Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Dog Show pics

Love4himies
September 16th, 2008, 06:39 AM
There was a small dog show at the campground that I back onto this past weekend so I spent Sun afternoon with my camera:

Finn (I think his name was) the shepard was the first dog I met. He was very shy but did allow me to take his picture.

Two Boxers waiting patiently for their turn in the ring.

This boxer got a medal in the Best of Group category.

Love4himies
September 16th, 2008, 06:42 AM
This little BMD pup was being such a good girl, very patient.

A doberman.

A Shilo Shepard.

Love4himies
September 16th, 2008, 06:48 AM
The Great Dane with the cape on accumulated many medals this weekend. Beautiful dog.

The Brindle didn't understand why he couldn't run a play with the other dogs.

Mom are we done yet, I am bored.

Love4himies
September 16th, 2008, 06:51 AM
Wanna play?

Veteran cocker, 12 years old and still in the ring. Can understand why.

Love4himies
September 16th, 2008, 06:52 AM
This little sweety is pretty and knows it.

Beware of the Shilo Shepards, they will drown you with slobber :laughing:

Love4himies
September 16th, 2008, 06:56 AM
Mini Aussies.

This is a mystery dog, I know the lady told me what it was, but I have totally forgotten. Love the ears :cloud9:

"I know I can make it, just a little bit higher"

Love4himies
September 16th, 2008, 07:01 AM
"How do you do"

Good thing the grass is mowed otherwise the judges wouldn't be able to see these guys :laughing:

Leonburger.

Love4himies
September 16th, 2008, 07:05 AM
Saved the best for last, the malamute, huskey and rotties :cloud9::lovestruck::cloud9::lovestruck:

This is a female malamute, two years old. Her two male companions were left at home so they are not being shown. According to her owner, she rules the roost for the most part, until the larger of the males has had enough, then he will let her know.

This gal has a huge prey drive so the owner had to stay back until ring time. She also wanted to rule the Shilo Shepards, who were positioned in front of the ring area.

Of course there were dogs coming and going and the owner did a wonderful job of distracting her girl when a dog went by, no problems, you wouldn't even know she was dominant.

BeagleMum
September 16th, 2008, 07:06 AM
So cute, all of them. I especially like the boxers. Were there any beagles???

aslan
September 16th, 2008, 07:10 AM
aaaaw man i would so be in doggie overload, the bms and leo look like bree and archer in reverse.

Love4himies
September 16th, 2008, 07:12 AM
The siberian huskeys were beautiful :lovestruck::cloud9:. There was gal there who had the two different eyes, she won a medal in the Best of Group. The owners are planning to breed her with their male once she gets Grand Champion status. She is currently 2 years old. The second grey sib is the male. The two grey ones are sledded in the winter.

Didn't talk to the brown sib owner.

Love4himies
September 16th, 2008, 07:15 AM
And my all time favourites the rotties: These are the sweetest, most lovable dogs :cloud9::cloud9::cloud9:

1. The female: I got to meet the female outside the ring. She leaned on me, fell over on her back and wanted belly rubs and if you didn't do it quick enough, she would jump up and give kisses all over your face :laughing:

2. Rottie pups getting used to dog shows.

3. Daddy of the young male rottie that stole my heart.

Love4himies
September 16th, 2008, 07:24 AM
And my all time favourite: Young 9 month old male rottie

This young male is already 98 lbs :eek:. He is just like the other rotties that the breeder has, THE BIGGEST LOVE BUGS!!!!!

This guy thinks he is still a small baby, he actually thought he could climb on lap when I bent down, but he ended up walking over my back :D It was very hot and muggy out, so he gave me a quick wash with his tongue:D :cloud9: Such a good boy.

hazelrunpack
September 16th, 2008, 03:25 PM
Beautiful dogs! Must've been fun to watch the show! :D

No setters, though, eh? :laughing: yes, hazel has a one-track mind :o

JennieV
September 16th, 2008, 08:08 PM
I think I have been to one of these dogs shows...I will dig up some pictures...I had some nice pictures too.

Rottielover
September 16th, 2008, 08:09 PM
Barely any rotties there because they were all showing at the carelton place seiger show for the RCC. ha ha ha, I was there.

Gorgeous dogs, but I can never get into AKC or CKC

Frenchy
September 16th, 2008, 08:20 PM
omg all beautiful dogs L4H ! :thumbs up love the great danes :lovestruck:

JennieV
September 16th, 2008, 08:20 PM
Some of the gorgeous doggies I met that day:
1. Neufie, so huge, but so gorgeous!!
2. Russian Borzoi
3. Irish Wolfhound with is owner, a cute little ol lady! He was so attentive to her!!!

JennieV
September 16th, 2008, 08:25 PM
Some more:
1. A beautiful but very skinny Saluki, she took Best In Group that day I believe
2. I get smooches from a fluffy Samoyed
3. Rhodesian Ridgeback, this lady had 3, so beautiful, but we had to track her down all over the place, she kept walking away...LOL..not realizing we were after her!:laughing:

JennieV
September 16th, 2008, 08:27 PM
last ones, PROMISE!! :sorry: didn't mean to steal the thread...! :)

both pics, my all-time fave, Black Russian Terrier, she was AMAZING.

Melanie1010
September 16th, 2008, 08:33 PM
The Mystery Dog is a Picardy Shepherd.. they are very very rare in this area. Most are imported from France (the actualy breed name I believe is Berger Picard). There were 2 at the seminar I went to this winter, gorgeous dogs, look like they are out of a Disney Movie!! Great Pictures! Looks like it was interesing day!

Frenchy
September 16th, 2008, 08:53 PM
Some of the gorgeous doggies I met that day:
1. Neufie, so huge, but so gorgeous!!

OMG he's gorgeous !!! :cloud9: :lovestruck:
:
1. A beautiful but very skinny Saluki,

And this is breed standard ? :confused: looks much too skinny for me :sad:

Chaser
September 16th, 2008, 09:36 PM
Lucky you getting to see all those gorgeous dogs!

The Newf and the Rotts are my faves! :lovestruck:

And that Saluki needs to gain weight....:sad:

14+kitties
September 16th, 2008, 09:38 PM
Gorgeous dogs L4H!!! Just beautiful!! :cloud9: I can't pick a favourite though. I would have been in heaven seeing all of those pooches!

mollywog
September 16th, 2008, 09:42 PM
wow! What a wide variety of breeds! its so nice to see them all, what beautiful dogs. but I have to agree about the Saluki- thin as a rail! :(

14+kitties
September 16th, 2008, 09:54 PM
I agree with everyone else. That Saluki needs to gain some weight. I would think being that thin is bordering on abuse. I just checked out other pics of that breed. None of them had hipbones sticking out as much as that poor thing does. How :sad:.

Love4himies
September 17th, 2008, 06:53 AM
I can't believe the judges would even allow such a skinny dog into the show :sad: There were greyhounds at the dog show I was at and although they were skinny enough to see their ribs, they had a very good layer of muscle over their hip bones.

I had a great time at the show.

I was surpised there were not alot of breeds maybe because it was not CKC or AKC? Somebody mentioned European???

14+: I picked my favourite based on personality. The Rotties were the most lovable, friendliest dogs. You could tell they were well loved by their breeder and the dogs loved him.

beaglemum: no beagles, no goldens.

aslan
September 17th, 2008, 07:00 AM
:eek: no goldens, and they call it a dog show:sad:

Love4himies
September 17th, 2008, 07:05 AM
:eek: no goldens, and they call it a dog show:sad:

I know! Should have asked, but everybody was so busy prepping or showing that I didn't want to disturb them too much.

Kai'smom
September 17th, 2008, 07:34 AM
You are a reeeeally good photographer. In many of the pictures you capture a real intimacy between you and the dog, like the dog is really looking right at you and time stood still for a second. I know nothing about photography at all, but as a layman one can always appreciate something special. Are you a pro? If not, you should pursue it...

jessi76
September 17th, 2008, 07:54 AM
wow - GREAT photos!!! those lil rottie pups are simply adorable!

what, no basenji's either??

rainbow
September 18th, 2008, 12:43 AM
They are all beautiful. :lovestruck:

But, of course, my faves are the sibes. :cloud9:

Thanks for sharing these pics with us. :thumbs up