Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Good job Nelly !

Frenchy
September 15th, 2008, 08:27 PM
Nelly is such a good girl , I didn't sleep too well last night (only 3 hours) ... she just unmade my bed so I could go to bed early :D don't mind the destroyed wall paper , I guess the cats wanted to help too , it's been there since I bought the house and have been meaning to tear it off. Monsieur le chat and Paddington have already started the job :rolleyes:

aslan
September 15th, 2008, 08:39 PM
What a good girl you are Nelly helping mommy do the housework.

clm
September 15th, 2008, 08:51 PM
She's just giving you a subtle hint that she wants to go to bed early. Since you had trouble sleeping last night, did the dogs notice?

Cindy

Frenchy
September 15th, 2008, 08:56 PM
did the dogs notice?

Cindy

They were the cause of me not sleeping so yes :yell: it was raining and very windy , Chloe got scared and ask twice to go pee outside , Bailey was afraid too and panting like crazy ... and Chloe wouldn't settle down , I couldn't go back to sleep because it was so darn hot and humid :frustrated:

Frenchy
September 15th, 2008, 08:57 PM
Would an obedience class 1 teach Nelly to MAKE the bed ? :rolleyes:

Smiley14
September 15th, 2008, 09:00 PM
Aww Nelly! :lovestruck: Such a good girl! :laughing:

Belle tried to help me with my housework yesterday too, only she got it backwards. AFTER I just washed and changed the sheets and duvet cover, she came running through the doggie door covered in mud and got black mud all over the clean bed! :yell:

clm
September 15th, 2008, 09:02 PM
That wind was horrible. Even brave little Bentley wouldn't stay outside last night, and he's got back up, we're out there with them. He's afraid of the booger bear after dark most nights anyway, the wind just turned him into a total fraidy bear and he wanted to stay inside. :laughing:

Cindy

Frenchy
September 15th, 2008, 09:06 PM
Belle tried to help me with my housework yesterday too, only she got it backwards. AFTER I just washed and changed the sheets and duvet cover, she came running through the doggie door covered in mud and got black mud all over the clean bed! :yell:
Good girl Belle !!!
http://bestsmileys.com/lol/4.gif

the wind just turned him into a total fraidy bear and he wanted to stay inside. :laughing:

Cindy

:laughing:

14+kitties
September 15th, 2008, 09:08 PM
Good job Nelly!!! :highfive: You know when Mommy needs her sleep!!! :cloud9: You are such a good girl!

Frenchy
September 15th, 2008, 09:14 PM
You are such a good girl!

You know what ? I was thinking about this yesterday and told LP today , with everything that's going on here , the only dog that I can truly say who has been a dream lately , is Nelly ! I can't find the word to explain this right but , Chloe has been barking even more now that she gets less time with me , Sam is not doing good and will always lay down where he shouldn't (in front of doors or the fridge) Bailey is now getting scared as soon as he ears the rain and can sometimes be very velcro, Ma Belle is a handful ... as for Nelly .... listens to me always , is never in the way , is always happy and playful ... she just has been a very very good girl :shrug:

clm
September 15th, 2008, 09:17 PM
Sounds like you really have your hands full with your pack right now. How's Belle doing with the other dogs? Do you still have to keep her separated from the rest?

Frenchy
September 15th, 2008, 09:25 PM
Do you still have to keep her separated from the rest?

Yes :sad: I'm pretty sure that now , it would be ok , but Sam doesn't like her now. He's not a forgiving dog. And Ma Belle is too hyper , she doesn't care if she steps on me , bumps into me ,etc ... so I can just imagine with my dogs :laughing: she would make Sam fall (he's not doing well) and could just walk over the other dogs/cats if they would be laying on the floor. We are looking for another foster home for her , she might be leaving by next week end. It kills me to do this (and really , you can't imagine how I feel right now) but she needs a house with less dogs , someone with more time to spend with her.

14+kitties
September 15th, 2008, 09:30 PM
:grouphug: for you Frenchy! You do so much for these dogs! Don't you dare feel guilty about Ma Belle! She needs someone with more time available and your time right now should be focused on Sam. You can't do everything young lady! Now stop!!! This is where you say Ok mom and just back quietly from room. :D

Really hon, you need a break! :grouphug:

clm
September 15th, 2008, 09:58 PM
Yes you do need a break. I didn't realize Sam wasn't doing well. :sad: You can only do so much. Belle has done so well with you, imagine how well she'll do with someone who can devote even more time to her.

Cindy

hazelrunpack
September 15th, 2008, 09:59 PM
I'll back you up on that one, 14+ and clm...Frenchy could use a break...a long break out of the country...at the Hazel Run spa, for example. All the dogs can come, too, Frenchy...even Ma Belle if she wants to. :D We have a couple of separate yards she could use all by herself or share with a few of the others. :thumbs up

And as for spa treatments, you won't believe how incredibly soft all the setter-spittle masks make your skin! :cloud9: (:yuck:)

Meanwhile, Nelly is being a very good girl helping Mom get ready for bed. She knows you were hot last night so she even removed the blanket. :thumbs up Smart girl! :dog:

Smiley14
September 15th, 2008, 10:15 PM
Good girl Belle !!!
http://bestsmileys.com/lol/4.gif

Next time, I'll send some black mud your way! :evil: :laughing: LOL!

I'm sorry to hear that Sam isn't doing so well though. :(

Chaser
September 15th, 2008, 10:17 PM
Awww....sweet Nelly! :cloud9:

growler~GateKeeper
September 16th, 2008, 12:43 AM
Aww Nelly :lovestruck: such a good girl :angel:

:laughing: 1st pic she's looking at the mess she made, 2nd pic she feels bad & the 3rd pic she says sorry

I love the look on her face in the last one, so cute :cloud9:

BeagleMum
September 16th, 2008, 06:46 AM
That's sp funny!! Spencer unmakes our spare bed every night because he wants to sleep under the covers. I will often go in there and just find a ball of blankets with a hard lump under them. :sleepy:

BenMax
September 16th, 2008, 07:40 AM
I have not seen Nelly since she was rescued. She is absolutely gorgeous. It is amazing what good food, a warm home and lots of love does for an animal. You did such a great job with her Frenchy. So nice to see how they are doing after such an ordeal.

Bless you!

Love4himies
September 16th, 2008, 07:42 AM
Aww Nelly what a helper!

I think the wall paper is from the cats desperately trying to get out of the way when they see Nelly zooming into the bedroom making a beeline for the bed.:laughing:

jessi76
September 16th, 2008, 07:47 AM
don't mind the destroyed wall paper , I guess the cats wanted to help too , it's been there since I bought the house and have been meaning to tear it off. Monsieur le chat and Paddington have already started the job :rolleyes:

LOL... my cats have done the same at my house too! I have this nasty wallpaper that I simply haven't gotten around to, and they've started tearing it down for me. cats make GREAT redecorators!

chico2
September 16th, 2008, 07:55 AM
Awww Frenchy,please, no guilt:grouphug:
Everyone has their limits and you have reached yours,with Ma Belle,poor Sam and the others +other circumstances.
Sometimes you have to admit you are not super-woman.
I know you are not going to let Ma Belle go lightly,but it's the best for both you and the other puppers.
I strongly believe they sense your stress and act up,maybe a little confused.
Nelly reacts differently and is giving you her support and love,because that's the kind of lady she is:lovestruck:loves to make the bed for you:laughing:
Hopefully Ma Belle will have a new home this weekend:pray:

BenMax
September 16th, 2008, 09:30 AM
Yes :sad: I'm pretty sure that now , it would be ok , but Sam doesn't like her now. He's not a forgiving dog. And Ma Belle is too hyper , she doesn't care if she steps on me , bumps into me ,etc ... so I can just imagine with my dogs :laughing: she would make Sam fall (he's not doing well) and could just walk over the other dogs/cats if they would be laying on the floor. We are looking for another foster home for her , she might be leaving by next week end. It kills me to do this (and really , you can't imagine how I feel right now) but she needs a house with less dogs , someone with more time to spend with her.

Frenchy do not feel badly about Ma Bella. You stepped up to the plate when no one would. You gave Ma Bella the best that you could and now it is up to the rescue to re-cuperate the dog and find another foster - it is the responsible thing to do and under the circumstances your efforts should be commended. Your life and your dog is a priority right now. Let someone else extend their good faith and take over.

As a fellow member of the rescue team, I say hats off to you for doing what you did. This rescue is very lucky to have you on their team and try to work miracles.

ancientgirl
September 16th, 2008, 09:33 AM
LOL, looks like you have the opposite problem I do. Mine like to help me make the bed, and Nelly likes to help you unmake yours.:D

Ford Girl
September 16th, 2008, 11:05 AM
Good girl Nelly!!! :angel: I would LOVE to see Nelly in full zoomie action, that would so cute! :lovestruck::crazy:

I agree with the others, there is nothing to feel guilty about having to find another foster for Belle, you've done more then most people would ever do. :angel: :pray: :fingerscr :goodvibes: for a solution by the weekend!

Frenchy
September 16th, 2008, 11:21 AM
Thanks everyone , yes I've been tired lately and I keep complaining :o so much I get on my own nerves :laughing: and I just realized 2 days ago , how much Nelly was a good girl , she has changed sooo much ! :lovestruck: This is where you say Ok mom and just back quietly from room. :D

:laughing: alrighty mom :laughing:
And as for spa treatments, you won't believe how incredibly soft all the setter-spittle masks make your skin! :cloud9: (:yuck:)

:cloud9: setter spittle :cloud9:

I have not seen Nelly since she was rescued.

And you will come visit her soon ! :goodvibes:

oh and , I promise next time someone comes over with a cam that can make videos , I will get one of Nelly zooming (she's easy to get started :laughing:)

krdahmer
September 16th, 2008, 01:05 PM
Nelly! :lovestruck: I looooove that last pic! I mean who wouldn't want to crawl in next to her and snuggle! :cloud9:

JennieV
September 16th, 2008, 06:40 PM
She looks so cuddly! like a giant teddy bear..soooo cuddly...I wouldn't be able to resist the invite...LOL

diandpat
September 16th, 2008, 06:43 PM
So sweet that Nelly. Sooner or later the bed always gets "unmade"...Nelly says "what's the big deal????" lol

(where on earth is there room for you on that bed???)

Frenchy
September 16th, 2008, 07:56 PM
(where on earth is there room for you on that bed???)

:laughing: They take turns ! Sam used to sleep on the bed at night , only when it was cold , but he can't go up anymore and I don't force him , he gets too warm and gets up in the middle of the night. Now it's Chloe , she sleeps on the other pillow with her polar bear stuffie from 14+ , sometimes Bailey will join , sometimes Nelly. They have their own doggy beds in my room and in the living room.

And sometimes , I'm all alone :sad:

Frenchy
September 16th, 2008, 07:59 PM
I have not seen Nelly since she was rescued.

Check out this one BenMax :

growler~GateKeeper
September 16th, 2008, 11:07 PM
oh and , I promise next time someone comes over with a cam that can make videos , I will get one of Nelly zooming (she's easy to get started :laughing:)

I'm gonna hold you to that promise :D :cloud9:

BenMax
September 17th, 2008, 08:26 AM
Frenchy - she is beautiful. Has she come a long way or what? I remember when she could barely hold her head. Nice job Girl...nice job!

Chapeau mon amie.

rainbow
September 18th, 2008, 12:37 AM
Aww, mommy's little helper :evil: ...what cute pics. Also love the one of her leaping through the snow. :cloud9:

TeriM
September 18th, 2008, 12:41 AM
Hehe, good helping Nelly :thumbs up. I like how even when she has most of the sheets off that she is still sitting on the sheet part :laughing:.

Love the zoomies shot :cloud9:.