Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

This was such a nice idea !

joeysmama
September 8th, 2008, 06:17 PM
Yesterday we were in Boston for the day. We went to eat and the restaurant had a number of outside tables but it was later in the day--a little cooler- so no one was sitting outside. But I noticed that every table had a doggie bowl full of water that said MSPCA and there was a little note calling the restaurant an MSPCA Angel. We didn't have Cooper with us but I wished we did.

When we got inside every table was advertising Puppy Pancakes. It's a German restaurant and they make great potato pancakes. Every order of the puppy pancakes came shaped like a big dog bone and topped with creme fraiche and apples cooked in cinnamon. They were 5.00 each and the waitress thanked us repeatedly for ordering them. The are donating all the proceeds from the pancakes to the MSPCA.

I loved that idea and next time I'm there I'll take Cooper with me !!

krdahmer
September 8th, 2008, 06:27 PM
That IS awesome... I wish more places did small things like that! :thumbs up

Frenchy
September 8th, 2008, 08:47 PM
That is so nice of them !

People here in Montreal have a hard time bringing their assistance dogs to some restaurants !! :frustrated:

joeysmama
September 8th, 2008, 09:36 PM
Frenchy that's terrible !! You would think that at least an assistance dog would be welcome.:frustrated:

Two different people have told me that France is the best place to be a dog. They said the dogs are welcome everywhere but museums and doctors offices and no one thinks twice about seeing a dog in a restaurant !

Wouldn't that make life so much nicer ??

14+kitties
September 8th, 2008, 10:25 PM
That is so nice! There are a lot of places around here that could use that kind of welcome for animals. Maybe it will help get the message across.