Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Newbie from Montreal

madge
September 9th, 2008, 11:21 PM
Hello all,

When I was little I loved dogs and desperately wanted one, but my Mom would have none of it - which I perfectly understand now - so I had set this idea aside. Then about a year ago I bought a house with a fairly big yard, so I decided it was time to get a dog. I work from home, so I figured this would be a great setup. Shortly after, I met this terrific guy and we basically became inseparable. He finally moved in last May - with his two dogs. So I was thrice blessed. The two pooches are lovely and remind us every day of the importance of play, of loyalty and of just enjoying the moment. Of course there are some moments we enjoy less, like coming back from the gym to find the garbage pail contents strewn all over the kitchen. Or being 'taken' for a walk by the pooches, one of which is a german-shepherd/husky mix and pulls like there's no tomorrow. All in all we really enjoy them, but are also trying to find answers to a variety of questions. Hopefully this is where this forum comes in! I hope to be able not only to find answers, but also perhaps share some of our ideas - and sometimes just plain whine. See you at the next post!

14+kitties
September 9th, 2008, 11:24 PM
Welcome Madge. Very nice pic of one of your pups but I am afraid you will be asked for bigger ones. :rolleyes:
This is a great forum for learning, sharing and whining!! Stick around!!

Tundra_Queen
September 10th, 2008, 06:43 AM
Hi there! Welcome to the Board. Nice furbaby...do u have anymore pics? Larger ones maybe? *G*

hazelrunpack
September 10th, 2008, 09:36 PM
Welcome to the board, madge!

We definitely need some pics of both your furbabies! :thumbs up

Frenchy
September 10th, 2008, 09:42 PM
Welcome to pets.ca Madge ! Working from home :cloud9: is my dream. So not only did you get a dog , you got 2 and a BF as a bonus :thumbs up

madge
September 10th, 2008, 11:41 PM
Thank you all for the warm welcome!

Here are a few pics by popular demand! :thumbs up

The black and white furball is Celia - a.k.a. 'The TanK' - a german shepherd/huskie/lab mix and the black fluff puff is Arthur, a.k.a 'King Arthur', a border-collie/lab mix.

TeriM
September 11th, 2008, 01:30 AM
Welcome to pets.ca :). Your dogs are beautiful :lovestruck:.

Frenchy
September 11th, 2008, 12:19 PM
:lovestruck: They're too cute !

cpietra16
September 11th, 2008, 02:54 PM
what pretty eyes...so expressive:cloud9:

madge
September 11th, 2008, 04:53 PM
what pretty eyes...so expressive:cloud9:

Yes, Celia (the black and white) is particularly expressive. Sometimes I think she's psychic - say she's lying down somewhere near me and I'm talking to my boyfriend about something happy, or if I laugh, her tail goes - and I'm not addressing her at all. A very sensitive creature.

madge
September 11th, 2008, 04:55 PM
Welcome to pets.ca :). Your dogs are beautiful :lovestruck:.

thanks! We think so too :)