Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Help Please

mastifflover
September 19th, 2008, 09:12 AM
Well I am in a really tight spot, I have found an apartment for Oct. 1st. My neighbour was looking after Clark (American Bulldog) but my ex-landlord is being a jerk and told him the dog goes or he does. I need someone to take Clark till the first if possible, I really cannot afford to board him and really do not want him in a cage for that period of time. I am open to any suggestions. He is not great with other dogs he is very sweet with people. I am not sure about kids but would say no. I am just being honest. He has a huge crate and food and toys. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

BenMax
September 19th, 2008, 09:21 AM
Geez tough spot. Maybe ask the American Bulldog Rescue in Ontario if they can help if you are at a stalemate.

badger
September 19th, 2008, 09:24 AM
Horray for the apartment.
I don't know how it is in Toronto but in Montreal you cannot evict someone that quickly, it goes to the rental board and even if the decision goes against the offending tenant, the landlord still has to give 30 days notice. By that time the dog will be long gone.
On the other hand, it's likely to make things ugly between your ex-neighbour and the landlord, not pleasant; I always stay waaay on the right side of my landlord, for obvious reasons (but he'd still have to give me 30 days notice :laughing:)

NoahGrey
September 19th, 2008, 09:29 AM
Are you getting out of your lease early? If so, you landlord can't tell you to get rid of the dog. Do you have it you lease that you have pets and how many. Most leases vairy if the tenant has a pet and how many.

So if this is the case..he can't do that.

Now, If you are getting evicted..you have to be out by the evict date or they can pretty much throw you out.

ACO22

aslan
September 19th, 2008, 09:32 AM
hey mastifflover, god i wish we could help, clark would love to clean grace's face again i'm sure, unfortunately we're at the max here. And Badger and ACO are right, your landlord CAN'T make you leave early, can't make clarke leave early, even if he has given you notice, you can refuse to leave before the end of the month, then he has to go to landlord tenant court, get an order, then to the sheriff, etc, etc, no way he'll get that before sometime in nov. lol. tell him to piss off and you'll be out at the end of the month.

mastifflover
September 19th, 2008, 09:53 AM
I am out of there and I feel bad that he is doing this to my neighbour (Matt) who offered to take care of Clark because he adores him. The landlord was saying he barks all day I just spoke with my other neighbour and she says he is not barking all day. So he is just being an a$$ because Clark is mine. Aslan Clark would love to be giving facials all day to Grace but I know you guys are maxed out

aslan
September 19th, 2008, 09:54 AM
i'm asking around to a couple of friends, waiting for them to respond, i'll let you know when i can.:sad:

mastifflover
September 19th, 2008, 10:07 AM
Thank You so much I am going to pm you my phone number

aslan
September 19th, 2008, 11:18 AM
:sad: i've heard back from 2 out of 3 and unfortunately they can't help right now, i'm so sorry. If worse comes to worse, how about boarding him, it's what roughly a week.

mastifflover
September 19th, 2008, 11:44 AM
I would board but it is really expensive 35-40 a day which is more than I can afford at this time with moving and everything else. I am still hoping for a miracle or a lottery win but not counting on them. If anyone knows a good facility let me know thanks

Chris21711
September 19th, 2008, 12:04 PM
Mastifflover - I know you are in TO, there is a facility not far from where I live www.roverdale.com their rates show that it is $20 per day. Don't know if you drive though, if it were a possibility I would go and check on Clark for you on a regular basis, no problem. Wish I could help you more..

They also say that they pick-up and deliver, I know the place, just don't know their reputation, they are new owners. Could check it out for you.

mastifflover
September 19th, 2008, 12:20 PM
That would be great if you could check it out for me I appreciate everyones help. That rate is not bad I can beg borrow and steal to get the money together. I will pm you my number

babymomma
September 19th, 2008, 01:53 PM
$20 a day! whoa.. Around here its $8 per day..and 30 dollars a week!

Diamondsmum
September 19th, 2008, 02:28 PM
WOW chris That is near us too (were in Sutton) I wonder where exactly it is
hmm book marked it

:)

mastifflover
September 19th, 2008, 03:22 PM
Most of the places I saw were between 35-40 a day That is ridiculous. 10 days is almost half my rent.

Chris21711
September 19th, 2008, 07:42 PM
WOW chris That is near us too (were in Sutton) I wonder where exactly it is
hmm book marked it

It is East of Hwy 48 on Ravenshoe Road, a little ways in on the north side. I live just south of the Shoe and a bit west of Hwy 48. Hi Neighbour :laughing:

There is also good place on the Queensway in Keswick, they are individual pet cottages, a friend of mine has used them several times and she said that they are great. Unfortunately they are closed for Cottage Maintenance until the end of the month.

mastifflover
September 19th, 2008, 08:39 PM
Well I have made some arrangements for the weekend and probably boarding on Monday unless I come up with something else. I really want to avoid boarding for too long. My poor boy is very stressed with all that is going on around him moving. Plus he probably thinks I have deserted him, I hope he doesn't hate me. But I am taking up north for a couple of days so maybe he will forgive me.

Diamondsmum
September 19th, 2008, 08:52 PM
I know the Pet Cottage place We used to board Duke there. but due to the usual short notice (Baseball Tournys) we could never or hardly ever get it.

:offtopic: Sorry