Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

A little update on Maks and Czarina

ancientgirl
September 13th, 2008, 04:23 PM
I've been giving Maks antibiotics for about a week and I've got only two more of the steriod pills to give him. His lip is just about back to normal. I think in another day or so and it will be okay. I had an appointment for him this coming Monday, but I'm going to cancel and just wait to see the vet for his Junior Wellness exam. The appointment is October 9th I believe. I'm taking Kiska as well. They'll do a blood test and an over all exam. I don't foresee any problems, but I like to do this for them at least once a year along with taking them every few months just for a little check up, just to make sure they're all good.

As for Czarina, she's actually doing very well. I've been leaving her out with the rest of the gang while I've been at work this past week and everything seemed to have gone well. I've been considering today whether to let her stay out overnight. I'll have to see, but I may keep waiting on that. She seems to be ready for some alone time by the time I start to get things ready for bed. I think that's fine. She's got all day to be out and she spends a lot of the day on my bed just chilling and then more time downstairs on one of the orange chairs in the company of the others.

The only thing I don't like is she's taken to chasing Maks. She won't mess with Kiska, because Tiny Miss will stand her ground, but Maks is so non-confrontational and such a shy and nervous little guy anyway, I guess she can read that. When I see her doing this I give her a firm NO. She may do it while I'm not home, but I don't like seeing her do this while I'm home. I know they all bully each other to a certain degree, but not on my watch.

All in all, things are pretty good in the household.

kathryn
September 13th, 2008, 04:44 PM
Can I ask how you even pronounce your cats names? Everyone's pets names on here are all awesome and fancy... I thought Maxwell was such a sophisticated name until I cam here :laughing:

Glad to hear Maks' lip is doing better.

ancientgirl
September 13th, 2008, 05:03 PM
Czarina is pronounced without the C. It's the Russian form of Czar, which means Caesar.

Maks, is just short for Maksimilian, just the Russian spelling for Maximilian.

I didn't set out to give them all Russian names, but I've always loved the names I gave them, and having them gave me the opportunity to give those names to these little creatures whom I love so dearly.

And just to let you know, I almost named Vlad, Osiris, and Oksana, Bast. LOL, so they could just as easily all have Egyptian names.:D

chico2
September 13th, 2008, 05:04 PM
AG,it sounds all good to me,Czarina chasing Maks is not all that bad,as long as he has a safe plac,where he can jump up to..
You've done wonders with her:thumbs up

ancientgirl
September 13th, 2008, 06:03 PM
Chico, he manages to get away from her, and since he's way skinner than her LOL, he can hide under a little table she doesn't fit under.

It's not all roses, but I'm happy things have progressed as well as they have. I'm happy she's been able to assimilate herself into the household as well as she has, especially since it was just such a nightmare the first time around. I think maybe she's happy here.:D

hazelrunpack
September 13th, 2008, 10:33 PM
It sure does sound like she's finding your place to her liking, AG. :D I'm so happy she's doing so well this time around! :grouphug:

luckypenny
September 13th, 2008, 10:58 PM
Congrats ancientgirl. You're persistence, patience, and love have started to pay off :thumbs up. What wonderful news!

Chaser
September 13th, 2008, 11:00 PM
Glad things are going well for you! :D

rainbow
September 14th, 2008, 03:18 AM
AG, I'm so glad to hear that everything has finally worked out for you and your kitties. :thumbs up

chico2
September 14th, 2008, 07:30 AM
Of course she's happy with you,just like with my cats,personalities will sometimes clash,that does not mean they are unhappy.
Czarina is one lucky little girl to have found you and she knows it:cat:

ancientgirl
September 14th, 2008, 08:43 AM
Thanks guys. There are still times when I wonder if I'm nuts, but all in all, things have worked themselves into a sort of crazy harmony. I can't imagine not having any of them here with me. Still a work in progress, but I'm realizing any home with more than one cat is always a work in progress.

krdahmer
September 14th, 2008, 01:12 PM
Chico, he manages to get away from her, and since he's way skinner than her LOL, he can hide under a little table she doesn't fit under.

I think maybe she's happy here.:D

Oh I think she is definitely happy there! You can see it in the pictures!

And Maks is smart cookie.... stay small and you fit under the furniture... that's what Smoke does here... she always has the hutch, she's the only one tiny enough to get under it!

14+kitties
September 14th, 2008, 01:20 PM
:thumbs up Good job!!! :angel: :thumbs up

ancientgirl
September 14th, 2008, 01:20 PM
I hope she likes the digs she's got now :D. Her former stomping grounds are all changed, and I think it would be hard for her to hang out there anymore since they've added a lot of new plants and wood chips.

I don't see Maks getting any bigger. He's about twice the size he was when I got him, but he's still a small guy. I hope he stays that way. He's lean and really active and I think he's a perfect size.:cloud9: I'm thinking it runs in his family, since Kiska is still rather small.