Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Felix's Progress

sammyodd
September 14th, 2008, 04:44 PM
So, now we have a playful kitten. We decided to keep his name Felix. By we, I mean Jon. :) He had his first vet visit yesterday. His fecal was negative, but Dr. Dockery dewormed him anyway. And he had his first vaccine yesterday. He didn't take long to litter box train. It took a day. He is a very bright kitten. And since he went to the vet, we got him a new toy. He played with it for an hour. It's a bear that hangs and dangles. He is still too young to give flea treatments, but the vet said next week, we can start it. We decided to put him on revolution. And he also is switching to science diet. I will keep you all posted on his progress and post a new picture very soon. Thank you all for helping me get him to where he is today.:grouphug:

sugarcatmom
September 15th, 2008, 02:30 PM
And he also is switching to science diet.

Why Science Diet? And which one (canned? dry?).

You'd actually be better off feeding gluten-free Fancy Feast over any Hill's (SD) product, if you can't find any of the better options in your area. Is there a Petco somewhere around? They've recently started carrying Wellness food, which is heads and tails above SD or Fancy Feast (it doesn't have by-products, and most flavours don't have grains).