Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Poor Fate

chico2
September 21st, 2008, 04:55 PM
Fates owner,James told us Fate attacked a little Skunk last night,she got sprayed in the eyes and all over.
When they realized something was wrong,they found Fate all bloodied,but it was the poor little skunks blood:sad:
Fate was going crazy with the spray in her beautiful blue eyes but eventually had calmed down.
The owner said the Skunk most certainly was fatally wounded and had crawled towards our backyard,I looked in our and Baileys backyard,found nothing,but there was blood on the street:sad:
The owner then went to the Mississauga Emergency hospital,bought some deskunking shampoo and also something for Fates eyes.
So far Fate has had 4 baths and she is very,very unhappy:sad:
I think the owner has learned to go outside and check for critters before they let Fate out in the yard at night.
I feel really sorry for Fate,but even more so for the little skunk,probably went somewhere to die.
and yes,Fate has had her rabies-shot..

krdahmer
September 21st, 2008, 04:57 PM
Oh no! Poor Fate... and more over poor little Skunk! :sad::candle: Hopefully it made it back to it's home to die in peace.:rip:

Winston
September 21st, 2008, 05:04 PM
Chico if Fate still smells you could tell them to try toothpaste! Thats what my BIL was told when he took his Golden in to the groomer for the same thing...They said they used 8 tubes of toothpaste!

Poor Fate

Rip Little Skunk!

chico2
September 21st, 2008, 05:18 PM
I actually did not smell much on Fate and she was all over me,she has a lot of gunk coming out of her eyes though,hope she'll be ok:fingerscr
I said to the owner I could get some deskunking advice from the Forum,but he thought one more bath would do it.
The problem is the house really stinks.
His GF took the baby and slept at a friends house..
Yes,poor little skunk,they really are harmless,if you leave them alone..

hazelrunpack
September 21st, 2008, 06:31 PM
Getting the smell out of the house is going to take some time, I'm afraid. The stuff just lingers... :o At least it's still nice enough outside for him to keep the windows open a lot!

I hope her eyes will be okay! Do the drops seem to be helping the irritation? :fingerscr

rainbow
September 21st, 2008, 06:53 PM
Awwww.....poor Fate. :sad: :grouphug: Her eyes must be so sore :sad: ....I hope she recovers quickly. :fingerscr :goodvibes:

I have read elsewhere that a product called BioWorld Odor Neutralizer works great on skunk odor in the house. Here is the link:

http://www.adbio.com/pet/skunked.htm

breeze
September 21st, 2008, 07:31 PM
I hope Fates eyes get better soon..

I know here with all the construction going on..there are so many skunks roaming around..

chico2
September 22nd, 2008, 07:35 AM
Thank's Rainbow,I printed that out for him.
I told him(the owner)to open all his windows,but he thinks that will make it worse:shrug:
He is not allowed to use anything perfumy in the house,because of the baby,not even aftershave:shrug:
I think Fate spent the night in the garage..
I actually dreamt my cats found the dead skunk and were eating it,weird:frustrated:

Love4himies
September 22nd, 2008, 07:42 AM
Awww poor Fate and Skunk. :sad:

rainbow
September 22nd, 2008, 01:58 PM
He won't open the windows??? :eek: OMG how can they stand the smell? :eek:

ancientgirl
September 22nd, 2008, 03:34 PM
Poor little skunk. I hope he/she didn't suffer for too long :sad:

And poor Fate. I hope she'll be okay. Man, what's the harm in letting her sleep inside at night for crying out loud.:frustrated:

chico2
September 22nd, 2008, 04:42 PM
AG,she sleeps with them every night,it's only last night she was in the garage,today she does not smell at all and after 4 baths is very,very white and clean:lovestruck:
James is one of those people that does not take advice from anyone,he thinks he knows it all and that's ok,he'll learn from experience:shrug:

rainbow
September 22nd, 2008, 04:52 PM
James is one of those people that does not take advice from anyone,he thinks he knows it all and that's ok,he'll learn from experience:shrug:

So, what did he say about the print out you gave him? :o

chico2
September 22nd, 2008, 05:04 PM
rainbow,I have not seen him yet today,he's working,I only visited Fate,her eyes seem fine:thumbs up

rainbow
September 22nd, 2008, 05:07 PM
I'm so glad to hear that. :thumbs up It must have been pretty painful for her. :grouphug:

ancientgirl
September 22nd, 2008, 07:09 PM
Ah okay, I'd hate to think the poor girl slept outside all night.

aslan
September 22nd, 2008, 07:45 PM
aaaaaw poor fate, bet she won't do that again. :rip: little baby skunk

rainbow
September 22nd, 2008, 08:03 PM
aaaaaw poor fate, bet she won't do that again.

Knowing huskies.....I wouldn't bet any money on that one.

14+kitties
September 22nd, 2008, 10:47 PM
I'm glad Fate is doing better. :thumbs up
So sorry for the little skunk though. :rip: little fella.

chico2
September 23rd, 2008, 07:29 AM
AG,don't worry,they would never let Fate sleep outside,the night of the skunk incident,she slept in the garage,but that was the only time.

Since we have known Bailey,she has gotten skunked 3 times,so I don't believe dogs learn their lesson:laughing:now cats on the other hand,a lot smarter:laughing: