- Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

Any good pet stores in Mississauga/Oakville area?

September 26th, 2008, 06:04 PM
Unfortunately we've lost our beloved dog few weeks ago, and we're thinking of getting another dog. I keep calling her at the house when we return home, and it's just so strange without hearing her voice. So I'm thinking of getting another dog.

We're thinking of getting a Pomeranian and it seems this breed is not very popular here. Any suggestions for a good pet store in the Mississauga area?

Appreciate your help.

September 26th, 2008, 06:36 PM
Maybe consider looking at a shelter or searching for a rescue group for poms? You could be saving a life ya know:cool:, there are so many animals in shelters :sad: And you would be surprised at how many purebreds are surrendered. That's my 2 cents.

September 26th, 2008, 06:43 PM
yup i agree go to the humane society or the shelter on the west mall. did you know most pet store pets come from puppymills or backyard breeders.

September 26th, 2008, 07:10 PM
The absolutely LAST place anyone should ever get a dog (or cat) from is a pet store, unless they're adopting one from an affiliated rescue organization. You would be supporting the horror that is puppy mills.

September 26th, 2008, 07:42 PM
yes, pet stores are the worst place to get dogs!!

If you can't find one at a shelter or rescue, try to find a reputable breeder, members here would be more then happy to tell you what to look for in a breeder.

September 26th, 2008, 09:41 PM
Yes, as others have said, definitely avoid buying any dog of any breed from a pet store. If you cannot find a suitable dog in a rescue, you should contact the Pomeranian Club of Canada . They do breeder referrals to breeders that have signed their code of ethics, and also run a rescue organization for Pomeranians.