Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

6th sense in cats?

sunmamma
September 20th, 2008, 08:23 PM
Hi everyone: I posted yesterday telling you all how my little kitty (adopted from a shelter), died after 8 days home with us. I have two older cats and they would not go near this guy. They hissed and spat at him. Today we came home with a new kitty from a shelter and they seem very indifferent to him. They are not bothered in the least by him. We don't know the cause of death in my first kitty but the vet said it was likely a virus. Do you think my older cats could sense he was sick and that's why they reacted so badly towards him?
Sebrina

ashtoreth
September 20th, 2008, 08:29 PM
can be, pets are weird sometime

I have the feeling my puppy can smell hypoglycemia o.0

my boyfriend is diabetic and when he has very low blood sugar, our puppy -always- sits in front of him and lick his hands. Maybe its because he smells it, or that he sees me worry, either way, he knows o.0

and a few months ago I had a pet rat who had to be put down because of a tumor, she always been friendly, but she never slept on me or been really cudly, but when i got her at the vet, she was all sweet and loving, like she knew... Either "thanks mom, im tired of the pain" or something else, but she really seemed happy, like she knew her pain would stop...

Pets are weird ;)

oh, as for cats

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-470906/Grim-rea-purr-The-cat-predict-death.html
Oscar can know when someone will die o.0

Love4himies
September 21st, 2008, 09:46 AM
Oh, yes, they can tell when one is sick. My Puddles, who grew up with Snowball and was her best friend, hissed at Snowball everytime she walked by him when he was dying with cancer, broke my heart :sad:

ancientgirl
September 21st, 2008, 02:14 PM
Oh, yes, they can tell when one is sick. My Puddles, who grew up with Snowball and was her best friend, hissed at Snowball everytime she walked by him when he was dying with cancer, broke my heart :sad:

That's so sad. :sad:

BenMax
September 22nd, 2008, 12:26 PM
They absolutely do sense these things. I had a lab and a X pit/shep for years together. When the lab was ill with cancer, the shep would constantly try to attack him. It is the way of the wild as I was told.