blase about it all. I usually am but these guys are so tiny. The rest have all been at least 6 lbs. :shrug: Call me a worry wart sometimes.

Frenchy
September 28th, 2008, 08:57 PM
Yeah, you'd figure with this being #'s 26, 27 & 28 since December

Holy macaroni ! :eek:

Remind your vet to call you before he does any kind of renos at his clinic , he should at least , make you choose the new wall colors :D

14+kitties
September 28th, 2008, 09:16 PM
Holy macaroni ! :eek:

Remind your vet to call you before he does any kind of renos at his clinic , he should at least , make you choose the new wall colors :D

:laughing::laughing: I would but it's not my normal vet who does the s/n's. It's the TCR. And now I don't pay for them. It's donations only! So I am trying to do a pay for one/free one, kind of deal.

Unless more kitties show up out of the blue I am done for a few months. :fingerscr

Frenchy
September 28th, 2008, 09:29 PM
Unless more kitties show up out of the blue I am done for a few months. :fingerscr

shhhhhhuuuutt ! Don't want to jinx yourself now do you ? :eek:

hazelrunpack
September 28th, 2008, 09:50 PM
shhhhhhuuuutt ! Don't want to jinx yourself now do you ? :eek:

That was my thought, too, 14+! :eek: So I knocked on wood, :fingerscr, threw salt over hazel's shoulder and will avoid stepping on any cracks for the next 36 hours on your behalf. :angel: not that I'm paranoid, though...I'm just...cautious...yes, that's it. Cautious. That's my story and I'm stickin' to it! :o

They sure are little darlings. :flirt: Sending :goodvibes: for fast healing and getting them back on their feet as quick as a wink!

Isn't Dale a girl's name already, though? I mean...there was Dale Evans (Roy Rogers' wife)...I'm pretty sure she was a girl. :thumbs up

rainbow
September 29th, 2008, 02:57 AM
Awwww......little sleepy babies. :cloud9:

Sending lots of good wishes for a speedy recovery. :fingerscr :goodvibes:

Toonces
September 29th, 2008, 03:01 AM
little cuties:cloud9:, hope they feel better soon

Love4himies
September 29th, 2008, 06:43 AM
Poor Dale, the girls have it so much worse than the boys when they are altered :grouphug:. It seems they take a couple of days to bounce back and the boys, well, they are raring to go as soon as they get home. :D

chico2
September 29th, 2008, 07:00 AM
Aww 14+those little guys don't know what happened to them,it's difficult to see how small they are,but 4lb's that is tiny:lovestruck:
I think it's fantastic you have that place to take them,even if it means a long drive,no more unwanted kittens for them you are an:angel2:

mollywog
September 29th, 2008, 07:14 AM
aww how are they feeling today 14+? They sure are beauties! :cloud9: Do you have homes lined up for them yet?

ancientgirl
September 29th, 2008, 09:26 AM
Aww, they're so cute. Is it me or does TT have a little smirk on his face?

How come you want to change Dale's name? To me, Dale is sort of like a unisex name.:shrug:

Chris21711
September 29th, 2008, 09:56 AM
That was my thought, too, 14+! :eek: So I knocked on wood, :fingerscr, threw salt over hazel's shoulder and will avoid stepping on any cracks for the next 36 hours on your behalf. :angel: not that I'm paranoid, though...I'm just...cautious...yes, that's it. Cautious. That's my story and I'm stickin' to it! :o

You forgot to kiss the Mr Toad Hazel :rolleyes:

Isn't Dale a girl's name already, though? I mean...there was Dale Evans (Roy Rogers' wife)...I'm pretty sure she was a girl. :thumbs up

Thought the same thing Hazel, Dale Evans definately a girl.

TT :cloud9:

14+kitties
September 29th, 2008, 01:06 PM
I am not going to rename Dale. It's just that she was referred to as he earlier on in this post. :D I know Dale is a unisex name. Still not sure if Chip n' Dale were 2 boys or a boy and girl. Dale is Dale.

She is still wobbly today. I am going to pick up some worm meds from my vet so will ask him what he thinks.
TT is doing well. So is Jade. They are not happy being segregated from the rest but I don't want injuries. They will stay in their crate for another day.

ancient - I was going to mention that myself. I think TT had too much happy juice!! :D He slept on my knee all the way back from the vets yesterday. :cloud9:

ancientgirl
September 29th, 2008, 01:08 PM
LOL, it looks like he's saying "I bet you thought that was amusing."

krdahmer
September 29th, 2008, 01:36 PM
Aw poor little things!! And so tiny! I bet the spay was rough on Dale at that size, may take a little longer for the anesthetic to fully wear off too. Hope they all have speedy recoveries! :goodvibes:

Chris21711
September 30th, 2008, 09:52 AM
I am not going to rename Dale. It's just that she was referred to as he earlier on in this post. :D I know Dale is a unisex name. Still not sure if Chip n' Dale were 2 boys or a boy and girl. Dale is Dale.

Lots of times I get referred to as a Mr. :eek: because I use Chris and have a deeper voice or mumble :D

I think TT had too much happy juice!! :D He slept on my knee all the way back from the vets yesterday. :cloud9:

They gave TT happy juice 14k - where is this clinic :laughing: I guess saying that he slept on your knee all the way back from the Vets is just to make me jealous :frustrated:

14+kitties
September 30th, 2008, 06:17 PM
aww how are they feeling today 14+? They sure are beauties! :cloud9: Do you have homes lined up for them yet?

I thought there was a chance that Jade and Teegan were going to find a new home together but it looks like that went down the proverbial crapper. Oh well, I've been looking after them from the beginning. No difference now. Still trying. Timmy isn't going anywhere. He is my suck big time! :cloud9:

They gave TT happy juice 14k - where is this clinic :laughing: I guess saying that he slept on your knee all the way back from the Vets is just to make me jealous :frustrated:

:laughing::laughing::laughing: Awwww hon, did you want to sit on my knee?? :rolleyes: :D

mona_b
October 1st, 2008, 09:40 AM
You can just change the spelling...;)

My BF's SIL is a Dale...But it's spelt Dayle..We used to call her little Dayle cause Dad is Dale.He was my BIL's partner.

How are the cutie patooties doing today?

14+kitties
October 1st, 2008, 11:56 AM
Hey!! I could change the spelling!! :thumbs up Might do that. As it is without Chip here anymore every time I call her Dale I think of Dale Earnhardt Sr/Jr. Not a bad thing to think about but they were/are most definetely both male! :D
So I guess Dale is now Dayle. Thanks for the suggestion Ms. Mona! :D And thanks for asking after my little ones.

TT is back to being his regular clowny self. Jade seems to be too. Dayle :D is coming around slowly. Still pretty tired but she is eating a little now and was just trying to catch a fly a while ago. I think she is coming around. I will give her another day. If she is no better tomorrow morning I will phone my vet.

Love4himies
October 1st, 2008, 11:58 AM
Poor Dayle, how is her incision looking? I find some of my fosters get over a spaying immediately and a few of them seem to take about 5 days. Wonder if it is a reaction to the anesthetic?

BenMax
October 1st, 2008, 12:11 PM
Triplets! What a great picture!

ancientgirl
October 1st, 2008, 12:29 PM
Maybe she's just got a more delicate system:shrug:

14+kitties
October 1st, 2008, 02:04 PM
Triplets! What a great picture!

:laughing::laughing: Not quite BenMax. These ones are from three different litters. But they were all born probably within a week or so of each other. These are ones I've had in the house since they were tiny wee things about two months old. They were the last ones to get fixed. The rest of the siblings/cousins were either already done or adopted.

L4H - Her incision looks really good. If it was infected I would be more worried. It seems like it's almost healed already. At least from the outside. I really think it is a reaction to the anesthetic. She has brought up white bile a couple of times but not a huge amount. That's why I figured she just needs to get it out of her system. :shrug:

hazelrunpack
October 1st, 2008, 03:24 PM
Aw, poor Dayle. :grouphug:

Hope she's back on her paws by tomorrow! :goodvibes: Chasing flies seems like a good sign, even though I've never enjoyed playing that game much, m'self... :p

chico2
October 1st, 2008, 03:42 PM
Hazel:laughing::laughing:
14+,I've only ever had one female cat who was spayed,but you've had many to compare with,it's been 4 days,right??
Chasing flies is a good thing,hopeully she'll be ok soon:fingerscr

14+kitties
October 1st, 2008, 04:40 PM
She is eating!! That's a good sign! I think she is on her way! I just gave her a syringe of pedialite as well so hopefully things are looking up! I will still be keeping an eye on her. If no better then the vet will be called tomorrow.

I think the biggest thing is her small size. She is now on my knee purring away. :cloud9:

mona_b
October 1st, 2008, 11:39 PM
Thanks for the suggestion Ms. Mona! :D And thanks for asking after my little ones.

Anytime....;)

Well that's good to hear.:highfive:

I'm sure she will be ok.Just might take her a bit longer.:)

Winnie got done when she was 8 weeks.We adopted her from the SPCA,so they do it before you take them home.I was amazed at how well she did.And she was small.Casper was done at 8 weeks(adopted from the spca)..It was weird(to me) cause they used glue.I felt something hard where it was done,and I freaked.:eek:...

rainbow
October 2nd, 2008, 01:21 AM
I hope Dayle is doing better today. :fingerscr :goodvibes:

14+kitties
October 2nd, 2008, 03:27 PM
Dayle is back to her normal self!! She was curled up between daddy's knees a couple of times today. Her favourite napping place. And she's been sleeping on top of a cabinet I have too. Her second fav place. :D The food is being inhaled too. Making up for lost time! :cloud9:

BenMax
October 2nd, 2008, 03:28 PM
Glad to see Dayle getting back on track.:thumbs up

mona_b
October 2nd, 2008, 04:13 PM
Yayyyyyyy Dayle.........:highfive:

So glad she is back to her old self.And I'm sure you are too Mommy...:D

ancientgirl
October 2nd, 2008, 05:14 PM
I'm glad she's back to her old self. She just needed to get that yucky stuff out of her system.

14+kitties
October 2nd, 2008, 09:59 PM
Yayyyyyyy Dayle.........:highfive:

So glad she is back to her old self.And I'm sure you are too Mommy...:D

Thanks gals. I am just such a worrywart sometimes. I hate when one of them is sick. Don't know if I will ever be "normal" though Mona :D

BrightEyes
October 2nd, 2008, 11:40 PM
Sorry, haven't been here in a day or so. I see Dayle was having a time getting back to her old self, I'm glad to see she is now :lovestruck:

growler~GateKeeper
October 2nd, 2008, 11:58 PM
Good to hear the wee one is all better :highfive:

Love4himies
October 3rd, 2008, 06:48 AM
So glad to hear Dayle is doing much better, some kitties just seem to take longer to recover, but once they do watch out, they make up for lost time ;)

chico2
October 3rd, 2008, 06:56 AM
14+I think little miss Dayle,just wanted to stretch the "sicky"time to be the center of attention and get lots of lovey-time:laughing:
I am happy though,everything is ok:thumbs up

mona_b
October 3rd, 2008, 08:49 AM
Thanks gals. I am just such a worrywart sometimes. I hate when one of them is sick. Don't know if I will ever be "normal" though Mona :D

Hmmmmm,normal..What's that?.......:D:p

So I guess the cutie patooties are back to causing havock and running around.More pics PLEASE............:D

ancientgirl
October 3rd, 2008, 08:57 AM

From one worry wart to another, I totally understand. I think we all do with it comes to our little furry ones.