Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

update on the stray kitten that went to her new home

clm
September 15th, 2008, 09:12 PM
I knew it was a she. :D Anyway, she's settling in to her new home very well. She's afraid of of the dogs there, the lady who took her trains dogs and has two of her own, but she's starting to explore her new home a little more each day. She's coming to her new mom for brief periods of affection now, which is a huge step as she was soooo skittish. You could tell she wanted to trust people, but was afraid.
She's been to the vet and she does have an imbalance which is why she seemed to walk a little funny and have a twitchiness about the way she walked, but other than that she's very healthy. Unfortunately the vet says she is pregnant and too far along to do anything about it. :sad: She'll be fixed once she's done with her stint at motherhood.

Cindy

14+kitties
September 15th, 2008, 09:39 PM
Awwwww, poor baby. I didn't think she was that old? And she is having a litter? :fingerscr everything goes ok! It's great she is getting the care she needs and the vet was able to figure out quickly what was wrong. I am sure she is a much happier little lady now! :cloud9:

clm
September 15th, 2008, 09:53 PM
I didn't think she was that old either. Vet figures she's about 6months old. She didn't look any more than 4 months old to me.

Cindy

14+kitties
September 15th, 2008, 09:54 PM
Way too young to be having babies. I hope everything goes well for her. :sad:

krdahmer
September 16th, 2008, 02:13 AM
Oh poor baby having babies! I'm glad she has a good safe place to have them at least and lots of loving from the sounds of it! :goodvibes: for a smooth & successful pregnancy and spay!:pray: