Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Shes pregnant.. AGAIN!!!!! --- Rant!

babymomma
September 10th, 2008, 08:34 PM
I know alot of you devote your time to feeding/taking in stray cats. But i am devoting my time to feeding a dog that is pregnant! Heres her story:

Shes a Lab mixed with a Huskey, Never been to a vet in her life, doesnt know whats its like to have a bath or to be truly loved.. Shes ussuallyu tied up outside but when she is pregnant they let her roam and they also stop feeding her in hopes the puppies will die and they wont have to go through the trouble of finding them homes ( There 12 year old daughter told me this, but its no trouble to tell this on your own) I have been feeding her for the last 4 litters she've had ( She used to lose weight when pregnant, but now she gains because I feed her. We feed her high quality food ( Eagle pack holistic select i beleive its called) And she needs 3 cups of this daily (Acording to a vet we consulted) ... She is such a sweet dog.. She loves me with all of her heart and i love her with all of mine and i pity her so much.. I have reported them before to the spca but they didnt do anything about it! :wall: This dog is very sweet, but she is aggressive towards dogs (she've tried to attack keely, but she stops dead in her tracks because she respects me and my property and she backs down) So not only is she adding to to pet over population, but she is giving birth to dogs with temperment problems ( A few of her older pups still live in the community and they are sooooo dog aggresive! ) And another thing! Her father is a black lab mix called "Cass" And guess who fathers her puppies!!!!... Cass do!!!!:wall::wall: The puppies are born with sooo many health problems!! I dont know what to do! I will continue feeding her. But i need you guys to help me write a letter to the spca stating that she needs to be taken from these people! She is not trained, she is so sweet, i want to mention that she chases cars and attacks dogs and her owners look at her through the window and dont do anything. There is a goat that follows her around (Free roaming and also belongs to the same people) I want the goat to be taken to a better home too.. Also i dontr want them to put her to sleep because of her aggression to other dogs, I need to state that she is aggressive but with some training she would be fine. please help! I hate these people!

Frenchy
September 10th, 2008, 08:46 PM
I can't help with writing the letter ( I suck at it and me being french doesn't help :o) but omg that poor dog !!! Are there any rescues in your area (try petfinder.ca and it would give you dogs listed in your area if you put your postal code) and you could see a few rescues names , if you write to them , maybe they could help too ? They can't remove the dog like the spca can but they could maybe write to spca too. :shrug:

:sad:

kathryn
September 10th, 2008, 09:34 PM
Post for help on Craigslist.

http://newfoundland.en.craigslist.ca/pet/

(side note: holy heck do you live in the middle of nowhere? CL is empty for your region!!)

Uhhh.

If the dog isn't wearing tags and is not chipped and continues to come on your property she becomes your property.

Call the cops. I know you don't want her put to sleep but maybe someone at one of the shelters can help her. Keep bugging the SPCA. They are pretty much useless here too so don't feel bad. I reported a neglected dog about 2 weeks ago and nothing has been done.

the gang
September 10th, 2008, 09:42 PM
or the dog can disapear :evil:

Love4himies
September 11th, 2008, 08:11 AM
Yes, that dog needs to disappear and be found by a caring family :yell::mad:

14+kitties
September 11th, 2008, 08:16 AM
I gotta agree. A dog who is allowed to roam free would be very easy to make "disappear". Not that I am condoning dognapping but it sounds like this poor gal needs a new home fast. These people clearly do not deserve to have dogs if this is what is going on.
Maybe the goat could magically disappear too. :rolleyes:

Puss'FavPerson
September 11th, 2008, 09:15 AM
I agree, these people deserve for their dog to "disappear" ... but, what about the fate of some other poor dog as well ... I mean, what if they get another to replace it? Some people just don't GET the whole responsibilty part of pet ownership, and are doomed to keep repeating their mistakes.

Seems the best is to get these people brought to the attention of the spca.
Are there other caring neighbours that would band with you to "hound" the spca (sorry, pun in poor taste, I know) into taking action?

I see all these shows on animal planet, depicting the good works of the U.S. animal control people ... is there a chance to really bring this situation to the public eye?

:frustrated:

Love4himies
September 11th, 2008, 10:57 AM
Withholding food is a criminal offense is it not and allows the SPCA to seize the dog?

ancientgirl
September 11th, 2008, 11:09 AM
How unbelievably cruel! Not only to allow her to keep getting pregnant but to starve her once she is!

I swear, if I had the means, I think I'd start some petknapping service to take pets away from people like this.

Purpledomino
September 11th, 2008, 11:36 AM
Personally, if she has a history of being dog aggressive and has gone after Keely I would not take the chance that it would not happen again. What happens if you aren't "on top of it" next time...what if she doesn't back down? It wouldn't take very much for a small dog such as Keely to get seriously hurt or heaven borbid killed if in a scuffle with a large dog like this. This dog may not be as forgiving to yours in the future when Keely is past the puppy stage, and really wants to assert her dominance.

It is a sad situation she is in for sure and people like that shouldn't be allowed to have animals in their care. If the SPCA doesn't take your complaint seriously, they may have a different viewpoint if you mention that this dog has attacked yours (and others) and you are worried about your dogs safety since she is allowed to roam. Withholding food in itself should warrant the dog being seized, as this is denying a basic requirement necessary for the dogs survival. Did you mention this to the SPCA? I know that you really like this dog and it is commendable that you have taken her under your wing and are feeding her. Are you prepared though that the SPCA can and probably should seize this dog? I am pretty sure that if you report these findings that she isn't being fed, has attacked your dog and others, is roaming loose and pregnant again...they will in the very least investigate. The SPCA is not supposed to ignore such reports, I would be shocked if they did not follow up on this.

If they still do nothing about it, I would take this into my own hands since she is free-roaming....haul her to the SPCA myself. This shouldn't be your problem, this should be their problem, this is what they are there for. In the meantime, I would keep your dog well away from her...especially since her health can be in question, and your puppy is still a baby. Good luck, and let us know how it goes. :fingerscr

BenMax
September 11th, 2008, 12:13 PM
Withholding food is a criminal offense is it not and allows the SPCA to seize the dog?

It is, however the dog is being feed (it does not matter by whom). The SPCA can cease the dog if there is no food, water and adequate shelter. The dog must be half dead for them to get a warrant to cease. The laws are not there to help this dog. Chances of them ceasing AND being successful to keep the dog are slim. If they were awarded the dog by the courts, it does not necessarily mean that the people will be ordered never to own another.

This is another example of our poor judicial system. The laws are not there for the SPCA to act accordingly.

Frenchy
September 11th, 2008, 12:37 PM
or the dog can disapear :evil:

I usually give that advice too, but didn't this time because I don't want babymomma to get in trouble as she's only 15 yr old. Of course , if she knows adults that would do it ..... that's another matter :D

krdahmer
September 11th, 2008, 01:18 PM
:evil: people! :wall:

I don't have any advise to add... but just want to send you some :goodvibes: & a big :2huggers: for having such a big heart!

babymomma
September 19th, 2008, 10:58 AM
Thanks everybody for you help!! Sorry i havent been on lately to respond but I have read all of the replies and the dog WILL be disappering very soon. And will be taking to the shelter.. and they wont be able to get her back without getting her spayed :) (If they ever find her at the she;ter of even thake the time to look for her) Thanks again everybody!!

14+kitties
September 19th, 2008, 01:06 PM
:thumbs up

Love4himies
September 19th, 2008, 01:16 PM
Right on :thumbs up

Soter
September 30th, 2008, 08:37 AM
i would take her home if i could but of course i live in ireland:rolleyes: