Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Must be fall, it starts again :S

erykah1310
September 21st, 2008, 10:11 AM
People never cease to amaze or frustrate me.
Yesterday evening Iwas outside letting a little Boxer Pup that I am watching for the next couple of days do her buisness and I could hear this cat SCREAMING in the bushes across the road a ways.
I scooped up the pup and walked towards the sound.
Everytime I would talk the screams would get louder and more intense. I didn't want to head into the bush with the small pup (or alone for that matter due to bears, coyotes and so on)
Standing roadside I made the universal kitty calling chirpy noise to get a better idea exactly where the cries were coming from...
I could see something moving towards me in the bushes, it was the kitten.
The sweetest most cuddly little orange tabby came RUNNING towards me purring and screaming all at the same time.
I bent down and picked him up and walked him to the house.
Immediately ( as the rule for all strays and drops offs) I placed him in the bathroom, and got him in a flea bath. (just incase)

I can't believe people, why would you think dropping off a little kitten in the bush is a good thing? Adult cats have a hard time surviving in the wild around here due to the predators they have and we have many. Why do it to a kitten
anyways the little guy is safe and sound here for now, try to get him into a vet for an overall health check ( but he seems perfectly fine) and set up a neuter date for him soon. Hopefully a cuddly boy like him will find a home quickly.
I took a few pics, I'm working on uploading them now to show you all how friggen adorable this little guy is.
I'll post them shortly.

babymomma
September 21st, 2008, 10:14 AM
:wall::wall::wall::wall: I hate the human race! :loser:

The poor kitty, Its pretty obvious he isnt feral!!! URRRGGGGGH PEOPLE SUCK.. (NO AFFENSE ANYBODY, EVERYBODY HERE IS AN AMAZING INDEVIDUAL)

erykah1310
September 21st, 2008, 10:20 AM
Here's some pictures of him. I mean isn't this the cutest kitten in the world. And he is far and I mean FAR from feral. Definately a house kitten, probably never been outside until the "ride of doom" :wall:
http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/dd301/z28gurl_2007/ki2.jpg

http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/dd301/z28gurl_2007/ki1.jpg

babymomma
September 21st, 2008, 10:28 AM
This is heartbreaking.. Im not sure if the tears in my eyes are of Anger or From the sadness of thinking somebody could do this to the poor thing,or maybe both.. but my God.. I guess what the eyes dont see the heart dont feel.. They didnt have to see this guy suffer or hear is desperate plea for help so they didnt r eally feel bad.:wall:

I truly Pitty people like the ones that dumped him off, Because people like that abviously has never felt the joy an animal can really bring.. Poor Bast*rds (pardon my french)

14+kitties
September 21st, 2008, 10:31 AM
Oh how I wish I was closer. I think I would have a home for him. There is a customer in the store I work in that is looking for an orange kitten.

It is so sad that people can just get rid of a kitten/cat like that and not spare it a second thought. They are all :loser:s of the A**hole kind!!! I don't know how/what can be done so people will stop dumping their unwanteds! I guess they don't bother to stop and think about the possibility of coyotes, wolves, foxes, hawks, etc. They just figure the kitten/cat will "find a farm".

He is adorable! Thank you for helping him out! :angel:

erykah1310
September 21st, 2008, 11:09 AM
There was a huge write up from some farmer in the West Nippising area ( its a local little paper we get delivered once a month) it was entitled, "No such thing as a free pet" and they wrote on and on about how they are so tired of people running their pups and kittens out to the country assuming that farmers will take them. Farmers have enough expenses and few of them are wealthy enough to take on extra expenses from people "finding good homes" for their pets by dropping them off.
I mean seriously, the $150 that this little guy is now going to cost for a neuter and vet check really could go somewhere else around here desperately, but priorities right... some of us have them.
This little guy is really young, his little furry bits aren't descended yet, but the day they drop he's going in for a premature neuter. I know many people don't agree with them, but the younger and cuter a cat is, the higher the adoption sucess rate is.

The guy that my man works with recently lost his cat in a seperation and is distraught about the ex taking him. Guy is going to talk to him to see if he is interested as he has been talking about nothing else for the past 2 weeks than his cat and how hard it will be to find another one like him. Lets hope he likes this little guy and feels he can do the job. *fingerscrossed*
Either way, he's not going anywhere until neutered, I just don't trust anyone with intact animals anymore.

Tundra_Queen
September 21st, 2008, 10:15 PM
He is so adorable!! I'm so glad that u found him before something happened to him. I'm glad tha he had u for his guardian angel!

Hope u can find a nice loving home for the little guy. West Nipissing? Where are u located?

Debbie

erykah1310
September 22nd, 2008, 05:03 PM
Behind Verner and Warren ( if that makes any sense lol)