Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Skylar, the doggy trash compactor.

Stacer
September 13th, 2008, 07:16 PM
Skylar ate the red wax from a small Babybel cheese. I left it sitting on the coffee table when I went to check on laundry. I didn't notice it was gone until she was "smiling" at me and I could see all this red gunk in her teeth. At first I thought OMG she's got inflamed/bleeding gums. Then I saw a bit of wax on the table and realized she'd eaten it.

Do you think I should I be concerned about this wax in her belly?

She's like a canine garburator, last week she ate an entire container of cookies, that were at the very back of the counter. I snuck up on her countersurfing once (she only does it when we're not home or she thinks we're sleeping) and I witnessed her technique, sneaky little bugger she is, up on hind legs reaching with paw and snout, knocking things closer to the edge.

BeagleMum
September 13th, 2008, 08:18 PM
LOL, silly girl!! I am not too sure if I would worry about the wax, I would imagine that it would soften up and pass right through her. Spencer ate a whole myffin wrapper once, ate the thing whole. I turned away for like 2 seconds and when I turned back it was gone and he was licking his lips.

mollywog
September 13th, 2008, 08:20 PM
I wouldn't worry about it Stacer. Molly did the exact same thing this summer- ate a piece of wax from a Babybel, and she passed it the next day. Silly dogs! :crazy:

Stacer
September 13th, 2008, 08:50 PM
OK good, that's a relief! I assumed the heat in her guts would soften it or the stomach acid would break it down to a certain degree, but wasn't completely sure.

I'll be on turd guard tomorrow to see if it passes.