Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Help King just got burnt by tea

King
September 20th, 2008, 03:01 PM
I have a guest over and she put her tea on the coffee table king jumped up and hit it and got hot tea all over his back paw up his side I put a cold cloth on him right away. He whines now and then but he won't keep the cold cloth on.... what else can I do for him...

krdahmer
September 20th, 2008, 03:11 PM
Are there visable burns on the skin? If there are I would call and check with a vet right away (or if he keeps whining if you touch it). If it's just a bit pink or reddish, I do that all the time, spill tea on my hands, it smarts for a bit but usually goes away in a short while. Poor little guy... hope he's ok! :goodvibes:

King
September 20th, 2008, 03:51 PM
I touch the area which was sensitive right now he is laying on ground right under my feet I put the cold cloth over the area waiting for it to settle (if that is the right word), so I can take a better look. He's not whinning anymore.....I guess that's a good sign, but he is favoring it when he walks.....

badger
September 20th, 2008, 06:56 PM
White vinegar is good for getting rid of the sting (as long as the skin isn't blistered or broken, in which case off to the vet). If you load up the cloth with white vinegar and then gently squeeze it over the affected area so it penetrates her coat and reaches the skin, it will give her a little relief. Messy!

rainbow
September 20th, 2008, 08:01 PM
Poor King. :sad: :grouphug:

I agree with Badger.....good luck and please keep us updated. :fingerscr :goodvibes:

Extra hugs for King. :grouphug:

King
September 20th, 2008, 08:34 PM
King seems fine he is jumping around like he would normally do. I can touch the area and he doesn't resist or fidget anymore. Thank you for the ideas....

rainbow
September 21st, 2008, 01:04 AM
Glad King is okay :thumbs up but he still needs an extra hug from me. :grouphug: