Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Another Allie Update

luckypenny
September 14th, 2008, 10:09 PM
We got this email today :goodvibes:.

This is a quick update to let you know Allie is doing well. Her braces came off a couple of weeks ago and her teeth look great. She has gotten used to getting her teeth brushed before bed and it is now part of our nightly routine.

She was at the vets for a chechup. Health-wise she is doing wonderfully. We have finally hit 100 lbs and she has yet to turn 8 months old.

We just completed our obedience level 1 and now are looking forward to the start of level two. She is very well behaved

We have joined a local dog cub that gets together during the week. --- has her there by 6:30 am so Allie can greet all the dogs coming in. Allie has befriended a 9 month old great dane by the name of Bella. The two will spend countless hours chasing each other and roling in the grass.

Allie loves to have her head out the window when we drive, so we had a pair of 'doggles' shipped in from California to protect her eyes.

I've attached a picture of her wearing them for the first time (as well as some updated pictures).

We will keep in touch.

luckypenny
September 14th, 2008, 10:12 PM
What a lucky, lucky girl she is. I couldn't have imagined a better home for sweet, sweet Allie. Look how happy she is in the third pic...:lovestruck:

Omg, she's 100lbs :eek: :laughing: :cloud9:.

Smiley14
September 14th, 2008, 10:39 PM
Oh, it sounds like she is doing wonderfully! Such a beautiful girl! :lovestruck:

JennieV
September 14th, 2008, 10:54 PM
She is just precious! Gorgeous girl :lovestruck:

hazelrunpack
September 15th, 2008, 01:12 AM
Her new home obviously suits her to a tee, LP! It must give you a lot of satisfaction knowing that you had a hand in getting her ready for her current happiness! :grouphug:

She's sure getting to be a big beautiful girl. :lovestruck: Very big. :eek: Did I mention large? :laughing: But oh. so. gorgeous! :flirt:

TeriM
September 15th, 2008, 01:53 AM
She is such a gorgeous girl :lovestruck: and has been so very lucky to find such a loving home thanks to you :thumbs up.

Love4himies
September 15th, 2008, 09:00 AM
I love the pic of Allie and her doggles :laughing:. It's great that the new owners keep you updated on her :thumbs up

Chris21711
September 15th, 2008, 09:49 AM
Truly beautiful LP, you did a fantastic job.

aslan
September 15th, 2008, 09:51 AM
OMG, look how big she's gettting. She's turning out to be a beautiful girl and i'm glad the owners are keeping you updated. ummm, braces?

SIL
September 15th, 2008, 10:03 AM
She looks great LP!!! You did a wonderful job.

14+kitties
September 15th, 2008, 10:44 AM
That is one cute pupper!! Thanks for giving her such a great head start!!! :thumbs up :angel:

Ford Girl
September 15th, 2008, 04:00 PM
I love when they send you updates of all your old fosters...so nice to see them in a home they deserve. :cloud9: She's so cute!! :lovestruck:

I gotta order some of those goggles for Dazy. :lovestruck:

Frenchy
September 15th, 2008, 09:02 PM
Allie loves to have her head out the window when we drive, so we had a pair of 'doggles' shipped in from California to protect her eyes.

ahhhhh , that is so nice of them !
Look how happy she is in the third pic...:lovestruck:

Omg, she's 100lbs :eek: :laughing: :cloud9:.

Yes she does look happy , that must melt your heart LP ! :highfive:

mollywog
September 15th, 2008, 10:14 PM
aww she looks SO happy in that last pic! What a nice update. However, I am kinda in the dark- braces? did she have dental problems?
I send updates and pictures to Molly's foster mom, I like to keep in touch and I (hope) that she enjoys hearing about her progress too.

Frenchy
September 15th, 2008, 10:19 PM
I send updates and pictures to Molly's foster mom, I like to keep in touch and I (hope) that she enjoys hearing about her progress too.

That's great mollywog, I'm sure the foster mom loves to get updates. I know I do , but people stop after a while :sad:

growler~GateKeeper
September 16th, 2008, 02:05 AM
ummm, braces?

Yeah.....I think we missed some vital info here :shrug: :laughing:

Allie looks great :lovestruck: such a happy grrl :D

jessi76
September 16th, 2008, 08:42 AM
what a beautiful dog and such a heartwarming update! it's just so uplifting to read happy endings like this.

ancientgirl
September 16th, 2008, 10:48 AM
She looks great with those sunglasses. It's so wonderful to hear these happy stories. So many times I wonder if there is any hope for humanity, and then I see there are other people out there who are willing to bring abandoned and unwanted animals into their lives. Yay for Allie!

luckypenny
September 16th, 2008, 11:22 AM
You know, all it took was BMDLuver to take her into her rescue and provide her with vet care, and then for us to give her a place to stay where she was safe. It's Allie's new family that have provided her the most wonderful, caring and loving home. I'm sure there are many people out there like these amazing folk...it's just finding them that's a challenge. I do admit though, there is absolutely no greater feeling of warmth and glee than knowing a match was so successful :goodvibes:.

:D yup, braces. Here's some of what they wrote in a previous email:

The dental Vet at the Martin's Veterinary Hospital in Etobicoke (far side of Toronto) is one of two in Canada with a Diplomate of the American Veterinary Dental College (AVDC). This is the highest designation that can be earned in the Specialty of , and represents the full certification of the AVDC. She is only one of two in Canada.

She immediately identified the issues (broken baby k9 on upper jaw and misaligned lower k9). She agreed to address both on Wednesday morning....The vet removed the broken baby tooth and installed two retainers to guide the misaligned tooth.

marko
September 16th, 2008, 11:41 AM
Soooo cute LP! Great job!

growler~GateKeeper
September 17th, 2008, 12:49 AM
Glad the braces went well & :thumbs up for the teeth brushing, so much easier when the pup co-operates :rolleyes: :laughing:

rainbow
September 18th, 2008, 02:11 AM
What a wonderful update and Allie is looking so beautiful. :lovestruck:

You couldn't have found a better home for her and it must make you feel so good. :cloud9:

You and BMD are a great team. :angel: & :angel:

I love the doggles pics. :D