Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Dracko, here's Redman

BrightEyes
September 28th, 2008, 03:35 PM
Yes, I've been holding out on all of you.

A momma cat had shown up one day and kept hanging around, so of course I started feeding her. As a bit of time went by, it became obvious that she was expecting, so soft-hearted me let her in and provided a safe place for her to have her babies. Little did I know there were going to be 6 of them :yell: So here I am with 6 kitties and their mommy, plus my own 2 cats, Popeye and Mittens and add in wiggly Karma, and well, it's a zoo here now. :frustrated: So yep, looking for some loving homes for the 'kids".

Diamondsmum
September 28th, 2008, 03:37 PM
OMG!!!!!! lol definate zoo

Nice to let Momma have her babies in your place (what does Karma think???)

Momma Cat might think a zoo too.

Dem beauties :cloud9:

how old?

onster
September 28th, 2008, 03:45 PM
come onnnn dracko, u know u wannna :D

that was so :angel: good of u brighteyes. Im sure mommy will be eternally grateful.

chico2
September 28th, 2008, 04:00 PM
B-E,they are all just beautiful:lovestruck:
Thank you for caring for them,hopefully you'll find them good homes.:fingerscr
I have a brown tabby,a black one and a white kitty,an orange one would complete the color choices(wishful thinking:sad:)

kanis
September 28th, 2008, 04:13 PM
So adorable! Thankfully the momma cat found such a caring person like you. :)

Chaser
September 28th, 2008, 04:36 PM
Kitty cuteness :cloud9:

ownedbycats
September 28th, 2008, 05:29 PM
:laughing: I, too, couldn't resist taking in a pregnant stray this spring, especially when she and the resident cat got along reasonalbly well (at the time no swatting or hissing). I, too thought there couldn't be THAT many kittenshee hee Imagine my surprise when the kittens kept coming and coming and coming. I ended up with eight, although I lost one to "causes unknown" as the vet said.
You are so lucky, you managed to keep them all, AND you have colourful kittens. ( Mine are all variations on grey, black and white though still very cute much loved little monsters)

14+kitties
September 28th, 2008, 05:35 PM
Kitty cuteness!!!! :cloud9: Thanks for bringing mom in and watching over her!! :angel::highfive:
What's wrong with having 9 or 10 kitties in the house? :rolleyes: :D

BrightEyes
September 28th, 2008, 07:00 PM
:evil:B-E,they are all just beautiful:lovestruck:
Thank you for caring for them,hopefully you'll find them good homes.:fingerscr
have a brI own tabby,a black one and a white kitty,an orange one would complete the color choices(wishful thinking:sad:)

Ok, chico! You're next in line if Dracko passes :evil:

Diamondsmom, Karma loves them and looks at them as playmates, but hubby tells her they are only "two-bite" kitties (take-off on two-bite brownies) and she has to wait til they're a little bigger :laughing: But, they have now started to venture down from our bedroom. We had the big migration from the basement to our bedroom over a week ago. They came down to the landing at the bottom of the stairs and the gate we have set up kept them out of harm's way, but now they sneak around off the landing and then it's a free for all in the hallway :crazy:

ownedbycats 7?? :eek: OIY! But yes, I've got a colorful batch....and I can tell you which neighbor has each father too. I've thought about just taking each perspective kitty to each owner and let them know they all have new additions to their families...ROFL

14+ While I would dearly love to keep them all, there's just no way. I have a medical condition that the prognosis is not good and I've already committed to putting all my energies into raising and training Karma, since our shephard X was tragically kill not too long ago. We were all so devastated when that happened and someone had to pull their bootstraps up and take charge. I feel this way, when I'm gone, they will still have Karma, and a piece of me.
Sorry, that turned out to be a book and probably more info than anyone would care to know! :o

BrightEyes
September 28th, 2008, 07:20 PM
Oh, and they are 7 weeks old.

growler~GateKeeper
September 28th, 2008, 07:28 PM
cuuuuuuuuuuuuuttttteeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!! :cloud9: :lovestruck:

Diamondsmum
September 28th, 2008, 07:40 PM
lol!!!!!!! aweeeeeeeeeee

14+kitties
September 28th, 2008, 08:14 PM
:evil:
14+ While I would dearly love to keep them all, there's just no way. I have a medical condition that the prognosis is not good and I've already committed to putting all my energies into raising and training Karma, since our shephard X was tragically kill not too long ago. We were all so devastated when that happened and someone had to pull their bootstraps up and take charge. I feel this way, when I'm gone, they will still have Karma, and a piece of me.
Sorry, that turned out to be a book and probably more info than anyone would care to know! :o

Oh, I would never ever say keep them all! Not many people are that nuts!! :rolleyes: I think it is wonderful that you brought mom in at all. Sorry for the medical condition. That's a tough thing to face. :sad:
As for the kitties...... I pray you find fantastic homes for every last one!!! :fingerscr :goodvibes:

BrightEyes
September 28th, 2008, 08:24 PM
I have to say, when I wake up each a.m. it's from under a pile of kitties ....BUT, I don't want to go out as "the crazy cat lady" BAHAHAHA!

and no worries on the other, I've pretty much come to terms with it. I'm happy with my life and am at one with myself and try to keep a positive outlook.... oh wait, I think they have a name for that... it's called life!:laughing:

Frenchy
September 28th, 2008, 08:42 PM
omg what a cute little bunch ! :lovestruck:

Dracko
September 29th, 2008, 02:29 AM
Oh my. They are all so adorable. :lovestruck: Redman stands out so much with his coloring, hey. :laughing: Amazing how that can happen with a litter.

Where in AB do you live?

rainbow
September 29th, 2008, 02:46 AM
Sooooooo adorable. :cloud9: :lovestruck: :cloud9:

Good luck with finding them homes. :fingerscr :goodvibes:

rainbow
September 29th, 2008, 02:47 AM
Where in AB do you live?

:thumbs up

:fingerscr :goodvibes:

:D

luckypenny
September 29th, 2008, 05:13 AM
Gorgeous kittens :cloud9:.

hubby tells her they are only "two-bite" kitties

:laugh:

I have a medical condition that the prognosis is not good and I've already committed to putting all my energies into raising and training Karma, since our shephard X was tragically kill not too long ago. We were all so devastated when that happened and someone had to pull their bootstraps up and take charge. I feel this way, when I'm gone, they will still have Karma, and a piece of me.

We do care :grouphug:. Your strength is inspiring.

Love4himies
September 29th, 2008, 06:20 AM
What sweet little kitties :cloud9::lovestruck:, I hope you are able to find good homes for them.

So sorry to hear about your medical condition :grouphug:

AmericanBullMom
September 29th, 2008, 07:27 AM
omg! I'm in love! Can you FedEx a kitten to Florida! lol... I want one! Course Foose and Mako would be less then pleased with another kitty in the house!

ancientgirl
September 29th, 2008, 09:34 AM
OMG, look at those faces. They are all adorable. Bless you for taking the mommy in and trying to find them a home.

I'm very sorry about your medical condition. Keeping that many is hard on a healthy person, I can't imagine how difficult it must be for you, but still you wanted to help. That's a very admirable thing in a person.

I hope you are able to find them loving homes. :pray:

BrightEyes
September 29th, 2008, 02:02 PM
:grouphug: right back at you guys. One can never have too many hugs.... besides, they feel good :)

Dracko, I'm in Edmonton, where are you? And yep, Redman stands out in the crowd eh? He's such a dollbaby. Well, they all are dollbabies, but you know what I mean.

Rainbow, I'm thinking I'm sandwiched in here between you and Dracko :thumbs up

ABM, I'm sure FedEx has boxes that would accommodate some kitties and if not, I'll just poke some holes in one :laughing:

AG, yes, I wanted to help for sure. Besides, cats are mostly easy and independent, well, except for the litter boxes....blech. Now if it was a pregnant dog, I really would have had to think twice about that. I'm nuts, but I'm not THAT nuts :frustrated:

I decided I'm not going to live on "what if's", if you know what I mean, and hubby agrees. i.e. what if we do this now and say by next spring you're really in a downhill spiral? Stuff like that. I'm going to enjoy each day to it's fullest, do everything I can do when I can do it, no holds barred, pace myself and just be happy. I don't have time to be down or get depressed, cuz, to me, that's just wasting perfectly good time, and I don't want to miss a thing. And if having Karma join our gang gives me some more time, then hey, that's a bonus! :)

BenMax
September 29th, 2008, 02:11 PM
BrightEyes - I wish you well. I hope that you can recover from whatever it is that ailes you. I must say that I am so very moved that you are living life for you and your good will and love will follow you whether here or in afterlife. These kittens were drawn to you for a reason. That is karma!

Dracko
September 29th, 2008, 02:27 PM
I live in Saskatoon. I believe it is 5 hours away. :D

What is Redman's disposition? Do you think he'd be able to handle being around a GSD? Dracko gets along with my cats but does "play" with the ones that let him by rolling them around, slobbering all over them, etc. One of the younger ones I have is intimidated around him and runs when he gets too near.

But as you can see by this picture as long as a cat isn't scared of him they can be buddies.

http://img186.imageshack.us/img186/4025/dsc01388he6.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

Magicwildwolf69
September 29th, 2008, 05:11 PM
such cute babies want to mail one to Connecticut for me? well i wish i would be in deep trouble :D

:grouphug: to you for your great outlook on life you remind us all that we live should live day to day

BrightEyes
September 30th, 2008, 12:53 PM
Dracko, I'm sure Redman would be wary at first, as he's just a little over 7 weeks old. But he comes right up to me and let's me walk right up to him without skittering away. I give him cuddles and kitty skritches every chance I get and he seems to love the attention. I think he would get comfortable after a bit of time, though I really can't say for sure if he'd get along with Dracko or any other dog. So your guess would be as good as mine. He comes off the landing of the steps and into the hall and walks and plays around some and basically holds his ground when Karma comes bounding along. Remember, I have a bouncy, wiggly puppy, whereas, you have an adult dog. I think if Karma wasn't so bouncy and full of puppiness and chaos that all the kitties would be sleeping cuddled up with her.

I handle all the kitties several times a day, but the white and blackish ones are really fraidy cats. When I get to the top of the stairs, Redman and the black one and the two tabbies come around to greet me. The two white and blackish ones look on from farther away.

BrightEyes
September 30th, 2008, 01:01 PM
Benmax and Magicwildwolf69, and everyone else, thank you for your nice comments. Yes, we all should all live every day to it's fullest, I truly believe that.

Diamondsmum
September 30th, 2008, 01:31 PM
B-E.

You are a inspiration.. & I am sooo glad you came here to share with us your fur-kids errr zoo.

Sending hugs to you & the zoo errrr Family, :grouphug:

keep ths pics coming :)

Dracko
October 1st, 2008, 12:34 AM
Dracko, I'm sure Redman would be wary at first, as he's just a little over 7 weeks old. But he comes right up to me and let's me walk right up to him without skittering away. I give him cuddles and kitty skritches every chance I get and he seems to love the attention. I think he would get comfortable after a bit of time, though I really can't say for sure if he'd get along with Dracko or any other dog. So your guess would be as good as mine. He comes off the landing of the steps and into the hall and walks and plays around some and basically holds his ground when Karma comes bounding along. Remember, I have a bouncy, wiggly puppy, whereas, you have an adult dog. I think if Karma wasn't so bouncy and full of puppiness and chaos that all the kitties would be sleeping cuddled up with her.

I handle all the kitties several times a day, but the white and blackish ones are really fraidy cats. When I get to the top of the stairs, Redman and the black one and the two tabbies come around to greet me. The two white and blackish ones look on from farther away.

I think any kitten that young who even entertains the idea of checking out a dog will acclimate to one in the long run. When I adopted Ginkgo at 6 months it took her about 2 days before she started reaching through the baby gate to touch Dracko and a week before she started to feel brave enought to jump over the gate if he was around. For the first bit she'd take off like a bat outta hell if he walked towards her and after a while she got brave and realized he wasn't going to hurt her.

BrightEyes
October 2nd, 2008, 11:56 PM
Yep, you're correct, in the longrun it would be fine, I'm sure. Redman and 3 of the other kitties are getting quite brave and also learn when they can sneak by without Karma seeing them :laughing: Sometimes they do get cornered though, but they just hunker down and wait for me to come rescue them. Then they'll turn around and do it all over again, those little :evil:
And poor Karma, all she wants to do it play. LOL