Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Hazel Run Fashion show

hazelrunpack
September 13th, 2008, 08:43 PM
King Ember and Princess Lil Belle got a John Deere Cap from Grandma and Grandpa for their birthday...

...and of course the Royal Siblings decreed that everyone who wanted to could try it on.

hazelrunpack
September 13th, 2008, 08:46 PM
First the King:

Then his sister, the Princess:

41489 41490

hazelrunpack
September 13th, 2008, 08:49 PM
The Esquire had a go:

Grace wanted to try it on....

...but Brier told her she was too little.

"It won't fit, Grace! Your head is too dinky!"

hazelrunpack
September 13th, 2008, 08:52 PM
Sheriff Cole tried it on.

41493 41494
"It's a little snug," he snickered, "but I think I look smashing in it!"

hazelrunpack
September 13th, 2008, 08:55 PM
Ms Macie took her turn next.

41495 41496

"Let me try it on, please!" whined Grace. But the Princess-Queen tried it next.

hazelrunpack
September 13th, 2008, 09:02 PM
As Grace watched disconsolately, Princess-Queen Cass donned Cap.

Cass liked Cap so much that she wore it for a while as she finished up some yard-work, much to the dismay of Grace.

41497 41498

When the grass was mowed and the tractor put away, Cass passed Cap on to Lady (in Waiting) Ridge.

"Your Majesty!" yapped Grace. "Can't I have a turn at wearing Birthday Cap?"

"It's too big, Grace," sighed the Princess-Queen. "It would fall off and get lost!"

hazelrunpack
September 13th, 2008, 09:04 PM
Grace sighed and watched Lady (in Waiting) Ridge model Cap.

41500 41501

hazelrunpack
September 13th, 2008, 09:12 PM
"Is it as awesome to wear as it looks, Lady?" whispered Grace.

"Why, yes, Grace, it is really quite the cool Cap!" replied Ridge.

"Oh please, please, please, can't I try it on?!" Grace yodeled.

"Okay," laughed Lady (in Waiting) Ridge, "I'll help you try it on, but it's gonna be too big."

"No it isn't!" yapped Grace.

Ridge passed Cap to Grace and Grace slipped it on. She lifted her head and smiled...

...and Cap slid around under her right ear.

"Oh, fudge!" sighed Grace.

The End

aslan
September 13th, 2008, 09:17 PM
aaaaw they're all so cute... until last night i thought they were a bigger dog.

14+kitties
September 13th, 2008, 09:18 PM
Awwwww, poor Grace! After waiting all that time so patiently too!! :sad:
Give her an extra hug for me please. :grouphug:
Great pics hazel! I was heading for bed cause I have an early morn tomorrow but had to stay up to see the fashion show. I am so glad I did! :cloud9::cloud9:

SIL
September 13th, 2008, 09:20 PM
Great pictures Hazel. Love the story line too...:cloud9:

luckypenny
September 13th, 2008, 09:21 PM
Sweet, sweet Gracie :cloud9:. I knew she'd have a chance to try Cap on :goodvibes:. Fantastic story as always, HRP :thumbs up.

Smiley14
September 13th, 2008, 09:27 PM
Oh, LOL, Hazel, those are awesome!!! That hat is way too cute!!!! :laughing: And on all the pups! :lovestruck:

hazelrunpack
September 13th, 2008, 09:37 PM
aaaaw they're all so cute... until last night i thought they were a bigger dog.

Grace is only about 33 pounds. Our biggest, Cole, comes in at about 60 pounds. Cass and Macie are about 43 pounds; Ridge and Belle are about 45 pounds; and Ember and Brier, about 55.

Awwwww, poor Grace! After waiting all that time so patiently too!! :sad:
Give her an extra hug for me please. :grouphug:
Great pics hazel! I was heading for bed cause I have an early morn tomorrow but had to stay up to see the fashion show. I am so glad I did! :cloud9::cloud9:

Aw, Grace says 'thanks', Geri. She likes hugs...sorta...when she's sleepy...which she is. :lovestruck:

hazelrunpack
September 13th, 2008, 09:39 PM
Great pictures Hazel. Love the story line too...:cloud9:

Sweet, sweet Gracie :cloud9:. I knew she'd have a chance to try Cap on :goodvibes:. Fantastic story as always, HRP :thumbs up.

Oh, LOL, Hazel, those are awesome!!! That hat is way too cute!!!! :laughing: And on all the pups! :lovestruck:

:thankyou: The dogs are really good at coming up with stories. :D I'm just the editor and photographer. :laughing:

BeagleMum
September 13th, 2008, 09:39 PM
Awww, they are all so cute, and very tolerant of the hat. Good job!!

Chaser
September 13th, 2008, 09:40 PM
LOL....those are just too cute! Grace looks like such a sweet little thing! :lovestruck:

JanM
September 13th, 2008, 10:23 PM
I do love your stories and pictures! The dogs were sooooo good during their photo shoot too!

hazelrunpack
September 13th, 2008, 11:16 PM
Don't let them fool you! They weren't so very tolerant of Cap...I was snapping furiously between their bouts of trying to scrape Cap off! :laughing:

Grace is the epitome of sweetness, though, Chase_Mom. :cloud9:

rainbow
September 14th, 2008, 01:49 AM
:laugh::laugh::laugh: You crack me up. :D

The pics are hilarious and I love your story. :laughing:

growler~GateKeeper
September 14th, 2008, 03:15 AM

Hahahaha Ridge did not look happy here :laughing:

Lil Belle, Cole, Cass & Gracie look like they enjoyed wearing the hat but the others weren't too impressed :laughing:

chico2
September 14th, 2008, 07:00 AM
Hazel you really know how to showcase your beautiful pups:lovestruck:
Great pics,great captions...I was on edge waiting to see if Grace finally would get a try:laughing:

hazelrunpack
September 14th, 2008, 09:04 AM
The dogs crack me up all the time, rainbow! When I'm lucky, I have the camera ready when they're in their best form! :D

To be perfectly honest, growler, none of them were especially thrilled about the fashion show...well...until Cass realized she was gonna be able to drive the tractor! :dog: Then she got excited! :laughing: Ridge sort of looks glowering in that one shot, but of all of them, she was actually the most tolerant of it.

:thankyou: chico!

wdawson
September 14th, 2008, 09:15 AM
hazel
those are too cute......now you need to train them to drive the tractor :D

erykah1310
September 14th, 2008, 09:26 AM
First off, stunning pack Hazel!
And then to add some John Deere to the mix! I'm in hillbilly heaven :D
Great story!

Frenchy
September 14th, 2008, 09:38 AM
:laughing: omg those are just too cute ! :cloud9: and omg , Cass isn't just cute , she mows the lawn too ! :lovestruck: what a perfect dog she is :lovestruck:

I'm so glade Grace finally was able to try it on :D

hazelrunpack
September 14th, 2008, 09:39 AM
those are too cute......now you need to train them to drive the tractor :D

Done! Cass finished up the grass for the Hazel Run Daddy! :thumbs up :laughing:

First off, stunning pack Hazel!
And then to add some John Deere to the mix! I'm in hillbilly heaven :D
Great story!

hubby does his best swearing when he's trying to change out the mower deck or the snowblower or even change the inconveniently placed filters, but boy he smiles big when he's finally riding his tractor! :rolleyes: Cuz, as you know, nothing runs like a Deere! :laughing: Cass apparently feels the same! :dog:

I was trying to get into your last picture thread, erykah, but my connection isn't fast enough. :sad: How is your menagerie doing? :goodvibes:

hazelrunpack
September 14th, 2008, 09:41 AM
Y'know, Frenchy, if I could teach Cass to scoop poop, too, I could retire! :laugh:

erykah1310
September 14th, 2008, 09:43 AM
I was trying to get into your last picture thread, erykah, but my connection isn't fast enough. :sad: How is your menagerie doing? :goodvibes:

Everyone is doing great!:thumbs up

We're big Deere folk here as well, Kita and Bailey are both sporting John Deere collars complete with leashes ( although I can not find Kitas bright yellow one)

hazelrunpack
September 14th, 2008, 09:56 AM
Good for Kita and Bailey! :highfive:

I wanna get 7 more caps (one of them small for Grace :D) and get a group shot! Plus a few of Cass giving them trailer rides behind the tractor. :laughing:

But it's gonna hafta wait till we pay off the vet bills. :rolleyes:

Glad to hear that your crew is healthy and also John Deere fans!! Is Fay getting close to letting you ride yet?

Frenchy
September 14th, 2008, 09:57 AM
Y'know, Frenchy, if I could teach Cass to scoop poop, too, I could retire! :laugh:

:laughing: or ... I could hire her to mow the lawn here and send you her pay checks ;)

hazelrunpack
September 14th, 2008, 09:59 AM
Are you suggesting I become a...a....a....doggy pimp!?!?!?! :eek:

:laughing:

Frenchy
September 14th, 2008, 10:01 AM
Are you suggesting I become a...a....a....doggy pimp!?!?!?! :eek:

:laughing:

:laughing: if it makes you feel better , I could trade you .... hmmm ... Nelly for Cass ? Nelly would have so much fun with the pack :cloud9:

Gypsyhick
September 14th, 2008, 10:46 AM
What an amazing pack, HRP. Poor weeny-headed Grace (snicker)

I love an entertaining morning story with my coffee - this was off the charts fab-u-lous! Thanks so much for the photos and the giggles. :D

breeze
September 14th, 2008, 03:10 PM
I'm so glad that Grace got to try the new hat on, weather it was to big or not..

great story

great pictures..

and beautiful doggies ..

:thumbs up:thumbs up:thumbs up

hazelrunpack
September 14th, 2008, 07:47 PM
:laughing: if it makes you feel better , I could trade you .... hmmm ... Nelly for Cass ? Nelly would have so much fun with the pack :cloud9:

How about a short-term swap...or better yet, you send Nelly here first and when she comes home she'll bring Cass along for a visit! :thumbs up No...no ulterior motive for having Nelly come here first...and I'm sure she and Cass would get back to your house...eventually :whistle:

What an amazing pack, HRP. Poor weeny-headed Grace (snicker)

I love an entertaining morning story with my coffee - this was off the charts fab-u-lous! Thanks so much for the photos and the giggles. :D

You're welcome! And I won't tell Grace that you said she had a weeny-head! :laughing: :p

Thanks, breeze! :D I'm glad you enjoyed it!

TeriM
September 15th, 2008, 01:37 AM
Such a wonderful story :lovestruck: and the only thing better then the story was the fabulous pictures :cloud9:.

Is that a regular hat or one made for the dogs?

Love4himies
September 15th, 2008, 07:13 AM
I LOVE your pictures and captions, hazel, and your captions crack me up :laughing:. Your pups always looks so dashing :lovestruck: :lovestruck:.

Chris21711
September 15th, 2008, 09:09 AM
Those long silky ears do me in every time I see them Hazel :cloud9: You are hilarious to boot. :)

hazelrunpack
September 15th, 2008, 10:35 AM
It's a hat marketed especially for dogs, TeriM! There is actually an entire store at the mall that sells only John Deere stuff--everything from green salt-shakers to dog apparel to jigsaw puzzles! :eek: Blew me away when I saw it! :laughing: And it's always busy!!!! :shrug: Go figure.

Thanks, L4H--glad I could make you smile. :D

And Chris, I'm glad you were able to download the pics! :highfive: I can't get into page one of my own thread this morning. :rolleyes:

14+kitties
September 15th, 2008, 10:41 AM
Hazel - John Deere anything is a great collector item. We have a customer who is actually opening his own small museum with tractors. He owns about 50 or so of them. He also has one bedroom of his house jammed packed full of shelving units with every little JD thing you can think of. That will all be going into the museum. Over the years he has spent probably close to half a mil on this stuff. He calls it his kids inheritance. Yeah, the man is loaded!

hazelrunpack
September 15th, 2008, 10:55 AM
Think your friend wants to buy some pics of dogs modeling John Deere apparel and equipment? I know where he can find some cheap! :laugh:

That whole collecting phenomenon is beyond me, but I guess seeing the smile on hubby's face when he's on his tractor mowing the lawn sort of gives me an inkling... I can tell he's enjoying himself...I just can't fathom why!!! :laughing:

Frenchy
September 15th, 2008, 11:10 AM
No...no ulterior motive for having Nelly come here first...and I'm sure she and Cass would get back to your house...eventually :whistle:

Yessss , right :rolleyes: :laughing:
Your pups always looks so dashing :lovestruck: :lovestruck:.

:lightbulb: that's it ! They should be models ! Hazel , you must send those pictures to John Deer company !!!!!! :thumbs up

Chris21711
September 15th, 2008, 11:27 AM
And Chris, I'm glad you were able to download the pics! :highfive:

So am I Hazel, because right now it is being a pig, I'm trying to look at pic threads now and it's ajoke, 'cept I'm not laughing :frustrated:
I can't get into page one of my own thread this morning. :rolleyes:

Man I hate dial-up.

Ford Girl
September 15th, 2008, 02:52 PM
Awww, another great story and fabulous pics Hazel...your pack is georgous!!! The hat is to cute.

hazelrunpack
September 15th, 2008, 09:27 PM
:lightbulb: that's it ! They should be models ! Hazel , you must send those pictures to John Deer company !!!!!! :thumbs up

Maybe I'll make the pics into posters and auction them off at the John Deere store in the mall. :p

Awww, another great story and fabulous pics Hazel...your pack is georgous!!! The hat is to cute.

Thanks, FG. :o