Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Hello there

panchosowner
September 21st, 2008, 02:12 PM
Just wanted to say hello and I am happy that there is a place here for pet owners:-)

I just got a 9 week old Chi Puppy last Sunday and he recently got his first set of shots at the vet a few days ago.

For health reasons - I was checking online and I want to make sure - is it ok to take him outside and go in the car to pick up my husband - since I didn't want to leave him alone by himself? I don't want my puppy to get sick if I know by bringing him outside will cause this!

I was reading that they need to have all their shots done before they can go outside?

Please help me - since I am supposed to pick up my husband at work in a few hours.

Thanks!!!:confused:

hazelrunpack
September 21st, 2008, 06:02 PM
If he doesn't come in contact with any other dogs, taking him in the car is likely safe, even if he doesn't have all his shots.

The main problem would be if he was exposed to something from another dog--and you never know if a dog has been properly vaccinated unless it's your dog--so to play it safe, the general recommendation is to keep puppies at home until fully vaccinated.

So if he's staying in the car, he'd probably be safe! :thumbs up

hazelrunpack
September 21st, 2008, 06:03 PM
Oh, and where are my manners!? :o

Welcome to the board. :D

Got any pics of your new pup that you'd be willing to share with us? :fingerscr

LavenderRott
September 21st, 2008, 06:22 PM
He can go outside - you just have to be careful. Don't take him to places that are stomping grounds for dogs you don't know - dog parks, pet shops, places like that.

Don't be afraid to leave him alone, however. You don't want him to develop seperation anxiety.

Tundra_Queen
September 22nd, 2008, 01:25 PM
Hi there!

Welcome to the Board! it's a great place to learn all about the furkids in our lives. :)