Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

My girls

CearaQC
September 10th, 2008, 12:27 PM
Been out in the woods a lot lately. My new hobby is wild mushroom hunting. We don't eat any of them, but we take lots of pics!

http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k29/Ceara_QC/DSCF0010-1.jpg

Love4himies
September 10th, 2008, 12:31 PM
Oh my, Sheeba is all grown up :lovestruck:.

Sandy and Sheeba are looking so good.:thumbs up

Frenchy
September 10th, 2008, 12:33 PM
The girls are looking good ! :thumbs up

onster
September 10th, 2008, 12:34 PM
awwww shes all grown up :cry:

Theyre both so gorgeous! :lovestruck::cloud9:

Wild mushroom hunting eh?? pretty cool! why dont u eat of the mushroooms? (provided ure sure theyre not poisonous)

Winston
September 10th, 2008, 12:47 PM
CearaQC there you are! I was wondering about you! My god Sheeba is all grown up! Did you change Belle's name to Sandy? They both look really great! :thumbs up well were is the wild mushroom picture?

Cindy

CearaQC
September 10th, 2008, 02:58 PM
Well, her name was Sandy before she came to us. I tried to change the name to Belle but it never went over well with her, so Sandy she still is. :laughing: I have Sandy Belle in my sig to cover it all so people don't get confused that once knew her as Belle.

We don't eat the shrooms for multiple reasons.

1. I only have two reference books, and still learning. Many look-alikes and it could be very easy to make a mistake and end up eating one that isn't good.
2. I've only found a few types good to eat but there were never enough of them to bother picking. All the rest are either poisonous or unknown if edible.
3. Until I get better informed, not going to eat any of them. If you eat the poisonous ones you could either die in a week from liver/kidney failure, or at the very least have gastrointestinal distress.

Shroom pics in the non-pet photo section. I have soooo many pictures but only posted the most recent ones.

Yes Sheeba looks all grown up. And what a character she is. I ask her if she wants to go for a walk/play ball and she goes bonkers. lol She's very very smart and vocal. She has definite tastes and wants certain things at certain times and will roo roo or poke us in the arm with her nose or move her mouth like she's trying to "talk," usually accompanied with a step/walk backwards movement that I can't figure out what it means.

Sandy is lazy. Other than our walks, which she loves, she is either asleep or sprawled out laying down. She won't play ball or fetch. She watches us throw the balls, looks unimpressed and thinks rolling in the grass is better. Two totally different dogs.

bryna123
September 10th, 2008, 03:03 PM
I saw a show on collecting mushrooms, and once you learn what to pick, you can make a nice extra dollar from the local restaurants. Ever see the pigs who sniff out the truffles? maybe you could train the dogs to be mushroom sniffers:D

happycats
September 10th, 2008, 03:06 PM
Awww they are looking so good! They must love walks on the woods, I know Buddy just LOVES it, all those sights and smells, and beasties in the trees :D

Ford Girl
September 10th, 2008, 03:09 PM
Yes Sheeba looks all grown up. And what a character she is. I ask her if she wants to go for a walk/play ball and she goes bonkers. lol She's very very smart and vocal. She has definite tastes and wants certain things at certain times and will roo roo or poke us in the arm with her nose or move her mouth like she's trying to "talk," usually accompanied with a step/walk backwards movement that I can't figure out what it means.

This is typical young golden behavior...such clowns...always goofy. :lovestruck:

Hey you!! Where ya been? Sandy all recovered from her "past life"..and the litter? :angel: They both look so good. :)

ancientgirl
September 10th, 2008, 03:29 PM
Oh wow, Sheeba is really all grown up! What a little beauty. And Belle is looking wonderful.

TeriM
September 11th, 2008, 01:57 AM
The dogs look wonderful :lovestruck:.

But only one pic :sad:.

Love4himies
September 11th, 2008, 07:24 AM
Sandy is lazy. Other than our walks, which she loves, she is either asleep or sprawled out laying down. She won't play ball or fetch. She watches us throw the balls, looks unimpressed and thinks rolling in the grass is better. Two totally different dogs.

After raising all those pups she deserves retirement :lovestruck:

growler~GateKeeper
September 12th, 2008, 12:17 AM
Aww Sheeba all grown up what a purrty grrl :lovestruck: & mum Sandy's looking great as well, love the curly fur down her back :cloud9:

mollywog
September 12th, 2008, 02:52 PM
beautiful dogs! Are they mom and daughter?? :lovestruck:

rainbow
September 18th, 2008, 03:11 AM
WOW, look at Sheeba all grown up :cloud9: ......beautiful girls. :lovestruck:

rainbow
September 18th, 2008, 03:14 AM
We don't eat the shrooms for multiple reasons.

1. I only have two reference books, and still learning. Many look-alikes and it could be very easy to make a mistake and end up eating one that isn't good.
2. I've only found a few types good to eat but there were never enough of them to bother picking. All the rest are either poisonous or unknown if edible.
3. Until I get better informed, not going to eat any of them. If you eat the poisonous ones you could either die in a week from liver/kidney failure, or at the very least have gastrointestinal distress.

Ask your local mushroom buyers to help you. My dh picks mushrooms all the time and that's how he learned.......we haven't died yet. :D