Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Coco and Ollie are gone

badger
September 8th, 2008, 02:27 PM
I wasn't going to post about this but I have such a stone on my heart...
Ollie and Coco are both missing, Ollie since August 25th; Coco disappeared about a week later. While walking the streets and putting up posters, I try not to think about the 'what ifs' and to push aside the feeling that they would never have left me voluntarily. My heart goes out to all those people who are faced with the same painful mystery: what happened? where are they?
This afternoon, I will steel myself to go to the shelter which takes care of stray animals in this area (Berger Blanc).

Here are their pictures, just in case. I live two blocks below Sherbrooke in the Centre-Sud neighbourhood of Montreal, close to d'Iberville.

shirley1011
September 8th, 2008, 02:35 PM
Aww Badger, you have always been so supportive of others...we know how you must feel. Don't give up and know we are all :pray: for their safe return

Love4himies
September 8th, 2008, 02:42 PM
Oh no, badger, I am so sorry to hear that. Could somebody have taken them in?

14+kitties
September 8th, 2008, 02:56 PM
I am so sorry badger. I know all you do for these guys. :fingerscr:goodvibes: for you and them.

BenMax
September 8th, 2008, 03:56 PM
Badger - please try to check with the SPCAs as well. Some people already know about BB's reputation and opt to take them else where. Check there.

I understand how you feel. 3 years ago a child let my cat out and did not tell me until later that day. I searched and never found her. I went everywhere and knocked on everyone's door even if the news was bad - I needed to know.

My thoughts are with you.

Frenchy
September 8th, 2008, 08:20 PM
the shelter which takes care of stray animals in this area (Berger Blanc).

I'm so sorry Badger :sad: :grouphug: would they trust people enough to get picked up ?

:fingerscr that they will find their way home

growler~GateKeeper
September 9th, 2008, 12:23 AM
aww Badger :2huggers:

:goodvibes: :fingerscr :pray: come home Ollie & Coco :goodvibes:

Dog Dancer
September 9th, 2008, 04:18 PM
Badger, I truly feel for you. Just the thought of losing one of my pets strikes fear in my heart. Here's hoping they come home soon.

chico2
September 9th, 2008, 05:01 PM
Awww Badger I am so sorry,don't know what else to say:cry:
We all know how much you care for these kitties,it must be heartbreaking..
Hopefully they'll somehow find their way back,or you'll find them.
Where they outdoor strays,whom you were feeding and caring for??
:goodvibes::goodvibes:for them to find their way back safely:pray:

rainbow
September 9th, 2008, 05:40 PM
I'm really sorry to hear about Ollie and Coco. :sad: :grouphug: I hope you are able to locate them soon. :fingerscr :goodvibes:

glasslass
September 9th, 2008, 06:07 PM
I'm so sorry this has happened to you. Not knowing is worse than anything. I still feel really bad about my first Den-Den who went missing when he was just 8mos. That was 41 years ago and I'll never know what happened. :grouphug: Hopefully they'll find their way home or be found and returned.:pray:

badger
September 9th, 2008, 06:23 PM
Where they outdoor strays,whom you were feeding and caring for??
No, they were my own babies, so you would think...
Thanks everyone, I appreciate your support.
I'll be postering tomorrow again, further afield.
Haven't got up the nerve to go to the shelters. Some fool told me that they do 'sweeps' through neighbourhoods with a lot of strays. I knew that wasn't true but had to check. They only pick them up if they are confined somewhere and a pick-up is requested. Whew. It's hard to know if they would go to strangers. Maybe, if they were hungry enough.

Tundra_Queen
September 10th, 2008, 03:53 AM
I'm so sorry to hear about your missing fur babies. I hope you find them soon or they find their way back home to you!!!

chico2
September 10th, 2008, 08:28 AM
Badger,as difficult as it is,I would definetly check out the shelters.
I know of several people who hate cats and who would catch them and call HS,people who blame cats for everything going wrong in their gardens.
Not everyone feel about cats the way we do.
The worst case scenario, here in Oakville it's usually HS who picks up any kitty/dog on the road and they are documented,don't know about where you live,it's terrible to think of but at least you would know,sorry to bring that up:sad:

It's a little strange that 2 of them are missing,but please do not lose hope,they are out there and if they are used to going outside,at least they know their neighborhood and could find their way back home..
:pray:for their return and :grouphug:to you

bryna123
September 10th, 2008, 01:05 PM
You have to visit the shelters. Don't just phone either. The SPCA here has been known to deny having an animal over the phone, but when checked again in person, the animal is there. It happened to my brother, when his Lab went missing. He was there from day 1, and they charged him board for 3 days before they would release him.
I have heard of two other cases from here like that as well.

Chris21711
September 12th, 2008, 12:34 PM
Badger, have you heard any news :pray:

badger
September 12th, 2008, 01:34 PM
No :sad:
I found a dead kitten on the road this morning, which didn't help. I wasn't wearing my glasses so had to get pretty close to make sure, praying that it was an old bag or other rubbish. Why do people let such young cats wander, I don't understand it.

PS while fully admitting my own guilt that Coco and Ollie got away because of me.

poodletalk
September 12th, 2008, 03:01 PM
PS while fully admitting my own guilt that Coco and Ollie got away because of me.

Badger, why blame yourself? You do more good for the street cats in Montreal then most people. Unfortunantly, you can't save them all but you tried.

BenMax
September 12th, 2008, 03:23 PM
Badger, why blame yourself? You do more good for the street cats in Montreal then most people. Unfortunantly, you can't save them all but you tried.

Poodletalk is right Badger.

chico2
September 12th, 2008, 04:35 PM
Awww Badger do not blame yourself,we all know what you do for the dumped kitties in Montreal and don't give up on Coco and Ollie,they might still show up,as if nothing had happened:pray:

I am sure finding and probably crying over a poor little kitten,did not help:cry:

Frenchy
September 12th, 2008, 08:53 PM
Poodletalk is right Badger.

I second (or third :confused:) this. You are doing so much Badger , but you can't save them all. :sad: think of all the ones you already helped :grouphug:

14+kitties
September 12th, 2008, 10:11 PM
:pray::grouphug::goodvibes: All coming your way.

krdahmer
September 12th, 2008, 11:39 PM
Oh no! :sad: Badger :grouphug: I'm sending you tons of :goodvibes: & :pray: and we have all our :pawprint: & :fingerscr: here for their safe return!!!:grouphug: