Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Retreiver (best friend) was stolen!!

snichol
September 17th, 2008, 03:17 AM
"Buddy" dissapeared from the back of my pick up down by the river sept 10 on road 18 near Oliver BC. He was recently shaved and looks like a pup. Very friendly and trusting, has anxiety and likes to talk. If anyone has any info please help.

I will go to extremes to get him back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We love pets
September 17th, 2008, 08:50 PM
I am very sorry to hear about your dog. You can try putting up posters around the last area he was or stolen. Maybe the person who took him or someone might know who took him. Try putting an Ad's in the newspaper. Also check for any ad's in newspaper for someone selling a dog. Put as much information out there, you never know.
I can't believe these jerks that have nothing else better to do in there lives than take other peoples animals.
The river where you went too, do you go fishing there or just to hang out...?? You might want to go there but not with your van if possible take another car there, maybe you will see this person with your dog. Also drive by your area or home where he was taken from. Try not to go with your van...since this guy knows what you van looks like, he might just hide your dog, if he see a van like yours.

Godd luck and keep us posted...And if you do find the person who took your dog, I hope you kick the ass out of him..

snichol
September 19th, 2008, 04:37 PM
Ive put out 350 posters,ads in 9 newspapers, 15 web sites, over 50 e-mails, talked to 100s of people, and im trying to hit the news... I have taken a week and a half off of work and spent over $500 in gas trying to find my boy. Im am amazed at how concerned perfect strangers are, they are combing the area and calling me daily. I really dont think he is in the South okanagan because of all the exposure. I always carry my hammer stapler with me so if I saw someone hold Bud I will do everything in my power not to throw a couple staples in their head!! Its been quite a roller coaster ride with all the leads ive been following.

shirley1011
September 19th, 2008, 04:40 PM
Keep talking to people and keep those posters up. I found the best source I had was the newspaper. See if you can get someone at the newspaper hooked into the story and do a feature for you.
I also found that doing business card size of poster with info on the back for people to call was handy to hand out...and not too big for them to put in their pocket or purse.
Just don't give up....

We love pets
September 19th, 2008, 09:49 PM
I pray for his safe return home.... keep us updated!!!