Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Jasper ran after a cat last night

Love4himies
September 23rd, 2008, 09:00 AM
OMG, last night when I was taking Jasper (Jasper will go crazy until he can do his zoomies and check his territory) and Puddles for their walk about (around the house). I am watching Jasper as he seems very intent on staring at something and I have to watch him as he has become a very skilled chipmunk hunter and will now take off into the woods to give chase. Jasper gets down into his pouncing stance and a beautiful carmel tabby comes walking non chalantly around the corner of the garage :eek::eek:

Puddles is in the driveway, she gets scared and freezes because there is no Snowball that will protect her :sad:, so I scoop her up. Jasper then takes off and gives chase to the tabby :eek::yell: into the woods at full speed. I throw Puddles into the screen room and take off after Jasper. He comes back out of the woods full of burrs :frustrated:, but very proud of himself ;).

Jasper has changed so much this summer, like a matured, confident male kitty, he is now a skilled hunter, and seems to take his territory very seriously. He won't let Sweet Pea get what ever she wants and Sweet Pea will back down from him :p Puddles still rules him though, must be her big blue eyes :cloud9:.

So now the worry of the stay being hungry starts. I will leave some cat food out, but the raccoons will probably get it first :yell: :frustrated: :sad:.

ancientgirl
September 23rd, 2008, 09:21 AM
Jasper is showing he's the man...er big kitty of the house. I'm glad he came back to you so easily though. I didn't know you took walks with them outside.

Poor little stray:sad: Did she have a collar? Maybe she's someone's kitty.

Love4himies
September 23rd, 2008, 10:02 AM
Jasper is showing he's the man...er big kitty of the house. I'm glad he came back to you so easily though. I didn't know you took walks with them outside.

Poor little stray:sad: Did she have a collar? Maybe she's someone's kitty.

Yes, I am glad he came back easily, I am surrounded by pretty heavy woods so I could have easily lost him.

I didn't get close enough to see the cat, very, very pretty. She doesn't belong to anybody in the neighbourhood and I live in a very rural place so obviously a stray :sad:.

Yes, Jasper and Puddles have their daily walk around the outside of the house, twice on weekends.

Pictures of my yard:

ancientgirl
September 23rd, 2008, 10:13 AM
Wow, I love your yard! Um...would you be interested in adopting a 41 year old Latin girl, with 5 super cool kitties?

Love4himies
September 23rd, 2008, 10:14 AM
Sure, no problem, we can see how Czarina and Sweet Pea get along :crazy:

ancientgirl
September 23rd, 2008, 10:15 AM
Oh, I bet THAT would be interesting. I'd need a full year of Prozac, not just for Czarina, but for me!

14+kitties
September 23rd, 2008, 10:30 AM
That must have been pretty scary for you! :eek: Maybe you will have to start putting a leash on him? Then he can walk you! :rolleyes: :D I hope the kitty shows up again so you can maybe see if it's chipped or something. Maybe got away from it's owner? Or dumped. :sad:
Good luck!!

Love4himies
September 23rd, 2008, 10:45 AM
Oh, I bet THAT would be interesting. I'd need a full year of Prozac, not just for Czarina, but for me!

And me, and Sweet Pea, and Puddles, and Jasper for being in the middle trying to keep everything calm. :laughing: Or maybe he and Vlad will go off to another part of the house and ignore all the rumpus. :laughing:

Love4himies
September 23rd, 2008, 10:47 AM
That must have been pretty scary for you! :eek: Maybe you will have to start putting a leash on him? Then he can walk you! :rolleyes: :D I hope the kitty shows up again so you can maybe see if it's chipped or something. Maybe got away from it's owner? Or dumped. :sad:
Good luck!!

I am wondering if this is the kitty who has been marking around my house getting Jasper to start spraying outside.

I will keep an eye out and put out some food tonight around the catnip plants (on the other side of the truck in the pic). That seems to be where Jasper smells him the most and where I saw him come from last night.

ancientgirl
September 23rd, 2008, 10:48 AM
Oksana would certainly go off on her own, Vlad would likely hang with Jasper to just get away from the crazy girls, Kiska might even get in the middle of it, and Maks would likely watch the goings on from a safe spot. :laughing:

Love4himies
September 23rd, 2008, 10:51 AM
I don't think this cat is feral, seemed too comfortable in the yard and didn't seem to be phased by Jasper and Puddles in the driveway. There is no way this cat could not see them, he/she was walking right toward Puddles :confused:.

14+kitties
September 23rd, 2008, 10:54 AM
I would think that is probably the reason Jasper is spraying. We thought it was the dog show but maybe not. He probably knew someone was in HIS territory! If the kitty has been around for a while and is still looking good 10 to 1 he is a stray who has learned to fend for himself. :sad:

krdahmer
September 23rd, 2008, 11:22 AM
:eek: Glad Jasper didn't go far! And that poor little stray...yet another tossed out eh? :sad: :pray: he gets some of the food and that he lets you nab him and check him out!