Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Hi for the first time

ownedbycats
September 25th, 2008, 07:02 AM
I'm new and I just started posting, but I've already received some good advice.:cat:

I'm going to introduce my pets, if I start boring you, I'm sorry but I love talking about my pets. (Hmmm, can I claim my brother's cat as mine since he lives in the same house?)
Dr. Seuss (my brother's cat) is our longest resident. My brother brought him home laswt summer because we knew our elderly cat and dog would not be around much longer. (He only knew them for a few months before they died but its funny how much he learned from them. He learned Shagg's trick of banging at the door to let us know when he wants to go in or out.)

Misty is a stry we took in a couple months after aour old cat died. She was friendly, we couldn't find anyone who claimed her and sh got along with Dr. Seuss. She was already pregnant and eight weeks ago presented us with eight kittens, seven of which survived. they were adorable. Now they are tearing the basement apart, they are bieng referred to as the cute little MONSTERS:evil:

Winston
September 25th, 2008, 07:11 AM
Welcome aboard! you will find this a great site with lots of wonderful people and all sorts of information!

Pictures are a must so I might as well ask for them first!!:thumbs up

Cindy

14+kitties
September 25th, 2008, 07:12 AM
Welcome! And umm, pictures??? We need to see if these cute little things are really the monsters you are making them out to be!
Are you planning on trying to adopt some of the kittens or are you keeping them all? Thanks for helping out the momma!!

happycats
September 25th, 2008, 08:31 AM
Welcome :)

And your introduction........ummmm.......try reading it out loud....."Hi for the first time" sounds like something else.....:laughing:

jk. welcome and enjoy, there is plenty of wonderful and usefull information to be found here!

Tundra_Queen
September 25th, 2008, 12:38 PM
Hi

Welcome to the forum!! Lots of great advice here. :D

Debbie

ownedbycats
September 25th, 2008, 12:46 PM
Sorry, apparently I'm new enough I have to wait 36 hours to post pics ( I'm having trouble getting the pics shrunk to 100k so more time to play around and figure it out.) in the meantime I will give a quick description:
Dr. Seuss (male): Medium length solid pewter grey with tiny white dot under his chin

Misty (aka mom): Pure white with pale,pale green eyes
kittens
Thing 1 and Thing 2(female and male): almost pure black with long white guard hairs on legs
Houdini (male): White with a black smudge an his head close to right ear
Flicka ( means "little girl"): Pure white, and it looks like she will have one blue eye and one green
Runt (female): Black, fluffy medium length fur, but undercoat is pale grey, and turns into a semi-circle pale grey ruff around her under her ears
MooBoots (male): Black ears back and tail, white legs chest and continues up his nose between his eyes, and half way around his neck

hazelrunpack
September 25th, 2008, 04:41 PM
Welcome to the board, ownedbycats :D

BrightEyes
September 26th, 2008, 12:27 AM
Hi ownedbycats and Welcome! I can't wait to see pics of the basement :evil: 's. I have a few of my own, but they are upstairs :evil: 's

:laughing: :laughing:

ownedbycats
September 28th, 2008, 06:04 PM
Here they are. Looking too cute to be dangerous. Sadly, they are no longer basement kitties. They have discovered the joys of upstairs. Dr. Seuss, who had the upstairs, is going nuts, because there are too many kittens. He runs away every time they hiss at him because Misty turns into "monster mama" at seeing him anywhere near them.. She assumes he is trying to hurt them, even when he was innocently minding his own business.

Magicwildwolf69
September 28th, 2008, 06:11 PM
welcome to the board everyone here is really friendly and gives great advice.

Kittens they are so cute! :cloud9: i really want another but bf would kill lol