Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Jindo confused about his Name!!!!, walks. NEED helP

jindo4life
July 18th, 2004, 12:02 AM
Does Pets Mart offer good training courses? And by the way, when im walking him after like 25 mins Jin just stops and doesnt want to go any further. I dont want to be mean and yank the leash hard to tell him we have to go. We were sitting in the same spot because Jinny didnt want to leave! How do I stop this bad habit of Jin just all of a sudden stoping and not going further. It was so late my dad had to drive us back home. Does Pets Mart offer good training courses? How do I stop Jins bad habit of just not wanting to walk or his adrupt stops? Hes fine most of the time but after a while he just stops.Does Pets Mart offer good training courses? Also Jin doesnt seem to know his name. He doesnt look over here when i say JIN. How do i tell Jin that THATS his name?

Luba
July 18th, 2004, 12:15 AM
Maybe there is a reason he is stopping. Perhaps he's thirsty, tired, in pain, his paws may be hot from walking on hot concrete.

Just keep using his name he'll get it, unless he's deaf.

jindo4life
July 18th, 2004, 12:16 AM
Hmm .. that could be a good reason.. thanks for the solutions!! :)

By the way How do I tell Jin that THATS his name though. He doesnt respond to it.

And does Pets Mart have good Obedience Classes?

Lucky Rescue
July 18th, 2004, 12:18 AM
Are you aware that you have asked if Pet Smart offers good training courses 6 times? :D

I guess their courses are adequate for beginning training. Someone here may have gone there for training and can tell you more. Of course it depends on the trainer at that particular Pet Smart.

Is it hot where you are? Walking for 25 minutes in high heat would be too much for a puppy. Take short walks more often instead and try to go in the morning or evening when it is cooler.

To teach the dog his name, get a toy and/or a treat. Put his leash on and call his name. Give the leash a gentle tug. As soon as he looks at you, give a treat or toy immediately. He will associate his name with good things. As he seems to learn his name, get a little further from him, call "JIN"! and when he comes praise and/or give treat.

jindo4life
July 18th, 2004, 12:23 AM
LOL sorry about that LR..im just really worried and scared that the puppy is feeling neglected being outside and all. I invite him indoors try to lure him in etc etc but HE REFUES TO COME IN..its insanely wiered :( ... I want to train him and be with him at a GOOD SCHOOL and see his devoplemt. So we can spend time togehter indoors and out. So far ive beeing going outside to meet with him train him woo him prasie him etc..Im just scared im neglecting him becuase hes outside and im in you know? I walked him tonight and he did run more that he used to at day.. I think im running to much for the young pup..

but LR I serisouly think this dog is a huskie mix with chow and jindo. He has green eyes the whole huskie white outline but his skin is orange/tan and his body frame is all Jindo. His nose is pink to( Jindos noses are black). I dont even know what he is anymore!! Ill try to post pics up

I live in the Lone Star State TEXAS..yehaw
i dont own ranch animals neither :p

Luba
July 18th, 2004, 12:24 AM
Feed him indoors he'll start to associate indoors with good things.

jindo4life
July 18th, 2004, 12:27 AM
I did.. he takes the food and RUNS OUT the door..going to his "spot
" by the door. My dad says I should just give up and let him just be an outside doggie..but still i dont want him to be away from me..also do huskies have green eyes? Im scared that hes blind because jindos usually dont have green eyes..

also..from Freyjas experience, how in tarnations do you get a dog into a dog house or crate. My Jin seems to avoid it. Is this natural? Freyjas doggie seems to love his crate

Luba
July 18th, 2004, 12:41 AM
How does he take the food and run out the crate?

jindo4life
July 18th, 2004, 10:53 AM
Like I give him food in there, he takes a mouth ful, runs out and eats it outside.. I dont even know how to put him in there in the first place!! He hates it...Im trying to make it his bed so he doesnt have to sleep on the concrete..what are some indistintice features of a huskie?

Lucky Rescue
July 18th, 2004, 11:07 AM
Has this puppy ever been in a house before? Can you post a pic of him? It's impossible for us to tell you what breed he is if we can't see him.

Here's a bunch of info on crate training.
Crate training (http://www.wonderpuppy.net/canwehelp/crate.htm)

jindo4life
July 18th, 2004, 11:13 AM
No his previous owners wouldnt let him in the house.. we trieed bringing him in but he ABSOLUTLEY REFUSES..he wont come in for me, food, toys or anything! Dad says we should just make him an outside dog. Now I sped roughly about 8-12 hours outside just hugging and playing with him. Im going to start the real training after I come back from church today. One time I slept with him in the gaezbo.! He liked that alot. Im going to camp outside if my parents will let me! And when my parents go on a honey moon im going to sleep outside in the tent with JIN! its gonna be great. Ill try to send pics up, how do you though?

( thanks for the info!)