Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Possible new Foster

Shaykeija
September 16th, 2008, 09:00 PM
The Sudbury pound will release this shih tzu to me if they cannot find a home for her. I have placed about 9 dogs this year. So I am hoping to foster her and find her a forever home. this is her number and web site.

GSAC11946A

http://www.gsshelter.ca/foundpets.htm

She looks pretty dirty but I see a cutie pie under there....

Frenchy
September 16th, 2008, 09:06 PM
She's adorable ! I sure hope someone adopts her real soon ! :fingerscr

Are they a high kill shelter ?

Shaykeija
September 16th, 2008, 09:10 PM
:sad:yes...

Frenchy
September 16th, 2008, 09:14 PM
:sad:yes...

ah crap :sad:

Thank dog you're willing to take her , as a foster of course ! :angel: :thumbs up

now I'm afraid for that senior male dog on top of the page. :sad:

BenMax
September 17th, 2008, 08:29 AM
Bless you!

Luvmypitgirls
September 17th, 2008, 09:23 AM
Forgive me if I am wrong but I was reading thru the list, and there is a Shih Tzu weighing approx 20 lbs, is that not a little heavy? Sorry I don't know much about the "smaller" breeds. My inlaws have a Shih Tzu x and he's about 20 lbs and looks obese.

I'm :pray: that all those little souls find forever homes, especially the senior at the top of the page.

Shaykeija
September 17th, 2008, 02:57 PM
yep she might be a little big boned ( lol fat) mine usually weigh no more than 14 to 16 pounds. She also may be a mix. I won't know until I see her. I just know there is a beauty under all that hair. Apparentley she was passed around, then she was owned by a crack ho that abandoned her in an empy apartment. She will be safe now.:cloud9:

BusterBoo
September 17th, 2008, 03:28 PM
:lovestruck: what a cutie! I am so glad she has found a safe place with you!

One of these days, I hope to be ready for another tzu (or mix, or small dog, or medium dog...... :fingerscr )

chico2
September 17th, 2008, 04:20 PM
OMG,I knew I should not have looked at all those pics,that poor senior lab-mix:sad:and all those kittens and cats:sad:
The Shih Tzu is adorable and probably very adoptable,the other pups probably not so and they are in a high-kill shelter:cry:
I know no need to remind me,there are thousands out there:sad:

Shaykeija
September 17th, 2008, 10:58 PM
:lovestruck: what a cutie! I am so glad she has found a safe place with you!

One of these days, I hope to be ready for another tzu (or mix, or small dog, or medium dog...... :fingerscr )

pssszs have I got the one for you......

rainbow
September 17th, 2008, 11:07 PM
I shouldn't have looked there either. :sad: Damn high kill shelters. :wall:

Bless you Shaykeija for saving one of them. :angel: :grouphug:

Shaykeija
September 18th, 2008, 02:52 PM
OMG OMG she was slated for the bridge today. They are holding her until Sunday for me to go pick her up. OMG I cried so hard for this little baby. Now I need to get her a home fast. My place is tiny and I have 3 dogs, one cat, 1 annoyed huband, and 1 friend staying here because of divorce. Holy hell...

diandpat
September 18th, 2008, 02:57 PM
OMG Bless you for taking her. :angel2:

Why wouldn't they have called you if they knew you were available to take her? Crossed wires??? :eek:

Phew, that little one dodged a bullet. Good luck finding her a home. Once she is all cleaned up she should find a home fast. :fingerscr

rainbow
September 18th, 2008, 03:02 PM
Glad to hear they will hold her for you. Bless you for caring :angel: :grouphug: and finding room to help her to get the forever home she deserves. :fingerscr :goodvibes:

chico2
September 18th, 2008, 03:44 PM
I might be naive,but why the high kill and a little dog would certainly be adopted,right?
I hate to think about all the others on the site:cry:
Shaykeija At least you were able to save one:dog:

Shaykeija
September 18th, 2008, 05:16 PM
I might be naive,but why the high kill and a little dog would certainly be adopted,right?

This little one was deemed unadoptable because it peed in the house.....:yell::yell::yell:

erykah1310
September 18th, 2008, 05:37 PM
Shay are you still able to foster her?

Shaykeija
September 18th, 2008, 05:48 PM
Shay are you still able to foster her?

I am picking her up on Sunday. She has a vet appointment on Oct 8th. Do you have someone in mind? PM and I will give you my phone # . I know you live close to me.

erykah1310
September 18th, 2008, 05:49 PM

It is sad Chico, very sad, however this place does the animal control aspect of a VERY large area. All strays picked up in surrounding areas (such as where I live almost an hour away) end up there.:cry:
The place is on the small side too which does not help situations any.
Now I do not agree with kill shelters one bit, but I also do not agree with leaving animals to fend for themselves on the streets either. Its a tough call, but I am sure space is the main concern for this place. ( along with the sheer volume of animals that pass through)

They actively ( well at least one person from there and many others from the community) are trying to get a desperately needed low cost spay/neuter clinic in the GSA. It went before council last night, haven't heard much on the radio about it as of yet though.

But, while no kill is ideal, unfortunately around here, its hard.:sad:

Shaykeija
September 18th, 2008, 05:57 PM
Yep I have asked to help out the the low cost spay neuter clinic. Perhaps in fund raising..I know how to guilt the crap out of companies..lol

erykah1310
September 18th, 2008, 06:02 PM
I don't mix well with most people, and I really don't like trying to get a point across to people I dont know ( weird little fact about me)
If you ever need any help with any fund raising, please don't hesitate to ask, although I dont "know" you... I "know" you :thumbs up ( in a sense lol)

Frenchy
September 18th, 2008, 08:11 PM
Shaykeija , are there any rescues in your area that could help with this little pup ?

Shaykeija
September 18th, 2008, 10:21 PM
It will be Ok for a while. (Just will have to turf the husband on to the couch so the new baby has room to sleep on the bed :D) I called a rescue and the lady was a bit of a *itch with me. If I wanted her to put the new furball on her website it would have to be neutered and vaccinated. (Well duhhh I know that) So I called every vet I know and Pet store. After the new baby's vet visit we will try to adopt her out that way. Through the rescue and the offices.

chico2
September 19th, 2008, 07:01 AM
Erykah,as sad as it is,thank you for explaining the situation..
Dying from starvation and cold weather on the streets is probably a worse fate:sad:
Shaykeija,Some people getting these cute little pups,just don't think they could possibly have bodily functions,or that they need training:frustrated:

Love4himies
September 19th, 2008, 07:06 AM
You are an :angel: for saving this little guys life. As for DH, hope the couch is comfy :D

Shaykeija
September 21st, 2008, 11:49 AM
I picked her up today. She is about 7 to 8 years old. Is black and white. Has a spay incision, a few warts, has been totally shaved down and a wonderful disposition. All 4 furbabies are sleeping on the bed. It is like she was meant to be here. Nope nope nope not going to fall in love with her damn...... too late

Frenchy
September 21st, 2008, 11:57 AM
All 4 furbabies are sleeping on the bed. It is like she was meant to be here. Nope nope nope not going to fall in love with her damn...... too late

:whistle: already foster failure Shaykeija ? :laughing:

You just saved a life :highfive: :angel: :thumbs up even if you don't keep her.

chico2
September 21st, 2008, 03:38 PM
Awww,Shaykeija,what's there not to love,3 or 4 little doggies what's the difference;)
I think she was meant to go to your house and you probably really did save her life:thumbs up

rainbow
September 21st, 2008, 03:44 PM
Another foster failure again. :D :cloud9:

So what's her name? :lovestruck:

And, where are the pics? :yell: