Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Sugar went in to say hi

lotus
September 11th, 2008, 12:28 PM
On Tuesday Sugar went for her first grooming ,she did very well. We went to the groomer I used to use. Gave him her history he thought she would be a challenge but she fooled us both.
Anyway after her grooming we were close to the HS so we dropped in for a quick visit. Sugar was showing everyone her new hair cut and they were so amazed at how well she was doing. Everyone came to see her and remembered how bad she was when came to them. They said she doesn't even look like the dog they had, she looks so healthy and not timid anymore.
I would also like to add if you have ever gotten a pet from the HS or SPCA they really do love to see them and they do remember. I know it's only been a few months since we brought her home. But they could still remember how sick she was when they seized her.

Love4himies
September 11th, 2008, 01:29 PM
Shelter folks can get attached to the animals as can fosters and often wonder how they are doing. I would love to get updates on my previous fosters.

phoozles
September 11th, 2008, 02:05 PM
I agree - that's great that you did that - the shelter probably really appreciated the update! :thumbs up

BenMax
September 11th, 2008, 02:38 PM
I for one always enjoy the updates I receive. It puts my mind at ease that infact it was a good placement. I try to maintain communication with the people who adopt. I will send them greeting cards on the date that the dog was adopted. This encourages them to send pictures and brag.

It is difficult working in shelters and rescues. You see so many horrible things and when one is adopted and saved - it makes everything worthwhile. When people bring in their pets or give you updates....well there is nothing better than that!