September 15th, 2008, 08:54 PM
http://www.torontosun.com/poll/

Brooster
September 15th, 2008, 10:13 PM
LOL, you beat me to it
At 10:10 we, the good guys are winning 62%-38%:thumbs up

aslan
September 15th, 2008, 10:15 PM
good to see people are starting to educate themselves and stand up for the bully breeds.

BeagleMum
September 16th, 2008, 08:05 AM
Darn, the site won't load for me.

Love4himies
September 16th, 2008, 08:33 AM
Poll must be done. 42% for, 58% against 2807 votes.

LavenderRott
September 16th, 2008, 09:55 AM
Poll must be done. 42% for, 58% against 2807 votes.

If you click on the Home page link at the top of the page, you can vote.

Love4himies
September 16th, 2008, 09:59 AM
If you click on the Home page link at the top of the page, you can vote.

OK, thanks.

lotus
September 16th, 2008, 03:30 PM
Got my vote in. Maybe people are actually starting to figure out it's not the breed it's the irresponsible owners that should be held responsible. I have met some very I mean lick your face off friendly pits, so is it the dog or the person that owns the dog.

babyrocky1
September 16th, 2008, 08:19 PM
Thanks sooo much guys!!! I think the poll actually prompted a positive article in the Sun!!!
The appeal has been heard, I was in court.. I don't know how it will turn out.. the decision was, as we expected, "reserved" and sooo now we wait again!

Schwinn
September 16th, 2008, 08:31 PM
I heard there was an appeal, but I never heard who it was appealing...I mean, to me, it was a partial victory for both sides (in the legal sense...in the real sense, I think the government got spanked). My interpretation is that the only "pitbulls" banned are dogs that are registered pure-breeds in the definition. Any dog that wasn't a specific breed is out. This eliminates the dogs that Bryant was really trying to target, and leaves the option for the pure-breed owners to fight as there has never been an attack by a registered breed that falls under the definition.

babyrocky1
September 16th, 2008, 11:09 PM
I heard there was an appeal, but I never heard who it was appealing...I mean, to me, it was a partial victory for both sides (in the legal sense...in the real sense, I think the government got spanked). My interpretation is that the only "pitbulls" banned are dogs that are registered pure-breeds in the definition. Any dog that wasn't a specific breed is out. This eliminates the dogs that Bryant was really trying to target, and leaves the option for the pure-breed owners to fight as there has never been an attack by a registered breed that falls under the definition.
There was a time between the ruling and the explanation from the judge that we hoped that was true, and that interpretation comes from the fact that the term "pit bull terrier" was found to be unconstitutional but in the "remedy hearing" the judge said that all the government had to do to fix that was change the wording in the bill... Because the "substantially similar" still exists and refers to the three breeds as well as dogs substantially similar...dogs that may resemble the three breeds, which is obviously subjective, are still vulnerable to the law!
Thus there are cases like Rambo, Heira, Munchie... and the list goes on.. so what we are trying to fight is. on the one hand that, the law is unconstitutionally broad and vague.. which are apparantly two different things and one issue that our "sides" are arguing..
Something that was brought up today in court is that there are fourteen or so other Pure breeds that might be considered substantially similar in look.. so in a sense what is banned are dogs that may look like "pit bulls" to some people..
Both sides are appealing different parts of the ruling..

Please forgive my inarticulate way of describing this but its a very difficult thing to get your head around. and I have been in court for two days.. and I was there at the original challenge.. this will likely go to the Supreme court one way or another.. soooo the legal challenge still needs tons of help!
www.bannedaid.com !
There will be a blog coming out of the DLCC shorlly that will explain this much better than I could.. but NO WAY are non pure bred "bullly types" legal!

Today there were three justices and we were in the Highest Court in Ontario, if we win, the crown will appeal and we will have to go to the Supreme court anyways.. sooo theres still a long road ahead!