Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

What do you do?

babymomma
September 24th, 2008, 05:41 PM
Just for fun i thought i'd open a thread so you could share your traditions invloving your pets. What do you Do On Christmas(for those of you who does not celebrate christmas you should definatly add something about another holiday that is important in your family:thumbs up)
What about your pets birthdays? What gifts to you give? Do you give gifts? Tell Us anything At all that you do!

I havent really had alot of pets in my life time, this is my first dog but i have had mice/Hamsters..

On my mices birthday i made the a cake that envolved fruits and frozen yogurt and i bought them some new toys like wheeels and stuff and i bought them treats and i bought some new tunnels for there house, I also speant the whole day with them so they didnt have to be in there cage :)

Chaser
September 24th, 2008, 06:45 PM
Chase got to go with me to Pet Valu on his birthday. I showed him a couple of toy options, put them on the floor, and let him pick. He got a Cuz :D He also got some Zuke's denta bones made from potatoes and carrots, an apple crumble canned doggie dessert, and a new collar. We took an extra long walk home, and spent a couple solid hours of Mommy-Chase playtime. I'll probably do something similar for the holidays.....but doubt I will wrap their presents, because Kailey eats everything in sight, whether she's supposed to or not! Somehow I think a big ball of wrapping paper would be a bit hazardous...:rolleyes:

Trapper
September 24th, 2008, 06:47 PM
My dog gets a little can of soft food on Christmas. Plus some bones and a few treats.

Melinda
September 25th, 2008, 05:36 AM
at xmas Brina has her own sock and wrapped gifts, family also buys for her *L* gotta love grama and aunts, same on her bday, she has her gift for easter (this year Skylar decided she wanted to take brina's stuffie to her new forever home*L*) and at halloween Brina dresses up and walks amoung the kids at my moms, the kids get a kick out of a dressed up doggie answering the door

Love4himies
September 25th, 2008, 07:02 AM
At Christmas, my kitties each get their own stocking filled with their fav toys and treats. They get to open theirs on Xmas Eve, well mainly cause they smell the catnip and try to get into their stockings anyway :frustrated::p

happycats
September 25th, 2008, 07:08 AM
OHHHHH I'm so excited, this will be Buddy's first EVERYTHING!!!
I'm am already looking for a halloween costume for him, and can't wait to share turkey dinner with him on Thanksgiving, and Christmas will be a blast (although I worry about the tree, decorations, and his forever wagging tail:rolleyes:) .

My cat's always share in the turkey dinners, and get treats and toys at Christmas, although they are not big on holiday celebrations (to many people and to much noise for them)

Luvmypitgirls
September 25th, 2008, 08:10 AM
Each of my dogs get their own little birthday party. They each get a gift bag and I order a special cake for them.
Halloween, they each get dressed up in costume, only long enough for me to snap a few pictures, this year they will be dressed up as convicts. We used to dress them up and take them out with the kids to trick or treat, but since the kids have long outgrown trick or treating we don't parade them around the neighborhood anymore.
Christmas time both the dogs and cats get stockings and gifts, and they get a very "special" Christmas dinner.
Valentines day, they each get a homemade peanutbutter cookie shaped like a heart and covered in carrob.
For the cats birthdays, they get new catnip toys and a little can of soft food.
Thanksgiving, they are all treated to a bit of turkey mixed in with their regular food.

14+kitties
September 25th, 2008, 08:15 AM
They get all the love, hugs, snuggles, kisses I can give them. Every day is a special day with my little ones. :cloud9:

MommaKat
September 25th, 2008, 11:40 AM
For the cats we don't do too much. I don't know their birthdays so I just celebrate gotcha days and christmas. They get an extra treat (usually a new one to try from the pet store) and in our empty spare bedroom we let loose about a dozen toy jingly balls that they just go crazy chasing. We like to think are spoiled all the time. Our last big purchase for them was a kitty condo that they just love.

This will be my first year For Maggie (also don't know her exact Bday), she will probably get a little bit of turkey on thanksgiving and Christmas. For Christmas she will get a new bone to distract her from all the relatives dropping by and maybe I will finish making her doggie bed by then :cloud9: On gotcha day for her she MIGHT get a plain ice cream, since I have read it's not too bad for once a year.

BenMax
September 25th, 2008, 12:00 PM
Nowadays, celebration treats, cakes, party packs etc are easy to buy at animal specialty stores. They are expensive but save time and effort from having to 'bake'.

I always lavish my pets on their Gottcha Days, X-Mas or Easter! It is very interesting that every X-Mas they know that there is something for them under the tree.