Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

pets4life prepared raw

Love4himies
September 26th, 2008, 11:21 AM
My local Global is carrying pets4life raw now. Thinking of buying some on payday.

http://www.pets4life.com/index.php?p=research/faqs

Has anybody tried the feline food from pets4life? If so, any issues/concerns?

kathryn
September 26th, 2008, 12:58 PM
If it's the frozen stuff, go for it. I know the company is owned or similar to Aunt Jeni's. Get the chicken formula :D It should be the same as the one in the US. My cats looveeeee it.

Love4himies
September 30th, 2008, 11:50 AM
Well I bought some today, will check it out tonight to see how it is liked.

Love4himies
October 1st, 2008, 01:36 PM
The cats HATED it, the kittens wouldn't even eat it when I mixed it with fresh chicken breast :frustrated: Won't be buying that again.

BenMax
October 1st, 2008, 01:41 PM
No kidding? Good thing I waited for you to waste your money before I rushed out to buy it. Expensive I suppose? Can it be returned if they do not like it? Worse case scenario is giving it to the feral cats....

Thanks for the update. You probably saved many of us a lot of grief..sorry you were the guinea pig.

sugarcatmom
October 1st, 2008, 03:13 PM
Ya, there are a few ingredients in this product that I'm not so keen on, but particularly the grapefruit seed extract. Even if they're using a miniscule amount, that stuff has a very strong, NASTY flavour. I'm always surprised when I hear about cats that DO like it.

Love4himies
October 2nd, 2008, 07:56 AM
No kidding? Good thing I waited for you to waste your money before I rushed out to buy it. Expensive I suppose? Can it be returned if they do not like it? Worse case scenario is giving it to the feral cats....

Thanks for the update. You probably saved many of us a lot of grief..sorry you were the guinea pig.

If my foster kittens won't eat it, I doubt the ferals will eat it, maybe the raccoons? :laughing: My fosters were feral and don't mind cat food now, but before: no way, raw, raw, raw is what they wanted. If they were going to be kept by me, they would be on a raw diet, but they are going up for adoption so I need to prepare them for their future life.

4KB
October 9th, 2008, 07:33 AM
I have two shihtzus and also tried the Pets 4 Life Chicken and they would not go near it! I tried several times.....and they would simply sniff and walk away.
I am not sure where you are but I am now using Paws and Claws and they love it! You may want to try that one!