Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Poor Buddy....he's gonna be soooo mad.

krdahmer
September 9th, 2008, 02:23 PM
Poor Buddy is still waiting to have his surgery at 2 in the afternoon! They asked me to call back at 4 to check on him and told me he'll have to stay overnight! :sad: I feel bad for the tech that has to take him out of that cage for his surgery too, last time he was there he was in a cage for about 10 minutes and they had to get me to take him out as he was a hissy growly mess! (he was locked under a bathroom sink when his second owners didn't want to be bothered with him, so he gets a bit panicky in small spaces.) So anyhow the worrying continues... :needhug:

aslan
September 9th, 2008, 02:27 PM
:2huggers: aaaaw he'll be ok, just a little grumpy, but think positive. he'll love you to death tomorrow for rescuing him.

phoozles
September 9th, 2008, 02:37 PM
Poor little Buddy! :grouphug: He'll definitely feel a lot better when he's back home and lump free! :goodvibes:

Love4himies
September 9th, 2008, 02:39 PM
Poor Buddy,:grouphug:

Ford Girl
September 9th, 2008, 02:39 PM
Poor Buddy!!! Awww, little guy. Its so rough on them....and the tech. ha!

Big hugs to you and buddy!!! Think positive!

ancientgirl
September 9th, 2008, 03:04 PM
OMG, I can't believe they've been making him wait so long! Poor little guy. :grouphug:

I didn't know that about Buddy's previous owners. What a--holes.:loser:

chico2
September 9th, 2008, 05:23 PM
Dahmer,lots of:grouphug:for you and Buddy,just one night and he'll be back home,getting all the loving he needs,maybe some extra treats,if he feels up to it:grouphug:

rainbow
September 9th, 2008, 05:36 PM
:grouphug: :goodvibes: :grouphug: :goodvibes: for both you and Buddy.

krdahmer
September 9th, 2008, 06:00 PM
I didn't know that about Buddy's previous owners. What a--holes.:loser:

Ya you can say that about all his previous owners! The first was a stripper, who took good care of him (shots/microchipped/good food etc) until she found a new job and instead of taking him with her she left him with her crack head neighbours (and I mean that literally-the ones that locked him in the bathroom cabinet were serious druggies), then they gave him to my bil's girlfriend who left him outside 24/7, let him get really really sick and did nothing when the neighbourhood kids were abusing him and throwing him like a ball through a basketball hoop (thats what hubby caught them doing and put the fear into those brats!! :thumbs up).... and all that was before he turned 1 yr old!!! Talk about a-holes!!! :frustrated: But then he did pick my porch to hang out on all day, so all that turmoil never affected his faculties! He's one smart kitty! :lovestruck:

maybe some extra treats,if he feels up to it:grouphug:

:laughing: Buddy is ALWAYS up for extra treats.... that's why he's 19 lbs! :o And mommy usually caves!

Thank you all for the support for us both:grouphug:, I don't like that he has to stay overnight, just because I know how stressed he will be, he's never had to stay a night somewhere strange without me since I took him in. But I think maybe it'll be good too, because most of the drugs will have worn off and that way I may not have to seperate him when he gets home, so he'll be less stressed when he is back here. I called at 4 and he was still under the anestesia, but the tech said he was doing really well and to call in the am to see when I can pick him up. They were really busy so I didn't get a chance to ask about the lump, but this morning they explained that if I can't afford to send it out right now it's ok, they keep the lump for 6 months, so that way if it happens to grow back we can send the one they have already and avoid a second surgery maybe. They said the most important thing was to just get it out. I'll ask lots of questions tomorrow when I pick him up as they won't be so busy.

So tonight I'm going to keep busy... got to vacuum, take out the garbage and then BB10 and 90210 are on... and I can go to bed early so that I can get him early tomorrow! Should keep me from worrying too much. I've got to calm down... I've had a few panick attacks over the last week what with Buddy and the truck fiasco with hubby.... and NO money... the first couple were scary I thought I was having a heart attack... but realized that the symptoms were more panicky. I used to be on Prozac but have managed the last few years really well without it, I'm hoping they'll pass when some of the stress is resolved (like my Buddy is home purring on my chest! ;) ) I feel like such a bood sometimes, like I called, they said he's fine and I can get him tomorrow... but that didn't make a dent in my worry yet! I know you guys can understand... it's not a fact until they are home and covering you in fur again!

ancientgirl
September 9th, 2008, 06:52 PM
then they gave him to my bil's girlfriend who left him outside 24/7, let him get really really sick and did nothing when the neighbourhood kids were abusing him and throwing him like a ball through a basketball hoop (thats what hubby caught them doing and put the fear into those brats!! :thumbs up).... and all that was before he turned 1 yr old!!!

OMG! How can anybody raise kids like that?

I've got to calm down... I've had a few panick attacks over the last week what with Buddy and the truck fiasco with hubby.... and NO money... the first couple were scary I thought I was having a heart attack... but realized that the symptoms were more panicky. I used to be on Prozac but have managed the last few years really well without it, I'm hoping they'll pass when some of the stress is resolved (like my Buddy is home purring on my chest! ;) ) I feel like such a bood sometimes, like I called, they said he's fine and I can get him tomorrow... but that didn't make a dent in my worry yet! I know you guys can understand... it's not a fact until they are home and covering you in fur again!

I used to get those too. I haven't had a bad one in a while, but not long ago I felt myself almost there. Keeping yourself busy does help a lot!

Frenchy
September 9th, 2008, 09:11 PM
omg how horrible , I didn't know Buddy's story :sad: thank dog this is all over.

Don't worry , he'll rest and sleep tonight and will be all ready to get pick up tomorrow. :goodvibes:

14+kitties
September 9th, 2008, 09:49 PM
:grouphug::goodvibes: for Buddy and You! Next time you feel panicked PHONE!!!!!!!! I have had a few of those attacks. They are not nice.

Buddy's story is horrendous but I bet he doesn't remember much except for the fact that because of what he went through he got to meet his very, very special mommy. He wouldn't have it any other way! :grouphug::lovestruck::cloud9:

onster
September 9th, 2008, 11:19 PM
I never knew buddy's story..poor guy :sad::grouphug:

but sooooo lucky to have u as a mommy. dont worry he will be fine and EXTRA happy to be home with u :goodvibes::fingerscr

krdahmer
September 9th, 2008, 11:53 PM
Yep! I'm a bit nervous to find out about what their opinion is on the lump, but super excited to get him home asap tomorrow. Hubby has the van at work, so my dad is on call to come get me so we can get Buddy in the mornin. I called too about the payment, and I think again they are going to let me pay later in the month, they did it once before for Fagan too. That really helps out when stuff is tight like now and I have enough stress. I really love that they always seem to put the animal first.... while in the waiting room I've heard them on the phone with someone with a sick animal and no money trying to arrange something and telling them to bring their pet in and they'll go from there.

I just don't think I'll sleep much tonight without my 'sleepmask'!! :lovestruck: But that's ok, I'm sure Buddy will need naps tomorrow anyhow! :sleepy:

krdahmer
September 10th, 2008, 12:08 AM
And as for Buddy's story, it took him a while to totally trust me, and he is a bit aggressive at times if you approach him the wrong way or pick him up (Gerri got a good growl when she tried!), but other than that he is a very mellow friendly and affectionate big boy! You'd never know his first year was so crappy!

I dug up some pics from just after I took him in, maybe the first month or so the first two, then around Christmas that year (it was a busy cat year, took in Buddy and Fagan and his litter!).... I can't believe how small he really was at first, he does look young to me now. And that gold chair is the one he FILLS now! :eek::laughing: And there is no way him and Fagan would both fit in the same level on that cat tree now!! :lovestruck:

Oh and did I ever tell you guys his name was Bucca? For Sambucca, thats what the stripper named him... I thought it was an aweful name when I finally found out his real name (I'd been calling him Buddy, because I didn't know his name when he started to visit and sit with me on the porch). So I gave him a new start and a new name! And it so suits him.

lol and poor Smoke in that last pic.... her face just says 'mommy, what are they still doing here???!'

growler~GateKeeper
September 10th, 2008, 03:52 AM
oh poor Buddy :grouphug: I'm glad he found his way to you :thumbs up

:goodvibes: for tomorrow that he'll not be so stressed & all that

:goodvibes: for the results

chico2
September 10th, 2008, 08:40 AM
Love the pics:lovestruck:
What a horror story about Buddy,I don't understand such evil and never will:sad:
But Buddy now is in the best home he could possibly be:pray:for that lump to be nothing at all to worry about.
Your vet sounds wonderful,I think my new vet probably would be the same,or I hope he would.
I am now waiting for news,it's 8:30am,too early I guess for you to pick Buddy up:shrug:

ancientgirl
September 10th, 2008, 08:45 AM
I'm glad Buddy found his way into your life. He couldn't have found a better home.

Those pictures are great. Look how little they are!:lovestruck: And Fagan! OMG it's like I'm looking at Maks!:lovestruck:

krdahmer
September 10th, 2008, 09:21 AM
Tell me about it!! Maks and him could be brothers in that pic!

And Chico it wasn't too early... lol I called the vet at 8:01! But had to call back at 9 when the vet got in, I'm just waiting to get picked up now... going to get him!:thumbs up

ancientgirl
September 10th, 2008, 09:29 AM
Yay off to get Buddy.

When will you know what the bump was?

krdahmer
September 10th, 2008, 12:58 PM
Well I already know! Not even a need to send it away, it wasn't even a lump, it was scar tissue (although I find it strange that i never noticed it until a few months ago, I am also surprised the vet couldn't tell before cutting him open, but it was sort of deep...) so either he had a scratch from a scuffle here or from when he was outdoors. :shrug: :thumbs up Woo!

My dear dad paid for the bill too, so I don't have to worry about getting money to the vet, dad said pay him what I can when I can! :lovestruck: I am so a daddy's girl (he also loaned us the money for our rent too, we'll give him our oct gst check to cover it). And he stuck around today had a coffee and played a bit with the kitties (I think he's sweet on Fagan!) and we tried Wii golf! It was nice to have the company.

Buddy trucked around the house when I let him out, a bit wobbly on his legs, but not too bad, he has most of his neck and back of his head shaved and 4-5 stitches behind his ear, oh and even Smoke didn't hiss at him! I'll get pics of him later, after a throrough inspection of the house (he looked THRILLED to be home) he went and found a quiet spot (under Chase's bed) to sleep. :sleepy:

And I was right, the techs and even the girls at the desk commented on how angry he was yesturday, they couldn't figure out why because he's so sweet when I bring him in for check ups, so I mentioned the cabinet thing and now they get it. It took the poor tech a looooong time to get him back in the carrier, so I imagine he still wasn't happy this mornin! :o Boy did he brighten up when he saw me though! (makes you feel so special!:cloud9:) And once we went through the tunnel he was super excited cause he knew we were on the way home.

He goes back in 10 days to get the stitches out, and there is something crusty on the fur on his side, so I'll use one of the pet wipes later... didn't want to 'attack' him right when he gets home, let him settle in then I'll torture him with hugs and kisses later! :lovestruck:

ancientgirl
September 10th, 2008, 01:16 PM
Oh I'm so glad it was just scar tissue. And yay for your dad paying the bill!

It really is nice to see how excited they are to see you when you pick them up.

Buddy needs extra cuddles today.:grouphug:

Love4himies
September 10th, 2008, 01:24 PM
Glad to hear it was only scar tissue :thumbs up. Yup, Buddy will need extra cuddles tonight :cloud9::lovestruck:

14+kitties
September 10th, 2008, 01:31 PM
Well that's a load off your mind!!! Now you can stop worrying at least about that! Whew!!!!
I am glad to know that Buddy is ok! He is a sweetie. Even if he did growl when I tried picking him up. Next time I will do it properly.:rolleyes:
Now have a rest yourself and feel better!! :grouphug:

chico2
September 10th, 2008, 02:31 PM
Awww that's great news:thumbs up
I was sooooo worried it would be cancer,thats just the bestest news:yell:
:grouphug:to dad for helping out:lovestruck:..

krdahmer
September 10th, 2008, 03:46 PM
Buddy needs extra cuddles today.:grouphug:

Yup, Buddy will need extra cuddles tonight :cloud9::lovestruck:

I'm trying... but apparently I am on his **** list today! :rolleyes: I even tried bribing him with treats! :o I did get that goop off his fur though, and a few snuggles. I am a bit concerned though because what I thought was him just being a bit wobbly before now looks more to me like he is limping, favoring his right leg! I'll keep an eye on it, maybe they just hurt it trying to shove him into the carrier.:shrug: He's moving a bit slow and is hesitant to jump, which is fine, it'll keep him calm!

Here is our patient! :lovestruck:

krdahmer
September 10th, 2008, 03:49 PM
Doesn't look too bad to me at all. A bit swollen and I think 5 stitches.

ancientgirl
September 10th, 2008, 03:58 PM
Maybe he slept on his leg all wrong or something. Or it could be what you said, he might have gotten hurt while trying to get him in/out of the carrier.

krdahmer
September 10th, 2008, 04:00 PM
I hadn't thought of that... he may just be crampy from being in the cage all day and all night. Makes sense.

chico2
September 10th, 2008, 04:31 PM
Dahmer I thought he had the lump on his leg,boy was I wrong,but it looks ok:thumbs up
He looks good and I am sure he'll come around and be his regular self in no time at all.
He is such a pretty cat:lovestruck:

Winston
September 10th, 2008, 04:33 PM
Glad to hear everything went well! I just wanted to add that he is probably feeling the effects of the anethesia when he is wobbling..It stays in their system for a long time after..Im willing to bet in a couple of days he will be feeling and looking more like himself!

Sounds like you have a great family that supports you! love that!

Cindy

14+kitties
September 10th, 2008, 07:36 PM
Ouchie! Poor baby!! I would keep an eye on his limp and if it doesn't get better call the vet's office. They would probably know what happened. I know that it happened with one of the ferals after her spay. She limped for quite a while. On the odd occassion I see her now she seems fine.
:grouphug: for you and your boy. :cloud9:

Diamondsmum
September 10th, 2008, 08:48 PM
Could be the limp be from the IV?

awwe! I hope he feels better.. & sounds like your feeling better too.

Glad it wasnt too serious..

Frenchy
September 10th, 2008, 09:04 PM
ahhh I'm so glad the lump wasn't a lump , that's such good news :thumbs up

growler~GateKeeper
September 10th, 2008, 11:01 PM
Good news! :highfive:

The wobblies/limping might just be lingering effects of the anaesthesia usually takes them a day to clear it all out of the system :goodvibes:

hazelrunpack
September 10th, 2008, 11:20 PM
Great news about the lump, kr! :highfive: Is his limp better tonight? :fingerscr

krdahmer
September 11th, 2008, 01:31 PM
The limp is better this morning! He is still using the step stool I put by the bed to get up, but he's jumping down. He made me nervous though last night because he was parked at the top of the basement stairs, I wasn't sure if he had to 'go' and couldn't get down there... but then he went down so no worries. And he was super excited for breakfast today! And he came and laid on me, butt in my face as per usual morning wake up routine:yuck:, so I think he's feeling better.:lovestruck: They may have also gave him something for the pain yesturday which might have whacked him out a bit.

:offtopic:And as for me feeling better, yep, for sure.... the money issue is still there, but we have at least made a decision where hubby's truck is concerned, it's sold. His company is also doing their darndest to keep him on as a company driver until an actual position comes available, he'll just be hopping from truck to truck, whenever someone is off or away (which means we keep our benefits- such a big deal for me). He's been in his own truck since just after we got married and the first was also a lemon, and this last one just had too many miles on it not to have major problems, so we've been stressed about money more often than not since our wedding day. At least now I know there won't be any more surprise $1000's of dollars repair bills in the forseeable future which is a HUGE relief. I have so much respect for the guys that make having their own trucks work... it is such a tough job right now. And the payroll lady today said that he should actually make more on average as a company guy compared to what he's made so far this year as an owner operator. :thumbs up So it looks like we hit bottom and are back on the bounce! :D

ancientgirl
September 11th, 2008, 02:01 PM
Great news on both counts!

Does Buddy walk on your chest in the morning too? Vlad doesn't seem to realize he weighs 18 pounds and as of late, he's been waking me up for cuddles and to knead my arm OUCH!

I'm glad hubby got things straightened out. It's not worth it being owner/operator if you keep spending most of what you earn fixing your equipment.

chico2
September 11th, 2008, 04:43 PM
Dahmer,great news about Buddy:lovestruck:
Also about hubby,I think being an owner operator today is very difficult,I am glad he sold his truck,I bet he hated having to do it though,give him a huge hug,ok!

krdahmer
September 11th, 2008, 07:09 PM
Thanks guys! I think he's relieved too. We're taking a $45000 loss, but at least that won't keep getting larger now!

Buddy does plop himself on my chest along with my head and gives me headbutts in the face if I sleep in too long.... it's Palomine that likes to dig in and knead my arms at night and early in the am! And Windy has started sleeping just to the left of my pillow! (she hasn't slept with me since she was a kitten, always in the same room but never on the bed!:lovestruck: man is she soft when she snuggles against my arm!)

14+kitties
September 11th, 2008, 07:18 PM
Wow! The truck sold fast, huh? That's great! One less worry. Buddy is another less worry!! You are rocking now hon! :D
I am really glad to know things are turning around, however slowly. :highfive:
Now you gotta give me a time frame for our visit to Chris' :)

ancientgirl
September 11th, 2008, 07:18 PM
Aww, yay for Windy. It's so nice when they do stuff like that. Vlad hasn't done the cuddling and purring for a long time. I'm thinking he might feel a little jealous since Czari is now running around more often. Oksana is also another one who for a long time didn't sleep on the bed, but she's lately been doing that. :cloud9: I love being surrounded by them while I sleep. There are times during the night when one or two leave, but there's always one or two on the bed. :D

And as for the loss, as you said at least the cost won't keep going up and you can just go ahead from here.

Chris21711
September 12th, 2008, 10:02 AM
Yay for Buddy, and Yay for you guys that things seem to be looking up for you :thumbs up

hazelrunpack
September 12th, 2008, 11:21 AM
It does sound like things are looking up! :goodvibes:

Has Buddy totally forgiven you now? :fingerscr :cat:

krdahmer
September 12th, 2008, 02:47 PM
As of today... ya... of course that will only last until the vet visit to remove the stitches!:rolleyes::laughing:

And ya his brother bought the truck and his dad is going to buy the fuel, which should just cover what we owe his parents! :frustrated::shrug::D

As for Chris's... um... when were you thinking?

hazelrunpack
September 12th, 2008, 04:07 PM
Do you think Buddy would let you remove the stitches at home when it's time? It's really not that hard...you might be able to watch a tech do it at the vet first if you ask to help you decide. I just took Ember's eyelid stitches out with no problem...but then, he cooperates. It becomes more difficult if the subject decides to object... :o Think Buddy would cooperate?

krdahmer
September 12th, 2008, 07:00 PM
um.... from claw clipping experience... nope... not cooperative!:rolleyes::laughing: AND he's stronger than me! :eek::o Plus he does really well at the vets as long as I stay with him the whole time... he only freaks out if they take him to the back. He's a big mommy's boy!:lovestruck:

hazelrunpack
September 12th, 2008, 08:37 PM
:D So maybe doing it yourself isn't an option. :laughing:

Well, at least he doesn't totally freak for a vet visit... They just have to make sure Mommy is present at all times! :D