Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Well our little Flamepoint Himi is here!

RaYne
September 22nd, 2008, 09:33 AM
Early! It's a long story but basically I was suppose to pick him up on October 1st. He really should have stayed with mom for a couple more weeks but we will manage. I got a call to come and get him for health reasons unrelated to the kittens. I'm not working at the moment so I can give constant care.

For those that didn't see my post in Cat Health. This kitten is suspected to have FHV (Feline herpes) contracted from his mother. I already have a herpes cat... Demon which we adopted from the humane society. So what's one more right? ;)

He's currently setup in our spare bedroom with food, litter and a bed. I'm trying to keep it quiet and stress free so he doesn't develop another URI. In just a few days his eyes look a ton better but he's still sneezing occasionally and has a dark dried crust on his nose. I've managed to get most of it off with frequent cleaning. He doesn't have any breathing issues, no congestion.. His eyes seemed to be more affected than anything else.

He's such a sweetheart.. I've never had such a cuddly cat, he purrs up a storm 24/7. :lovestruck:

We are having a bit of a problem with Demon though. Demon is a go getter and a forceful player. When we allow them together he loves to 'jump' the kitten and swat at him. This morning he tried to give him a bite and run. So they are only allowed together supervised. They are both interested in each other and follow each other around. So I'm hoping that will get better in time. If it doesn't I'm sure I'll be asking for help. ;)

Anyway I know this thread would be useless without pictures so without further ado here's Louie. :D

kathryn
September 22nd, 2008, 09:37 AM
Very cute! Did the himi get vetted already? Once Demon and Louie are in the clear for medical reasons then let them beat the crap out of each other.. it's very funny to watch!

MommaKat
September 22nd, 2008, 09:37 AM
Soooo cute :cloud9: He is going to be quite the looker when he is grown lol :lovestruck: Congrats on your new family member.

RaYne
September 22nd, 2008, 09:48 AM
Very cute! Did the himi get vetted already? Once Demon and Louie are in the clear for medical reasons then let them beat the crap out of each other.. it's very funny to watch!

Yup Louie was checked at the vet the same day I got him. He's parasite free, but he didn't get any shots yet. He's only 7 weeks old. I know... :mad:

Health wise they are both in the same boat. Just getting over the final bit of the URI. So they can't really re-infect each other.

Since Louie he was parasite free I let them meet and Demon was well acting like a Demon. LOL There is a fair size difference too since Demon is 4 months old so I'm scared to let them have at it just yet. Louie needs a few weeks to get bigger. He's already bigger than Demon was at about the same age so it shouldn't take long.

Tundra_Queen
September 22nd, 2008, 11:23 AM
Oh he is sweet! :-)

Love4himies
September 22nd, 2008, 11:29 AM
Only 7 weeks old :eek:. Demon is going to love to have a playmate :lovestruck:

He sure is a cutie.:cloud9:

rainbow
September 22nd, 2008, 12:41 PM
OMG....he is totally adorable. :cloud9:

It sounds like Louie and Demon are going to be great buddies. I don't remember ever seeing pics of Demon....HINT HINT :D Do you still have Fido and Lucy? :confused:

14+kitties
September 22nd, 2008, 02:09 PM
Awwwwww, so cute!!! Thanks for adopting a little fella with health issues. He will enrich your life a thousand fold, I am sure! :thumbs up :angel:

ancientgirl
September 22nd, 2008, 02:30 PM
Oh my goodness what a sweetie! He's so tiny.:cloud9:

phoozles
September 22nd, 2008, 03:20 PM
What a sweet little fuzzball! :lovestruck:

growler~GateKeeper
September 23rd, 2008, 12:59 AM
Louie is adorable :lovestruck:

I'm very happy you've adopted an FHV kitty, not many can without risking the health of resident cats. :thumbs up

Love4himies
September 23rd, 2008, 06:51 AM
Ok it's been 24 hours and no new pics :yell:???? :frustrated: :D

How is Louie doing?

chico2
September 23rd, 2008, 07:03 AM
OMG what an adorable little guy,I am glad he's not in my house,I would get nothing done:lovestruck:
I would not let them"go at it"as I am sure you would not,the little one is way to young.
When I first had Vinnie,he spent a lot of time in my den,with French doors,then for a while only at night and eventually he was free to roam with the others.
I don't remember seeing Demon either,is there a pic somewhere???
Louie,will grow up to be one stunning big boy:lovestruck:hopefully they'll both get healthy:fingerscr

mollywog
September 23rd, 2008, 07:58 AM
oh wow Louie is just adorable! look at that little kissable face!!! :lovestruck:

RaYne
September 23rd, 2008, 09:25 AM
OMG....he is totally adorable. :cloud9:

It sounds like Louie and Demon are going to be great buddies. I don't remember ever seeing pics of Demon....HINT HINT :D Do you still have Fido and Lucy? :confused:

Yup we still have everyone. We are a 4 cat household now.

Lucy and Fido are seperate even though Lucy has shown signs of the virus most likely from Demon since she's never been sick ever in her 3 years. Fido is my CRF guy and he's in no mood for the youngins.. He's 12 and old and grouchy.. LOL Lucy is his buddy so I couldn't seperate them. I'm just hoping that Fido stays symptom free even though I know he's been in contact with the virus.

Since all my cats have now been exposed from Demon what was one more right? LOL

Louie is doing really well. Still some wet sneezes and watery eyes periodically but other than that he's good. He loves attention and if you don't give him any in the instant he wants it he climbs your leg.. or if your sitting on the floor.. your back. LOL

I'm charging my camera batteries.. I'll have new pics soon.

Here's pics of Demon (squinting because he doesn't like the camera flash), Lucy and Fido.

ancientgirl
September 23rd, 2008, 09:30 AM
Demon looks like he's just a kitten himself:lovestruck:. Lucy and Fido are gorgeous.

RaYne
September 23rd, 2008, 09:37 AM
Demon is about 4 -4.5 months old now.. He was 5 pounds at his last vet visit which was about 2 weeks ago. He's grown a ton. When we adopted him in July he weighed 1 pound.

ancientgirl
September 23rd, 2008, 09:46 AM
Oh okay, he's still a little guy then.

14+kitties
September 23rd, 2008, 09:51 AM
That is one gorgeous family you have! :cloud9: They are all adorable. Fido looks a lot like my Qugee and (I think) Chico's Rocky. Stunning. I love his nose. Kissable. :lovestruck:

growler~GateKeeper
September 23rd, 2008, 11:12 PM
Purrty fur family you have :lovestruck: :cloud9:

Not to overtake Louie's thread but how is Fido doing w/his CRF? :goodvibes: :grouphug: My grrl Duffy (http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=45017) also has CRF.

rainbow
September 23rd, 2008, 11:51 PM
I honestly don't remember seeing pics of any of your kitties :o and they are all lovely. :lovestruck:

Sorry to hear about Fido. :sad: Have you read Growler's thread about her Duffy with CRF? It is full of excellent information. :thumbs up

RaYne
September 24th, 2008, 08:46 AM
Thanks.. I have read it! That thread was a great help!

Growler, Fido seems to be doing ok at the moment. He still could use a bit more weight, but he's eating and drinking well. Some days I look at him and I know that his time is limited and others he's running around and playing like nothing is wrong.

Here's a pic of him I just took this morning. The other pic I posted was before he got sick. It's one of my favourite pics of him.

Love4himies
September 24th, 2008, 11:38 AM
Rule is, if you have more than one furkid, you can't post a pic of just one, ALL must have their pic posted too :D

How are Louie and Demon getting along?

RaYne
September 24th, 2008, 02:11 PM
So far not too bad. Demon gets a little too riled up sometimes and I need to intervene. Mainly jumping on him and biting... It's like he thinks Louie is a walking fuzzy stuffed toy. :frustrated:

Here's some new Louie pics. First pic I finally got a front face shot. (his poor eyes are still so runny :( )Second playing with a piece of plastic Demon found somewhere and the third I've captioned "OMG what the heck is that??!!" Lola wants to get close to him soooo badly but he's not too fond of the dogs at all. :laughing:

ancientgirl
September 24th, 2008, 02:13 PM
Louie is adorable. That last picture is very sweet.

rainbow
September 24th, 2008, 02:44 PM
So far not too bad. Demon gets a little too riled up sometimes and I need to intervene. Mainly jumping on him and biting... It's like he thinks Louie is a walking fuzzy stuffed toy. :frustrated:

But Louie does look like a fuzzy stuffed toy. :cloud9:

And, the pic of Louie and Lola is soooo adorable. :lovestruck: :cloud9: :lovestruck:

growler~GateKeeper
September 24th, 2008, 03:19 PM
RaYne I'm happy to hear Fido is doing good :lovestruck:, if you have an questions please let me know. :goodvibes:

Both Fido and Louie look great, and such a cute pic w/Lola & Louie :cloud9:

chico2
September 24th, 2008, 03:43 PM
Omg,can't get over how pretty Louie is,and Lola wow,no wonder Louie is a bit confused as to what she is:laughing:
Hope Louie get rid of the goopy eyes son:fingerscr

Toonces
September 24th, 2008, 03:56 PM
Wow what a bunch of beautifull kitties you have there:cloud9:

kanis
September 24th, 2008, 09:41 PM
Oh my freaking cuteness!!!!!! Adorable. :)

BrightEyes
September 25th, 2008, 01:22 AM
OMG, Louie is just absolutely adorable :flirt: What a fluffball of cuddlely goodness. Love the pic of Louie and Lola. Poor Louie... probably looks up and all he sees are these monster nostrils :laughing:

RaYne
September 26th, 2008, 09:33 AM
LOL I know poor little Louie. He's the size of Lola's ear. He's starting to get used to the dogs. He'll go in for a sniff while they are sleeping but if they move he'll jump/hiss and run away. LOL

Here's a couple pics of Demon and Louie so you can see the size difference. Demon is very slender and leggy while Louie is short and stocky. :laughing:

Not greats pics since they don't hold still for long. :p Don't mind the mess in the spare room. :o

Love4himies
September 26th, 2008, 11:29 AM
Short and stocky are himie traits :lovestruck: :cloud9:

Looks like they are having a blast, bet Demon loves having a little playmate :lovestruck:

chico2
September 26th, 2008, 03:47 PM
Aww Louie looks like a little Stuffie:lovestruck:Demon is a sweetie too ,he looks almost black,but maybe that's just the light in the pic.

growler~GateKeeper
September 27th, 2008, 01:33 AM
awwwww so cute little opposites kittens playing :lovestruck:

rainbow
September 27th, 2008, 01:44 AM
Awww...they're too cute playing together. :lovestruck:

I'm not going to ask what Louie is doing in the first pic though. :eek:

RaYne
September 27th, 2008, 08:44 AM
Aww Louie looks like a little Stuffie:lovestruck:Demon is a sweetie too ,he looks almost black,but maybe that's just the light in the pic.

Depending on the light he varies from silver to blue grey to dark grey to black. It's kinda neat actually. I think he gets that from his Russian Blue heritage.

LOL Rainbow.. Louie was doing the duck and dodge since Demon was slapping him in the head. LOL It does look crude though doesn't it? :laughing:

So far they are still getting along pretty good. Occasionally I'll hear Louie cry and find that Demon has him pinned down to the floor. The butthead. I verbally correct Demon and they are off playing again. It's getting harder to supervise them 100% since now they are in and out of rooms.. under the couch and furniture. I spend most of the time wandering around looking for them now. LOL

RaYne
October 3rd, 2008, 11:00 AM
I forgot to update this post.

Demon is still being a pain with Louie. BUT I had no choice but to seperate them for the time being. Louie has diarrhea. Diarrhea and a long haired white kitty equals mess. :yuck:

Demon had an appointment for a checkup on October 1st, so I took Louie along to get checked again/dewormed and finally recieve his first vaccination since he's no longer sneezing and his eyes are not running anymore. His bowel movements are beginning to firm up a bit now.. but I'm 'trying' to get a stool sample just to be sure. I'm paranoid the Coccidia is back.. :yell:

Demons congestion is just about gone so I should be able to neuter him in the next 3-4 weeks. :fingerscr By the looks of it his loud breathing may be permanent scarring. :sad: I guess we will know more once the congestion is 100% gone.

Love4himies
October 3rd, 2008, 11:11 AM
Yup, I know about himies and diarrhea :laughing: I just end up cutting out her "dirtied fur". Since changing her food to Wellness grain free there have been no incidences.

So do we get to see more pics :D PLEASE

spike's mama
October 4th, 2008, 09:04 AM
:lovestruck:absolutely ADORABLE!!!!!!!

Tundra_Queen
October 4th, 2008, 10:23 AM
They are soooooo cute!!

otter
October 4th, 2008, 01:24 PM
So much cuteness!:cloud9:
and what wonderful pictures you have :thumbs up

I hope the health issues continue to work themselves out. Such a shame to have such beautiful creatures not feeling up to par :fingerscr