Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Here's another idiot giving their dog away

Dracko
September 28th, 2008, 12:42 AM
Just keep reading. At first it sounds like she is wanting to find a good home. After you catch on she just wants it to not be HER home. :mad:

Free ..Maltese mix dog
Ad ID: 76942828
Visits: 285

Street address: 2777 Kipling Ave, Etobicoke, M9V4M2 View map
Date Listed: 27-Sep-08

We are moving and we can't take our beloved maltese mix dog with us....he is 9 years old as of last august...Loving and full of energy!
His name is MICKEY
He really needs a loving home with people who are willing to walk him and play with him...he is a big sook and Loves attention...We love him so much and are sad to see him go...
Here are some things about his personality:

He loves attention....belly rubs and stuff like that
He will always let you know when someone is at the door!!
he has a short haircut that is now starting to grow in, if you let it grow he looks like a shaggy dog, I usually keep it trimmed

He is neutered
He Does Not Shed!
He is a very happy dog!

I have been so busy lately and just don't have time for him, so we decided that we would give him away before we move
I would prefer that he goes to a country setting because he needs to be outdoors too....

He has a cut on the bottom of his foot that may need some vetrinary attention...it may heal on its own too...Its not bothering him at all, but he licks it now and then...it just happened a week or so ago...I really don't have the time or money to take him to the vet...so you are getting a great dog, but I would reccommend that you take him to the vet to see if they can give you some cream or something to help his foot out.......

He really is an awesome dog and I hope to find him a great home

I am only going to leave this ad here for one week then I will take him to the humaine society if I don't find him a home

I have everything you need for him
Dog food
Leash and harness
Dog bed
Etc

My name is Kelly
416-743-xxxx

http://toronto.kijiji.ca/c-pets-to-give-or-donate-Free-Maltese-mix-dog-W0QQAdIdZ76942828

Lise
September 28th, 2008, 07:40 AM
There's one in the gazette too.Female maltese to give away to experienced dog owner only.Guess this one has behavioural problems they want to dump on someone else.

ancientgirl
September 28th, 2008, 10:43 AM
First she says she's moving and can't take the dog, then she says she doesn't have the time to devote to him, then she says he's got a cut she can't afford to have taken care of.

And if she can't find a home she's taking him to the Humane Society? :wall:

Melinda
September 28th, 2008, 10:52 AM
she REALLY loves that dog doesn't she????:loser: one week and then the humane society...........when does it end???

sugarcatmom
September 28th, 2008, 11:25 AM
I wish there was some way to force this despicable waste-of-space lowlife to read this little tidbit: http://www.craigslist.org/about/best/sac/179052393.html

14+kitties
September 28th, 2008, 11:36 AM
It wouldn't do any good. She is determined to dump her beloved pet any way she can. :sad:

ancientgirl
September 28th, 2008, 11:37 AM
SCM, that was very sad. But it's good to see there are other people out there trying to knock some sense and feeling into these people.

Diamondsmum
September 28th, 2008, 11:55 AM
:sorry::offtopic:

(a lil)
Theres a ad close to me that is same kinda deal 4yr old Golden retriever

I am sooo upset about it.

She wants to get rid of it because She does daycare in her hoem & the dog is a lil too big for the kids!!

just pisses me off

He is beautiful from his pic.

*sigh

Frenchy
September 28th, 2008, 12:02 PM
Theres a ad close to me that is same kinda deal 4yr old Golden retriever

I am sooo upset about it.

You could reply to the add by referring them to the Ontario Golden rescue :dog:

Diamondsmum
September 28th, 2008, 12:11 PM
Yup frenchy I did that, Also sent out to my friends, family etc.

They never replied back on it.

Bina
September 28th, 2008, 03:15 PM
Some dumpers say that they will bring the dog to the spca, but they mainly want to put pressure on anyone considering adopting the dog. On the other hand, I've seen people keep the pet until the current bag of food runs out and then "he's gone to the spca".:sad:

Bearsmom
October 1st, 2008, 06:42 AM
Just found a 3 yr old St. Bernard Ad posted in Toronto Kijiji Sept 8:

we are relocating from the large farm we are at and would like to find a good home for a great dog,she is a rescued short haired st bernard female approximately 3 years old.great with people but thinks that she is supposed to be the only animal on the planet(ha,ha)seriously though she is best on a farm or large property.she is fixed and ready to go we are moving on november first and are looking for a home for this gorgeous animal.if you are interested in giving india a home please contact jim or kim at(905)936-4756 anytime,if we are not home please leave a message and we will get back to you as soon as possible!

Bearsmom
October 1st, 2008, 06:43 AM
And, we've got a large St. Bernard who has NO problems living in our house....and we don't live on a farm. Grrrr.

Bearsmom
October 1st, 2008, 06:45 AM
AND here's another one (again from Toronto Kijiji) who wants $1500 for their 13 week old St. Bernard (although by looking at the ad, it doesn't look like a Saint to me at all....). But, here's the kicker, they're willing to TRADE the Saint for 2 Malteses.

ACK!!!!

hi there we are looking for a good large home for our st. bernard puppy he is 13 weeks old he is potty trained will only pee and poop outside he loves attention and wants to be with his family all the time hes a beautiful dog but too much for us to handle with a little baby so we are looking for a smaller dog preferable a ****zu for more information call or 647 832 2085
looking to make a trade for 2 tri color male and female ****zu if interested please call

aslan
October 1st, 2008, 07:41 AM
seriously gonna go check this bimbo on Kipling ave out, it's right around the corner from me, hmmmmm oh mommy you need another little one.:D

im_nomad
October 1st, 2008, 08:15 PM
yeah i've seen a couple of ads like this lately circulating within my organization "we're moving, please take our (several year old) dog/cat". It's even worse when said people want to actually make a profit in the offloading of their beloved pet. I have honestly never seen the 9 year old bit however. I can't imagine three years ago, offloading my dog at that age. And I know myself, the minute that little bugger came home as a puppy and looked at me, there was no giving her back.

that being said, I do understand that there would be some circumstances where this might be necessary: someone living alone with no family around, finds themselves in a dire financial fall out situation, loss of job, and has to move to a very limited choice of rental accomodations like a bedsit or something...and there are few and far between that will take an animal...i'm guessing faced with homelessness with dog or the possibility of a home without your animal, you'd might face a very difficult choice. ..;another scenario, eldery owner falls very ill, no family to take the animal. Those kinds of situations.

I know someone however, who never wanted a dog, and was actually a bit afraid of them, had discussed this with hubby who did want a dog...and despite all this, hubby came home with this unwelcome, and unfortuatly high maintenance and very hyper dog. Eventually the dog did go to other owners, albeit within the family.

It's too bad that people really don't think these things out in general, aside from the exceptions.

And seriously, that first Kijiji ad doesnt even sound real.

Frenchy
October 1st, 2008, 08:27 PM
But, here's the kicker, they're willing to TRADE the Saint for 2 Malteses.

ACK!!!!

:frustrated: I see this many times on kijiji Montreal. It's usually intact dogs :mad:

erykah1310
October 1st, 2008, 09:03 PM
I avoid free ads, they all make my blood pressure skyrocket.

On another note quickly, do you think we should be posting their phone numbers on here? I personally would love for some rescue or shelter people to call these people and blast them, but really I don't think it would do the board any service if they found out that this is where the numbers were found.
Not to protect the morons, just protect the forum

MommaKat
October 1st, 2008, 09:16 PM
Lately when I look at these ads I notice one of the first things they advertise is that the dog is not neutered, sometimes advertised rigt in the title. This is one near me....

* PRICE REDUCED* ATTENTION BASSET HOUND BREEDERS!!!!!!!!!!*

Because of a new job, I can't keep my basset hound. Sibyl is 3 yrs old, house broke, loves to go for walks and drives. She is excellent with children and other animals. She is NOT FIXED, had a litter of 8 puppies in May.

Like WTH :wall: ?

I saw another ad about a 5yr GSD that needs a new owner in a week or it's going to be put down :yell: :cry: . What's wrong with these people?

Bearsmom
October 2nd, 2008, 05:59 AM
I avoid free ads, they all make my blood pressure skyrocket.

On another note quickly, do you think we should be posting their phone numbers on here? I personally would love for some rescue or shelter people to call these people and blast them, but really I don't think it would do the board any service if they found out that this is where the numbers were found.
Not to protect the morons, just protect the forum

IMO, they posted their phone number on kijiji, so there's really no secret, but I can remove the numbers from my post (or, hey, we can just say I'm helping rehome????)

Melinda
October 2nd, 2008, 06:12 AM
I wonder if a second child is expected if they will put up an ad for the first child? "not potty trained, but cute and cuddly"