Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Did Canidae change their ingredients???

gsdlove
September 22nd, 2008, 04:56 PM
Our dog use to do amazingly on Canidae. The last batch of food looked lighter and his stools have been different. It looks like the packaging has also changed. If so, I am going to look into Royal Canin (I think - I need to do some investigating first!)

rainbow
September 22nd, 2008, 05:15 PM
Yes, Canidae changed their ingredients and are also outsourcing to Diamond. I posted about it here....

http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=53970&highlight=canidae+changed+formula

Chris21711
September 22nd, 2008, 06:18 PM
Our dog use to do amazingly on Canidae. The last batch of food looked lighter and his stools have been different. It looks like the packaging has also changed. If so, I am going to look into Royal Canin (I think - I need to do some investigating first!)

I would stay away from Royal Canin though, there is good info on here to steer you towards a better food.

coppperbelle
September 22nd, 2008, 07:21 PM
Yes, they changed their ingredients. Unfortunately neither of my dogs is doing well on it and I had to change foods because of the constant scratching.

gsdlove
September 22nd, 2008, 07:40 PM
I emailed them about 3 months ago because I hard a rumour. I was emailed back to assure me that no changes to the food were made. My dog obviously does not tolerate gluten. Any recommendations? He's a 70lb german shepherd. Thanks!

Winston
September 22nd, 2008, 07:45 PM
Orijen...no grains, no gluten and no by products...has worked well for me!

Cindy

rainbow
September 22nd, 2008, 08:05 PM
I feed Orijen as well....awesome food. :thumbs up

gsdlove
September 22nd, 2008, 08:19 PM
I was looking at their ingredient list but they also have barley. I'll check out Orijen.

rainbow
September 22nd, 2008, 08:22 PM
Orijen is grain free. :thumbs up

mumof4boys
September 25th, 2008, 02:50 PM
I am not pleased with the new formula for the Canidae. We are experiencing problems with it with 1 of our dogs. When I read today that is was manufatured by Diamond I was really upset. I remember the recall they had a number of years ago that affected me then.
I see that many of you are suggestion Orijen which I will be checking out. But does anyone know anything about "Before Grain". One of our friends has her Huskey & Dalmation on the Buffalo flavour. She had tried the Canidae and both dogs didn't agree with that either. Before Grain is working out wonderful for her dogs.
Any thoughs?
Thanks