Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Bath Time Anyone?

growler~GateKeeper
September 17th, 2008, 08:58 PM
It was time for Duffy's end of summer bath......

Watching me wash dishes not suspecting a thing

41714-

Oh she sees the towel, she's onto me now

Look I can bathe myself no water needed

growler~GateKeeper
September 17th, 2008, 09:00 PM
Let me outta here

Are we done yet?

More drying less pictures please

growler~GateKeeper
September 17th, 2008, 09:02 PM
She actually likes the blow dryer, even on her head

Not just my head please

Almost dry

aslan
September 17th, 2008, 09:03 PM
wow you're a brave woman, she looks less than pleased... Duffy think positive, you smell all nice now.

growler~GateKeeper
September 17th, 2008, 09:04 PM
Wash, wash here

Wash, wash there

Now all fluffy & dry once again :cloud9:

Frenchy
September 17th, 2008, 09:05 PM
Animal cruelty :yell: Tell Duffy I never bathed my cats so if she ever gets sick of it ... :whistle:

Hey , she has David Bowie's eyes :cloud9:

hazelrunpack
September 17th, 2008, 09:13 PM
Fluffy, dry and very very beautiful! :flirt:

She obviously enjoys the drying part much more than the wet part of that whole procedure. :laughing: If looks could kill... :eek:

growler~GateKeeper
September 17th, 2008, 09:22 PM
When I was little my cat :rip: had sunstroke quite bad & needed to be given cool baths to soothe his skin, ever since then my cats have been given baths to get them used to it if ever they needed one, so then they wouldn't panic. It also helps when removing treesap from fur & feet that drip from the pine tree in the yard :laughing: no one likes sticky feet :D

:laughing: She's actually used to having a bath, she's had one every years since she was wee little. Duffy is really good, just whines & complains a bit & attempts escape while soaking wet :laughing:

Mid-way through the bath I though :headslap: I should've turned the video function on & put it on the other side of the counter - cuz this time she did make an attempted escape - she leapt soaking wet out of the sink & onto the towels on the counter :laughing: :cat:

hazelrunpack
September 17th, 2008, 09:47 PM
That would have made a really cute video, but then hazel would be tearing out her hair cuz she can't download video, anyway. :o

She looks kinda cute all spikey. :cat: Has Duffy ever considered switching to the Punk look? Maybe a turquoise stripe? :D

growler~GateKeeper
September 17th, 2008, 09:50 PM
Would hafta be green - it's her favorite colour :D She used to sit only on the green spots on my mum's kitchen mats :cat:

hazelrunpack
September 17th, 2008, 09:52 PM
Green works for me! :thumbs up

:D

growler~GateKeeper
September 17th, 2008, 10:13 PM
Animal cruelty :yell: Tell Duffy I never bathed my cats so if she ever gets sick of it ... :whistle:

Hey , she has David Bowie's eyes :cloud9:

Sorry Frenchy, Duffy hates other cats even sweet ones like M Le Chat & Paddy :sad: She hissed & growled at another sweet old grrl - in the other cats own home today :sad: :rolleyes: :evil: :cat: :laughing:

14+kitties
September 17th, 2008, 10:53 PM
Awww Duffy, you look kinda funny all wet and sodden but we love you anyway!! :cloud9: And you look like a million bucks after your bath!!

jiorji
September 17th, 2008, 10:53 PM
AWWWWWWWWWW DUffy!!!!!!!!:cloud9:

with her feetsies up in the air stretching to wash up! AWWWW!!

:cloud9::cloud9:

krdahmer
September 17th, 2008, 11:04 PM
:lovestruck: She looks like she tolerates it really well! And so clean and purdy after too!:cloud9:

I should have stuck with the baths too, I started Windy when she was a kitten, and she used to loooove them, she'd just slide down into the bath feet in the air and head on the edge of the sink.... now it's another story, everytime she has poop stuck to her fur it's WWIII just to get her butt down into the sink!!!

rainbow
September 18th, 2008, 12:08 AM
What a good girl purrty Ms. Duffy is. :angel:

I would never attempt that with either of mine. :eek:

growler~GateKeeper
September 18th, 2008, 12:14 AM
:laughing: Rainbow I even got some "during" pics just for you :laughing:

TeriM
September 18th, 2008, 12:21 AM
Awww, pretty girl Duffy is even prettier now :cloud9:. Has she forgiven you yet?

growler~GateKeeper
September 18th, 2008, 12:30 AM
Oh definately been forgiven :D Duffy can't hold a grudge too long, I have the food & give massages :cloud9:

rainbow
September 18th, 2008, 03:19 AM
:laughing: Rainbow I even got some "during" pics just for you :laughing:

I see that.....I am totally amazed. :D