Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

My parents have just adopted a kitten

clm
September 21st, 2008, 07:08 PM
A few weeks ago, my parents neighbour a few doors down, found a kitten on a sidewalk on a busy street. Picks up this kitten and brings it home. Now this guy has 2 dogs who've never been inside the house, 2 very small children, one of which has asthma, so they won't allow any animals inside the house. :frustrated:
So this poor little kitten, who'se terrified of the little kids anyway, finds it's way down to my parents house and starts eating the food they put out for their strays and sleeping in one of the cat houses they have out there. It really is the cutest little thing. Doesn't look more than 3 months old to me.
Anyway, last week mom calls me and says, do you want another kitten. I laughed, no way can I take in another cat without DH killing me. Mom says their cat doesn't like the kitten, so she wants to find another home for it. I told her that her cat will get used to it, just to give it a little time. Well, the little monkey must have won her heart because she's set up a room for him to sleep in at night so she doesn't have to worry about it getting into trouble with her other cat and she's taking it to the vet on Thursday for it's shots and to make an appointment to get it neutered/spayed. :D Her other cat is starting to get used to it now, still growls at it once in a while, but for the most part is tolerating it well.

Cindy

luckypenny
September 21st, 2008, 07:59 PM
So, is this a sort of introduction to the kitty? With no pictures :frustrated: ? You should know better clm :p .

That's way too sweet of your parents :angel: to take in this little fellow.

Do they have a camera :rolleyes: ? Better yet, a camera and a computer :D?

Frenchy
September 21st, 2008, 08:12 PM
That is so sweet of your parents ! :cloud9:

rainbow
September 21st, 2008, 08:21 PM
Many thanks to your parents for taking this wee one in. :angel: :grouphug:

I agree with luckypenny ......how could you possibly post a story like this with no pics included. :frustrated: You know we always want pics. :yell:

kathryn
September 21st, 2008, 08:31 PM
You're not allowed to post again unless the post includes pictures of the little guy :crazy:

That's sort of how I ended up with Maxwell... little guy all by himself brought him to my yard and ended up adopting him... so tell your parents to be prepared for all the love this little guy is going to have for them!!

14+kitties
September 21st, 2008, 10:16 PM
That is so sweet! Thank your parents please. They deserve a huge hug! :highfive:

TeriM
September 22nd, 2008, 01:42 AM
Great for your parents but gotta agree with the others that we need pics to go with the story :D.

clm
September 22nd, 2008, 06:48 AM
I'll try to remember to take the camera down to their place next time I go....no promises, I have a hard time remembering my own name lately. :laughing:

Cindy

Love4himies
September 22nd, 2008, 07:02 AM
The kitten is in a better home now, your parents are sweet for taking in this little sweetie.

Now the wait for pictures :D

rainbow
September 22nd, 2008, 02:00 PM
clm, c'mon now....you know we'll keep bugging you until we get them. :D

ancientgirl
September 22nd, 2008, 03:36 PM
Yay for your parents, and the little kitten who found a new home.

Love4himies
September 23rd, 2008, 08:44 AM
Pics?????? :D

clm
September 23rd, 2008, 02:24 PM
Pics?????? :D

:laughing::laughing: Patience Grasshopper. :laughing::laughing:

Friday, I'll be going to their place on Friday.

Cindy

rainbow
September 23rd, 2008, 02:30 PM
I've made a note on my calendar. :D

Love4himies
September 24th, 2008, 08:05 AM
Thank you.

chico2
September 24th, 2008, 08:11 AM
So now we now where your compassion comes from:lovestruck:
We'll be waiting,hmmmm,today is only Wednesday..
In the meantime we would like some more pics of the two fluff-balls;)