Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Mommy cat was NEGATIVE!!!!

kathryn
September 16th, 2008, 11:41 AM
WHOOO!! She doesn't have FeLV and her kittens will be okay!!! The shelter combo tested her, spayed her & vaccinated her for me for FREE!!! I love this shelter so much everyone there is amazing.

It won't bring Floppy or any of the others back but atleast there is hope for this batch. And NO MORE KITTENS AFTER THIS!! !WHOOO!!!!!

I can finally eat now without being all upset!

ancientgirl
September 16th, 2008, 11:48 AM
That's fantastic news! That's a wonderful shelter.

BenMax
September 16th, 2008, 11:52 AM
Good news. Indeed this is a great shelter!

kathryn
September 16th, 2008, 12:06 PM
I think my grandmom is keeping the little calico :laughing: She loves calicos. So if she wants her I'll get the kitten all set up at the shelter and pay the adoption fee myself then surprise my grandmom. She has the 1 cat right now which is one of Socks' kittens and that poor cat is soooooo bored and miserable that a friend would be nice.

Love4himies
September 16th, 2008, 12:10 PM
Wow, what a relief for you! :thumbs up :grouphug:

14+kitties
September 16th, 2008, 12:42 PM
That is fantastic news kathryn!!!
The only thing that gets me is why did they spay her when you said the kittens were only four weeks and would still need her milk? That does not sound right. I need to make sure my mommas have been dry for two weeks before I can take them in. :shrug: :confused:

kathryn
September 16th, 2008, 01:11 PM
That is fantastic news kathryn!!!
The only thing that gets me is why did they spay her when you said the kittens were only four weeks and would still need her milk? That does not sound right. I need to make sure my mommas have been dry for two weeks before I can take them in. :shrug: :confused:

We took the kittens away from her. Her milk was not dried up but it was an emergency situation. We had to get her spayed ASAP so she didn't end up getting preggers again while we were in Georgia. I have the kittens on KMR instead and are separated from the mom.

Normally I would wait until the moms are dried up but this was just a really desperate situation that we needed to know if she had FeLV and since she was already there we just got her spayed.

krdahmer
September 16th, 2008, 01:38 PM
Great news! :thumbs up

growler~GateKeeper
September 17th, 2008, 12:45 AM
Great News Kathryn! :highfive:

kathryn
September 17th, 2008, 06:00 AM
So now who wants a kitten??? :D

I'm holding onto them for 3 weeks so they can go right up for adoption instead of going into foster care.

Mommy Cat is soooo insane though. We have her in a little carrier cage because that's what they put her in. She started banging her head against the side of the cage and then the front bars and she bloodied her nose up. She wouldn't stop crying all night (finally quiet now... I just woke up) and was just banging her face on the cage and freaking out. They could have drugged her up just a little bit more :laughing: She is a lunatic.