Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

The house is in an uproar!

badger
September 18th, 2008, 09:01 AM
This little guy was sitting at the top of the inside stairs (there is a flight of stairs that comes up from the street and then another to my door) at 2 o'clock this morning. Where did he come from? How did he find me, or did someone dump him there? Many questions...

The cats are horrified by his antics. When Mousse tried to bat him away with a tiny declawed paw, instead of going quietly he leapt on his back and rode him to the next room! The others lined up at the door, desperate to go outside :laughing: He's a bomb!

Someone has cut his whiskers :frustrated: and he smells of perfume. I'll try to find the owner - he is very healthy, with a nice little tummy - probably an escapee.

Love4himies
September 18th, 2008, 09:15 AM
:laughing::laughing: Little kitties can be horrifying :rolleyes:, just have to ask Puddles she is terrified of kittens:D

hazelrunpack
September 18th, 2008, 11:29 AM
http://foolstown.com/sm/obm.gif Oh, the HORROR of it all!!! :eek:

That's terrifying!!!! :eek:

:laughing:

I sincerely hope that he wasn't just dumped :sad: and you can find the little fella's home! :goodvibes: What a sweetie! :cloud9:

Frenchy
September 18th, 2008, 12:10 PM
When Mousse tried to bat him away with a tiny declawed paw, instead of going quietly he leapt on his back and rode him to the next room!

:laughing: poor Mousse :yell:

this little guy seems :evil:

BenMax
September 18th, 2008, 12:22 PM
If someone cut his whiskers and is using a product on him - I would not be trying to find the owners. I bet that wherever he came from - there are kids in that household that are not animal savvy.

Just my thoughts.

Beautiful little guy though!

14+kitties
September 18th, 2008, 12:39 PM
What a cutie pie he is! I love little kitties antics. So much fun!! :cloud9:

happycats
September 18th, 2008, 12:55 PM
Awwww what a cutie!!!

I know cutting whiskers is bad, but I remember I went through a "cutting" stage as a child, and not only cut all my Barbies hair, but the cats whiskers and my own as well:o
Don't get me wrong, I loved our cats, and would never hurt them, but she was just sitting in the wrong place at the wrong time (while I was cutting my own hair) so I thought I would "pretty" her up as well!!
I did get in BIG trouble.

Just becuase it's whiskers a cut, doesn't mean it's not loved.

:laughing: at poor mousse :laughing:

ancientgirl
September 18th, 2008, 01:16 PM
What a little doll! I have to agree with BenMax though. Sounds like the little guy belongs to a child who hasn't been taught you don't cute kitties whiskers or put perfume on them.

Love4himies
September 18th, 2008, 01:19 PM
It may not be a child, I have found on some of my foster kittens it looks like their whiskers have been cut, but have no idea how it happened. No kids in this house. I thought maybe it was new whiskers growing in :shrug:

BenMax
September 18th, 2008, 01:59 PM
Awwww what a cutie!!!

I know cutting whiskers is bad, but I remember I went through a "cutting" stage as a child, and not only cut all my Barbies hair, but the cats whiskers and my own as well:o
Don't get me wrong, I loved our cats, and would never hurt them, but she was just sitting in the wrong place at the wrong time (while I was cutting my own hair) so I thought I would "pretty" her up as well!!
I did get in BIG trouble.

Just becuase it's whiskers a cut, doesn't mean it's not loved.

:laughing: at poor mousse :laughing:

Ok so maybe I am more biaachy than most but if the kitten was loved it would not have cut whiskers, smelling like yesterday's street walker and out all by herself.....I don't know - maybe I am too hard.

Tundra_Queen
September 18th, 2008, 02:03 PM
Rode it into the next room? That just cracked me up! ROTFLMBO..too funny!:laughing::laughing:

badger
September 18th, 2008, 02:21 PM
I would not be trying to find the owners
Jeez, I'm approaching 15 cats, they don't always get along and cost me a fortune in food. Wanna take him off my hands? LOL.

BenMax
September 18th, 2008, 02:36 PM
Jeez, I'm approaching 15 cats, they don't always get along and cost me a fortune in food. Wanna take him off my hands? LOL.

I know put my money where my mouth is! Sorry Badger - I have enough animals in my home there is no room for me.... I hear you though.

krdahmer
September 18th, 2008, 03:43 PM
Aw what a wiley little cutie! :lovestruck:

When you find his home, if the parents haven't already, you can always explain why it's not nice to cut a cat's whiskers.... I've always found that kids listen more to strangers than their own parents in situations like that. I always make sure that I explain things like that to them very factually, and I know in some cases definitely made a difference when I heard them retelling what I said to them to their friends about my feral bunch at the apartment complex.

badger
September 18th, 2008, 04:07 PM
Looks like he might belong to some people nearby, I was praying it wasn't them; they let another kitten wander last month and never found him, then went out and got another. The mother just told me in the street that she has three (neglected) children who leave doors open and the cats wander. If it turns out to be true - they are just going to check - I'm going to tell them that next time he lands on my doorstep at 2 am, I plan to keep him and call the SPCA. No doubt it will lead to threats, tirades, accusations of kidnap, etc but to hell with it. If people aren't responsible, I'm ready to call them on it. Just waiting for the call. Damn.

krdahmer
September 18th, 2008, 04:12 PM
Oh no, sounds a lot like the neighbours I had to take Buddy and Asker from.... mother didn't care (high most of the time), kids were wild monsters, poor cats suffered (one that I helped rescue Tom was hit on the highway nearby :sad::rip:... that was the last straw for me). Sometimes it is just better in those cases to call, call everyone, HS/SPCA, child services etc, even if nothing gets done, at least they know someone is watching.

rainbow
September 18th, 2008, 04:16 PM
Couldn't you tell the :loser: owner that the little guy escaped? If you don't have the room for him or want him tormenting your kitties :evil: the spca shouldn't have trouble finding a home for the cute little guy since everyone always wants the kittens to adopt. :shrug:

ancientgirl
September 18th, 2008, 04:17 PM
If you don't even have time for your kids, why get a pet? :loser:

diandpat
September 18th, 2008, 04:24 PM
If it turns out to be true - they are just going to check -

The kitten has been missing since at least 2 a.m. and she has to check if it's gone or she is going to check if the one you have is hers???? She doesn't know where her kitten is???? :wall::wall::wall:

happycats
September 18th, 2008, 04:30 PM
If you don't even have time for your kids, why get a pet? :loser:

They get a pet or pets to keep the kids entertained so they don't have too!! :wall:
I know someone who used to get pets for that very reason, she did not want the kids "bugging" her so she got cats, rabbits, hamsters, and a dogs, so the kids would spend all their time tormenting the animals and eachother, so she could sit on her lazy butt all day!! Really!!! If the kids asked her for anything she would tell them to go play with the cats, or dog!! !:frustrated:

happycats
September 18th, 2008, 04:32 PM
Couldn't you tell the :loser: owner that the little guy escaped? If you don't have the room for him or want him tormenting your kitties :evil: the spca shouldn't have trouble finding a home for the cute little guy since everyone always wants the kittens to adopt. :shrug:

Problem with that is, this stupid person will probably replace the cat in a couple of days, you know the kids need a play thing !!!:frustrated:

badger
September 18th, 2008, 07:27 PM
Change of plan -
I don't want to blow this up too much, particularly for the kids' sake; there are two barely tamed young boys and one girl, who is the animal lover. And she's just a kid, maybe thirteen, extremely thin and tall and pretty in a starved kind of way; her name is Tatiana. I was going to read the riot act to the mother but really, why, it isn't going to change anything, what if she takes it out on the kids? The cat will not be neutered and may well go missing again and there is nothing anyone can do, speaking practically. I am going to buy him a little collar and write their phone number on it in indelible ink, it's the only practical thing I can think of.

The funny thing is, Tatiana has apparently gone away for the weekend so she hasn't called me and I'm likely stuck with the kitten until Sunday. The mother knows the kitten is gone, my number is on the poster right in front of her house, but she hasn't called. Speaks volumes, eh?

Some things just can't be fixed.

Frenchy
September 18th, 2008, 08:53 PM
Problem with that is, this stupid person will probably replace the cat in a couple of days, you know the kids need a play thing !!!:frustrated:

I was thinking the same ... :wall:

Good luck Badger :goodvibes:

growler~GateKeeper
September 19th, 2008, 02:38 AM
Awww he is adorable :lovestruck:

:goodvibes: for the little guy I hate to think of him in that kinda house :sad:

hazelrunpack
September 19th, 2008, 10:38 AM
Think you could sit down with Tatiana and give her a few tips on kitten-care, badger? Maybe show her yours and form a little bit of a friendship? Maybe she'd be receptive. :shrug: 13 is old enough to learn responsibility.

Guinness' mom
September 19th, 2008, 11:56 AM
I'm torn between laughing at the cute story of the kitten causing havic in your home to being pissed off (is pissed off an ok work on here?lol) at the stupidity of ppl that get pets but either have no clue or just don't care about looking after them properly. I have to admit that when I was about 9 or 10, I thought my beloved dog Charlie (a Lasa Apso) needed a bit of a haircut around his eyes :o :eek: So I proceed to cut his fur...was not very pretty when I was done and my mom was not very impressed. Boy did I get in trouble she had to bring him to a groomer to fix him up :shrug: But atleast I had parents to direct me on proper animal care. So I'm sure if you have a chat with the girl she will only get better.:fingerscr It just sounds like she really have no one to teach or guide her.
Keep us updated for sure

badger
October 3rd, 2008, 02:44 PM
This is breaking my heart.
Update: Tatiana came and picked up the kitten on the Saturday (she hadn't gone away at all, something screwy there, but I did get that information second-hand from my neighbour's daughter, who is her BFF). When I brought up the idea of a collar, she had no response, just a blank stare. I swear these people are aliens or perhaps just missing an essential nutrient in their diet :laughing:. She did say thank you almost under her breath as they were leaving.
I ran into them again next day, looking - you guessed it - for 'Gizmo'. She called out: if you see him, don't take him!
I have obeyed her. I've got so much on my plate right now that I must turn away a tiny kitten.
So Gizmo is afoot in the alley day and night and has even managed to make his way around to the front, beside a busy, crazy, three-lane one-way street leading to Jacques Cartier Bridge.
For the past two days he has literally been living on my back porch and of course I have been feeding him. He hangs with three other half-owned cats, one of which I actually consider mine (tossed aside by a small-time drug dealer up the road) and the others belong to my two neighbours, who to avoid the tedious details, do not share my philosophy on the care and feeding of domestic pets. One's a sad alcoholic who can barely keep it together, so I suppose I should cut him a little slack.
So I have four 'tramps' who hang around, cleaning out the larder. Talk about Grand Central Station.
I'm just waiting for Tatiana to lollygag up the staircase tomorrow, grab her kitten and leave without a backward glance. Or maybe accuse me of 'enticing' him with food.
I'm waiting to find him on the road with his brains dashed :sad:.

ancientgirl
October 3rd, 2008, 02:51 PM
Badger, I have no idea what people like that use for brains. How anyone can abandon a living, breathing, feeling creature is beyond me.:sad:

phoozles
October 3rd, 2008, 03:49 PM
Poor Gizmo :sad:
At least he has you there to care for him, and all the others.

hdme
October 3rd, 2008, 04:15 PM
I'm so sorry you're having to deal with this. I hope you can influence the 13 yr old and show her how to take care of that cute little kitten. We found a very tiny kitten outside of our door one night. Turns out he was just 9 weeks old. A couple of months after taking him to the shelter, we found out that the owners lived in our complex and their idea of having a cat was having an outdoor cat. They opened the door and let him go out by himself and unfortunately (more like fortunately), he was too young to find his way back to their townhouse. They had just lost their last cat and were replacing him with this kitten. Obviously, they didn't learn from their experience with the first cat. It's so sad how people claim to love animals enough to want them in their lives, but not enough to really take care of them and love them.

Dog Dancer
October 3rd, 2008, 04:37 PM
Badger, next time I found Gizmo on my doorstep I'd make him disappear. Deny it to the end of the earth to the girl. You're right, he'll end up as roadkill at this rate. I'd do it even if they do go get another one. You'll likely get the opportunity to do the same for the next. Some people, I just don't get it... At least right now they have you to count on. How will they cope with winter though?

chico2
October 3rd, 2008, 05:25 PM
OMG Badger,I would probably make the kitten be"lost'and bring him to SPCA,better that than getting squished by a car.
He is so cute he'll probably have no problem getting adopted:fingerscr
It might hurt the little girl(not so little at 13)but she obviously has not learned how to care for a kitten,especially not from her ignorant mom.
The kittens life is what is at stake here..
Thank you for what you do:grouphug:

MommaKat
October 3rd, 2008, 05:37 PM
I would sneak some pamphlets on being good kitty parents in their mailbox at the very least . Otherwise nab da kitty :cat: !

badger
October 3rd, 2008, 06:00 PM
Attempting to 'educate' them would do no good, they are immune, even the children. And basically hostile to any suggestions from the crazy old cat lady down the block.

Frenchy
October 3rd, 2008, 09:14 PM
Hi Badger , check your pm please. :)

Tundra_Queen
October 4th, 2008, 12:09 AM
Badger, this is so sad. I hope you can find a new home for this little guy. *sigh*

MommaKat
October 4th, 2008, 12:30 AM
:grouphug: to you then. There are so many people with this kind of mindset it's depressing :sad: . Please keep us updated on what happens.

badger
November 1st, 2008, 07:56 PM
I don't know why I'm updating this thread, annoyed and a bit nervous (you'll see why).

My rapport with the two kids in question has not evolved. I've spoken with the mother but she did not take my advice well ;). Now if we pass in the street, it is stony silence.

I tried to be practical, given the situation. I told Tatiana and her side-kick, half-brother Jonathan, that if I saw Gizmo after dark I would bring him in, provided they came to get him before they went to bed (they live two doors down). Well, it didn't pan out as I had hoped, they came only sporadically. Once I had him for three days straight. He's an adorable little fellow with a gargantuan appetite (of course, I wonder if they feed him) but my own situation - that is the number of cats occupying such a small place - is becoming a little scary.

Meanwhile, two people separately told me Tatiana has a history of stealing and hostile confrontations with anyone who crosses her. She's an unnerving girl, never engaging with you. Her brother chatters away about everything and nothing, making the contrast all the more noticeable. Maybe she was/is being abused. I am convinced she is anorexic. Guess what: kindness is the minimum she needs and under the circumstances, next to useless.

When she came tonight, I told her that I could not bring Gizmo inside any more because I have too many cats of my own; that from now on, if I saw him in the alley I would be leaving him there. She gave me 'a look', blank but wily, and cast a glance over my crew (who were of course conveniently assembled as if for role-call) and said, 'the city better not find out you have so many cats'.
:eek::eek::eek:
I am not far from imagining that she is capable of reporting me. Of course, any of the neighbours could, but so far so good :fingerscr. Her kitten may well get run over since they live right next to a brutal road. But he's so used to being in our yard that I :pray: he continues to wander in this direction.
I'm in such a ridiculous state, finding a new home for him and then lying about it is frankly impossible; she will not believe me and I will not risk my boys.

Next year, I'm moving to rural BC and believe me, it looks more and more inviting. Coyotes are nothing next to this :laughing:.

I've posted the three males and one female in most desperate need of homes, in the rescue thread. Two of them are living outside but are well-socialized and basically stay in the immediate vicinity. A recent phenomenon: the cats themselves feel crowded and stay away for hours at a time :sad:. Of course they belly up to the food bowl when it's time lol.

So if anyone knows anybody in the Montreal area, etc. I would be so grateful if you would send them the link.

ancientgirl
November 1st, 2008, 08:03 PM
Gee, Tatiana sounds like a charmer.:rolleyes:

What would the authorities do to you? I mean, I don't know the laws over there, but from what I've seen on some of those shows on Animal Planet, there are many people they leave alone as long as the cats are taken care of and the home is clean.

I'd certainly think about moving asap. You don't need neighbors like that.

badger
November 1st, 2008, 08:20 PM
My worst fear is that they would send animal control to pick them up (I think the maximum is 2 ;)). Then they would be goners, every rescue and shelter is packed to the gills.

ancientgirl
November 1st, 2008, 08:58 PM
Hopefully she won't say anything. When are you thinking of moving? Or is it just wishful thinking? It stinks to be somewhere that you can't trust the people living around you.

Tundra_Queen
November 1st, 2008, 09:20 PM
Badger, u are only allowed to have 2 cats? Do u rent? Or is that for everyone in Montreal? I sure wish u could move sooner!!

Houses are cheap where I live, but the winters are long. *S* I know of a house on 50 acres for 45,000 too. *S*

Debbie

ancientgirl
November 1st, 2008, 09:26 PM
A house on 50 acres for 45,000!!!! Man, I wish my credit was better.

badger
November 2nd, 2008, 11:30 AM
My cousin is renting me a house in Niramata which is in a dry area of the province. There is snow but it tends to clear quickly. We'll see! Does anyone know Niramata? I'm going in blind and the devil take the hindmost.

Tundra Queen, that's a helluva price; if I were a few years younger....not that I'm creaky :laughing:

Gizmo returned in the dead of night and of course he came inside. When I throw him out, he just sits on the balcony and waits for the next opportunity. He knows he is safe here. As Cyber used to say, *sigh*.

Frenchy
November 2nd, 2008, 12:03 PM
Badger , are you really thinking about moving to BC ??? :sad:

Also , if the city gets a complaint and won't let you keep the cats , I'll take them in here so they won't have to go to the pound. So don't you worry about that. I could set them up in the solarium (now heated :D) until we find a solution.

ancientgirl
November 2nd, 2008, 12:24 PM
That's a wonderful think for you to offer Frenchy.

rainbow
November 2nd, 2008, 12:25 PM
My cousin is renting me a house in Niramata which is in a dry area of the province. There is snow but it tends to clear quickly. We'll see! Does anyone know Niramata? I'm going in blind and the devil take the hindmost.

Badger, Naramata is in the Okanagan. It's a really small town and I've probably driven through it but must have blinked cuz I don't remember it. :D The whole area is nice through there and Penticton is close by for any major shopping. :thumbs up

http://naramata.travel.bc.ca/

Are you moving soon? Are you driving?

Good luck with your kitties......I hope no one complains before you move. :pray: :fingerscr :goodvibes:

Frenchy
November 2nd, 2008, 12:26 PM
I don't like to ask this but if anyone has any crates to donate , I could use some.

I was thinking , I could take some of Badger's strays in. While I'm at work they could have full use of the solarium , I would only crate them from let's say 6 to 10 pm. That is the only time me and my dogs use the solarium.

Frenchy
November 2nd, 2008, 12:32 PM
That's a wonderful think for you to offer Frenchy.

Badger is such a nice lady and goes out of her way to help all those cats. Heck , she could also move here if she needs a place. My house is old but big enough.

So there Badger , I'm here if you need me. :)

rainbow
November 2nd, 2008, 12:33 PM
That is so kind of you, Frenchy. :angel: :grouphug:

If you can't find crates maybe you could make some kind of an enclosure with chicken wire. :shrug:

Frenchy
November 2nd, 2008, 12:39 PM
If you can't find crates maybe you could make some kind of an enclosure with chicken wire. :shrug:

chicken wire crates ? not sure I would like those , not secure enough , they might hurt themselves in those ?

I'll figure out a way to get some real ones .....

babymomma
November 2nd, 2008, 01:10 PM
Frenchy-what size do you want? Do you want the small crates or the larger wire crates? Because if your realy stuck i can shipm a few up for you!

badger
November 2nd, 2008, 01:13 PM
Frenchy that is so kind of you. I do have two crates, as it happens, a bit small for long-term residence, no room for even a mini-litterbox. But we're not there yet and I'm hoping it won't come to that. I was a bit rattled yesterday, there were more squabbles than usual and I was constantly having to intervene. But today is another day. I'm thinking of taking Gizmo in for vaccs and worming; his appetite is something to see, maybe he has a tapeworm :laughing:

Frenchy
November 2nd, 2008, 01:56 PM
omg I'm so :loser: sometimes :headslap:

I do have Nelly's crate :headslap: it's the biggest model (obviously :D) So I could take at least 2 cats asap if needed. They would only be crated from 6 pm to 10 pm. Other than that they would have the solarium.

Badger , please just tell me when you'll need help. I know winter is coming and you can't take them all in. I really really don't mind this. I don't have any money to help anyone with donations but I do have a large house where ALL the pets are friendly. You don't have to worry about my dogs , Chloe and Bailey ignore them and Nelly love cats. Monsieur le chat and Paddington would get use to any other cats , like they did at your house :thumbs up

14+kitties
November 2nd, 2008, 04:17 PM
Wow! What a crazy situation. This kid sounds like she is going to have major issues in her life. She probably already does. Her mom is a :loser: of the largest magnitude!
Frenchy - you are the bestest for offering to take badger's babies if you need to. The kitties would be fine for a few hours in a large crate. You could even do 4 if you had to to a crate. It wouldn't hurt them for short time periods. Those crates are quite large. They would be comfy.
badger - sounds like a great opportunity for you out in BC. Jobs are in abundance right now from what I have heard. Or is that just in Alberta?

chico2
November 2nd, 2008, 04:49 PM
Badger,I am soo sorry,on top of caring for all your cats,cats you have rescued ,to have to deal with these morons.
It is so sad with cats,sad that they are so easy to get and for so many people easy to dump,or not care.
You seem to live in a place that is pure hell for cats and you,as a cat-lover,rescuer,to see this every day.
I hope you can one day move,sad for all the needy cats,but better for your own sanity.

I once found a kitten in my backyard,a young girl came by said it was her kitten,I gave it back to her,reluctantly.
The next day she came and said I stole her kitten,he was gone again:yell:,she left nasty,threatening notes in my mailbox,to the point I had to call the police.
the policeman talked to her and I never had another note.

Tundra_Queen
November 2nd, 2008, 05:43 PM
Badger, there is also 150 acres that includes a small barn with power. *G* I think that is also around 50,000 but it's in a small community, that's why the cheaper price.

I googled the town and got this:

http://www.britishcolumbia.com/regions/towns/?townID=3435

http://naramata.travel.bc.ca/

http://www.okaccommodations.com/naramata/

http://www.naramatacentre.net/

Hope those help...it does sound wonderful!

Debbie
PS: U do know there are black widow spiders in BC? But we don't have any here... *G*

badger
November 2nd, 2008, 06:34 PM
Thanks everyone. Gee :o
I feel as if I'm gossiping about people I hardly know and who are obviously suffering. I suppose a missing cat is the least of their worries :sad:
But that doesn't mean I won't come out swinging if they give me grief :laughing:

ancientgirl
November 2nd, 2008, 06:56 PM
No, but suggesting that you'll be snitched on if you do something they don't like isn't right either. No one's life is perfect all the time. We have ups and downs, and at either time we should always try to be at our best and not our worst.

badger
January 14th, 2009, 10:59 AM
Tatiana came to my door last night with Gizmo in her arms, saying he was eating less and passing blood. When I touched his tummy, he squealed, but was otherwise very quiet. Off to the vet through the snow (ahead of the big freeze, thank god).

The vet gave him a shot for the nausea - he vomited bile on the table, possibly because of the exam, and was bleeding from his rectum :eek: - and we came away with three different medications.

Turned out this had been going on for at least two weeks. I had taken him to the vet for his first set of vaccs (when he was virtually living with me) and had a reminder for the second set, but of course that will have to be put off for now. The vet raised the possibility of Parvo.....

Poor Gizmo. It's a crazy household, with two pit bulls and two big noisy boys, plus a younger boy, a half-brother, who lives downstairs with his father (don't ask). On top of everything else, the woman is pregnant again by her boyfriend, who lives elsewhere. They are hardly making it as it is! Gizmo was eating dog food until she relented and bought him his own. The dogs have been vaccinated; I guess cats don't rate :sad:

So we came back to my place and drew up a medication schedule; I just hope she can handle it. I told her to keep him quietly in her room, with the door closed. I gave her a can of Wellness (thank you Mila) and today I am going to make him some chicken and rice.

Gizmo stayed in the crate while he was here. When we took him out to walk back to her place, the towel he had been lying on was generously stained with blood :sad:. I immediately took the crate apart and soaked it in a strong bleach solution. Parvo I don't need.

I don't have a good feeling about this. I wish I could have taken him in or left him at the clinic, but it's impossible.

:pray: for Gizmo.

PS My sweet vet only charged me for the meds.

hazelrunpack
January 14th, 2009, 11:08 AM
:sad:

We've got all our :fingerscr and 32 crossed :pawprint:s here for Gizmo, with :pray:s.

:goodvibes: for the little guy.

ancientgirl
January 14th, 2009, 11:10 AM
Poor Gizmo.:sad: I pray the medication will set him straight. :pray:

Mahealani770
January 14th, 2009, 03:05 PM
Our thoughts and prayers are with you, as well as Gizmo, Badger. You're an angel!

chico2
January 14th, 2009, 04:38 PM
Aww Badger,that poor little guy,I keep telling my guys how lucky they are,to be in a loving home,but do they care??/NO!!!
I wish Gizmo did not have to live with that strange family,I am sure dog-food,whatever it is they feed their dogs,is not good for this little sweet-heart.
OMG,people just get me so mad:yell:
Still,:fingerscr:pray:for little Gizmo,for a better future and health:fingerscr

diandpat
January 14th, 2009, 04:40 PM
Aw, poor minou :sad: Hope that the meds kick in and it all clears up lickity split! :goodvibes:

14+kitties
January 14th, 2009, 11:13 PM
Adding my :pray::goodvibes::fingerscr to everyone elses. Poor Gizmo sure does not deserve a home like he has. Poor sweetie. :sad:
badger - thank you for all you do for these guys. I am quite sure you could use a break or ten yourself. You don't need to be looking after everyone elses problems. :wall:

Chris21711
January 15th, 2009, 11:17 AM
:pray: That little Gizmo will recover from whatever ails him. You are truly an :angel: for helping this little guy Badger.

angeldogs
January 15th, 2009, 12:49 PM
Have you heard how Gizmo is doing today.?

badger
January 16th, 2009, 12:10 AM
I went to visit Gizmo tonight, to take him some probiotics and more chicken and rice. He is much better, his stools are firmer and according to Tatiana, there is less/no blood to be seen. He was up and around and hungry as a bear. She was just about to serve him some of that multicoloured kibble :yuck: softened with water. I told her to hold off on the kibble for a few days since his stomach will still be tender. I am really quite proud of her, she's giving him his meds in the right order and on time and it is clearly helping. She talked about getting him his second set of vaccs but was worried about the cost (50$).

They also have two lovely pitties who would have licked me all over, given half a chance :laughing: I really have a soft spot for those dogs, perhaps because they are so maligned.

hazelrunpack
January 16th, 2009, 01:15 AM
I was a little hesitant to check your update, but that's great news!! :thumbs up Good for Tatiana!! She's turning into quite the caretaker!

Good job, badger. :highfive:

rainbow
January 16th, 2009, 01:29 AM
Glad to hear that Tatiana has listened to you :thumbs up ......great job, Badger. :angel:

Hope that poor Gizmo continues to improve. :fingerscr :goodvibes:

growler~GateKeeper
January 16th, 2009, 03:30 AM
I'm glad Tatiana came to you when she need help & is doing what she can for Gizmo the right way, it shows she was listening. :) Sounds like the "threat" was built-in defensiveness on her part she probably needs to cope w/her home situation :sad:

If he has been eating just dogfood there is not enough taurine in there, hopefully :fingerscr she can get him some catfood, even if just grocery store stuff.

:goodvibes: :fingerscr for Gizmo

Are you able to pack up all your cats to bring them out here?

chico2
January 16th, 2009, 08:00 AM
Badger,you are doing great:grouphug:
Sometimes it takes some positive advice and showing that you care,to make an owner open their eyes and do the right thing.
I think that even worked with "my"Bailey,they seem to care more about her.
:fingerscrfor Gizmo