Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

I would like you all to meet George...

krdahmer
September 27th, 2008, 12:12 AM
Well since you all seemed about as concerned as me when he was gone... I'd like you to see what all the fuss was about...:grouphug:

I give you Fagan's brother George! Home and happy as can be (albeit a little skinnier than before)... he came out and right up to me as soon as I sat on the couch! :lovestruck: I think his adventure days are over, he seems happy to just curl up on the couch. :fingerscr

krdahmer
September 27th, 2008, 12:36 AM
Ok... now a challenge... which do you think is which in this kitten pic? I think the right is Fagan, left is George (middle is Shadow of course)...?

growler~GateKeeper
September 27th, 2008, 02:12 AM
Awww George :lovestruck: he's got a wise old man look about him :cloud9:

Fagan is definately the kitten on the right - look at the Tabby M on his forehead he has more white in the bottom of the M, where as George on the left has less white more orange. And the eye shape is also different.

Two orange tabby cuties :cloud9:

rainbow
September 27th, 2008, 02:35 AM
Awwwww....cute babies Fagan, George and Shadow. :flirt:

I didn't notice the eye shape difference but Fagan is the one on the right as he has more white on his face. They sure both grew into two handsome boys though. :lovestruck:

I think Fagan has a more content look about him too. :cloud9:

So how is George doing.....are they keeping a closer eye on him now? :fingerscr

14+kitties
September 27th, 2008, 05:17 AM
Awwww Mr George is very handsome! :cloud9: But he has an angry look about his face that he's had since he was a wee one.

George, Shadow, Fagan in the pic. Fagan's face is softer.

krdahmer
September 27th, 2008, 11:15 AM
They are definitely being more careful at the doors, and he doesn't seem to want to get out anyhow, it was just a fluke we think, may have been chasing each other when they happened upon the open door and maybe chased one another out.... Libby is still hissing and growling at him, but he takes it and looks like he's ready to play again with her. (Maybe he chased her outside, and she's still peeved?) They started buying their food at Costco to save money, and are getting the whiskas:frustrated: (I'm not impressed), I mentioned that I thought some of you said that the kirkland costco brand stuff was a bit better? She was buying ok stuff, then switched to Iams, then whiskas, so I tried to explain the long term expenses of feeding cheap food now. But it is hard when you have a baby and a tight budget I guess. :shrug: Not everyone is willing to eat spaghetti and rice for weeks so that their kitties get the good stuff!:crazy: He has lost quite a bit of weight over the summer, most when he was outside, so I suggested feeding them seperate for a bit, until she stops bullying him away from the food.

And I do see it now in the kitten pic, Fagan does have a lighter face:lovestruck:, I've been going back and forth over those kitten pics for years having a heck of a time deciding who is Fagan! And George was the worried kitten cause he was alone in the house for a night, we caught him first and he was a bit traumatized I think, the other guys when they came in, already had something familiar there, George!

rainbow
September 27th, 2008, 01:15 PM
If she is going to Costco to buy her cat food maybe you can talk her into buying their Kirkland brand as the ingredients are better. I don't know for sure, as we don't have a Costco nearby, but I would think that it is not more expensive than Whiskas since it's their store brand.

ancientgirl
September 27th, 2008, 06:15 PM
OMG he's so handsome! LOL, I love that first picture.

I think George is the one on the left and Fagan on the right. I tried to look close and I think I saw a little spec like he's got on his nose, on the kitty on the left. They ALL look so cute!

krdahmer
September 27th, 2008, 08:15 PM
Ya it was too cute... in that first one, everytime I snapped the flash he was meowing and I just caught that one perfect in mid-meow! :lovestruck:

Frenchy
September 27th, 2008, 10:26 PM
If she is going to Costco to buy her cat food maybe you can talk her into buying their Kirkland brand as the ingredients are better. I don't know for sure, as we don't have a Costco nearby, but I would think that it is not more expensive than Whiskas since it's their store brand.

I buy the Kirkland one , $11.99 for 20 lbs bag ! And yes , it is better than whiskas or Iams.

I love the first picture , he seems so unimpressed :laughing:

rainbow
September 28th, 2008, 12:10 AM
I buy the Kirkland one , $11.99 for 20 lbs bag ! And yes , it is better than whiskas or Iams.

That is a great price. :thumbs up

krd, I'm sure you should be able to convince her. :goodvibes:

growler~GateKeeper
September 28th, 2008, 12:16 AM
I didn't notice the eye shape difference but Fagan is the one on the right as he has more white on his face.

George has more oval shaped eyes where as Fagans are more rounded, more noticiable in the current pics but I (http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/whacky115.gif) can see it in the kitten one too :shrug: :D

krdahmer
September 28th, 2008, 12:29 AM
I have more trouble telling them apart in this one.... and I just wanted to post more kitten pictures!!! :p :D

LOL I was just thinking back to the day I decided mom had to take one even though she said no.... so I just showed up on her doorstep with Fagan and Shadow and said if you pick one, I'll keep the other and they'll all have good homes.... took her all of a minute and a half to decide Shadow was staying...:laughing::cloud9: I mean who could say no to those faces!!!

growler~GateKeeper
September 28th, 2008, 12:34 AM
The second kitten pic :lovestruck: I'd say Fagan again is on the right his tabby M gives the clues :D

krdahmer
September 28th, 2008, 12:38 AM
The second kitten pic :lovestruck: I'd say Fagan again is on the right his tabby M gives the clues :D

I agree... but for me it's the fact that he still gives me that exact look! (Notice the empty dishes... that's his 'what's the holdup lady' cutie face!)

rainbow
September 28th, 2008, 12:43 AM
It's Fagan's whiter face that I notice the difference in.

Cute baby kitty pics. :lovestruck:

chico2
September 28th, 2008, 08:02 AM
Kr,those kitty-pics are just adorable,I am glad they all have homes,but I think Fagan got the best of the best.
Is there any pics of Shadow as grown up??
He looks like Chico when he was a baby:lovestruck:

ancientgirl
September 28th, 2008, 08:34 AM
Aww, I love Fagan baby pics, and what a bonus to see George and Smoke there too. :lovestruck: In this one I get the feeling it's Fagan on the left this time. I'm trying to think back when Maks was a little guy, since he looks so much like Fagan, and the kitty on the left looks like Maks when he was a kitty. LOL, that's my resoning.:D

krdahmer
September 28th, 2008, 11:01 AM
Smoke is not there, that's Shadow, Smoke is much older than those guys, and Shadow is a she... I posted this in the catsittees thread but here is Shadow all growed up!

And the third one is the third brother, Zeke who lives with my brother (might as well meet the whole litter! ;) ).... he is by far the biggest of the bunch and also the most skittish, we caught him same day as George, but when we were cleaning him up he managed to squirm outta hubby's hands and get back to momma cat, so he spent an extra week or so beefing up on mom's milk. (I caught him asleep in the crook of a tree and nabbed him, just like I did Asker the next year.)

ancientgirl
September 28th, 2008, 11:10 AM
Whoops, I got the "s" right though.:D Zeke and Fagan have the same face to me. Have you ever thought what life may have been like had you kept them all together with you?

ancientgirl
September 28th, 2008, 11:16 AM
Couldn't help myself.

krdahmer
September 28th, 2008, 11:25 AM
Nope.... cause then poor Asker and Palomine would have still been out on the streets! (or I'd have 9 cats!!!:eek:... and no hubby... :rolleyes::laughing:)

I really do like that they are all close to me though, that way I can watch them grow, and make sure they are ok. :thumbs up

krdahmer
September 28th, 2008, 11:25 AM
:laughing: That's hilarious!!! thx!

ancientgirl
September 28th, 2008, 11:35 AM
:D

It's great that you can at least still see them and you KNOW they are being taken care of.

BrightEyes
September 28th, 2008, 02:17 PM
I love all the pics! Glad to hear George is back and that he's alright. Wow, there were 3 kitties from the same litter that were orange? That surprises me kinda.

luckypenny
September 29th, 2008, 03:54 AM
Welcome back George, safe and sound :highfive:.

Couldn't help myself.

:laughing: :cloud9: