Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

What's for lunch? Cathair please!

ancientgirl
September 8th, 2008, 11:24 AM
I just heated up some left overs from last night. I had so much going on at the stove and counter, I had to exile the gang from the kitchen. 2 on the floor and 3 on the counter makes it a little hard to cook.

You'd think that having no cats in the kitchen while cooking you'd be sans hair right.

um...wrong. LOL, I just found a black cat hair in my food. Didn't blink an eyelash though. I just smiled and thought of my sweeties and laughed it off.

Yep, I'm a crazy cat lady all right. And darned proud of it!

I've got this figurine btw.

onster
September 8th, 2008, 11:34 AM
lol

cat hair is just another spice in our house...its adds a certain je ne sais quoi :cloud9:

:laughing:

Hey I eat my food knowing full well that Bunduk probably took a lick of it while I got myeslf some water or something.....so if I can deal with cat saliva I can deal with kitty furr :D:crazy:

Jim Hall
September 8th, 2008, 11:37 AM
hey nothing like a big cup of coffee wuth some du hair in ti makes it chewy!!1

ancientgirl
September 8th, 2008, 11:41 AM
Oh yeah, I know some of my food as been likely been tasted by any one of them when my back is turned. What am I going to do, throw it away? It's not like they're lepers or anything.:shrug:

Love4himies
September 8th, 2008, 11:42 AM
We don't have to look at the cat fur as we pull it out of our mouths, we can ID by length :laughing:

onster
September 8th, 2008, 11:43 AM
yeah but ummm u know where that's tongue been :P:yuck:

but meh...Ill still eat it. lol.

bendyfoot
September 8th, 2008, 12:00 PM
Geez, I can't remember the last time I ate food that DIDN'T have some critter's hair in it!!!:confused:

ancientgirl
September 8th, 2008, 12:05 PM
LOL, I know this was Vlad's. It was black and longer than what Oksana's hairs are.

Aw...Onster, that little tongue was giving you little kissy licks.

I've got cat hair everywhere, so it shouldn't surprise me that it's in my food.

kandy
September 8th, 2008, 12:53 PM
Well dog hair & slobber are considered condiments in my house. LOL

It's funny that if I find a dog hair in my food, I pull it out and go on eating, no biggie (I can also tell which dog it came from just by the length) but if I find a human hair, it's gag-gag-choke and then I can't eat anymore. LOL Last weekend we somehow ended up with a whole chunk of dog hair stuck to the bacon. Of course dh wouldn't eat it, so he gave his to the dogs.......hmmmm.........maybe that was their evil plan to begin with?? LOL

ancientgirl
September 8th, 2008, 01:01 PM
It's funny that if I find a dog hair in my food, I pull it out and go on eating, no biggie (I can also tell which dog it came from just by the length) but if I find a human hair, it's gag-gag-choke and then I can't eat anymore.

Yep, same here. I found a hair in something I got at the Whole Foods salad bar. I had only just begun eating and I threw the entire salad away.

I mean, I know my cats are clean and healthy. I don't know the same about any other hair I find that doesn't belong to anybody in my household.

krdahmer
September 8th, 2008, 01:07 PM
:laughing: My Crazy Cat Lady status is so widespread around here I got that exact figurine from my brother's mother-in-law for Christmas a few years back!!!

And as for fur in the food and no cats in the kitchen... don't matter, the fur is floating in the air 24/7!!! It's so bad here that when I bring a dish to family gatherings, THEY don't even bat an eye when someone finds a fur!!! :rolleyes::laughing:

ancientgirl
September 8th, 2008, 01:26 PM
Yep, that was a Christmas present from last year for me too.

I don't mind so much the cat hair on my clothes and stuff and I know it's got to just be in the air at home, but I decided I have to buy a better vacuum cleaner. I've just got too much on the two rugs in my living room and theirs, not to mention on the carpet on the stairs.

I won't even mention my clothes.:D

kathryn
September 8th, 2008, 01:27 PM
http://i26.tinypic.com/sdpy5e.jpg

Haha, I get cat fur in my food daily. Every meal. Yesterday I tried sitting on the floor and eating at the coffee table. Not only did a ton of fur get in my food, I was at THEIR level and they all hopped up there and helped themselves to my asparagus and mashed potatoes.

Puss'FavPerson
September 8th, 2008, 01:57 PM
Cookie isn't losing any fur that I can see ... but she's very determined about getting into our plates.

I'm ashamed to admit, :evil:, I watched her lick the butter off hubby's corn on the cob the other day, squatting right on the cob, and decided it'd be best NOT to enlighten him when he sat down to the table.

What you don't know can't hurt you, and entertains me greatly!:laughing:

krdahmer
September 8th, 2008, 05:26 PM
I'm ashamed to admit, :evil:, I watched her lick the butter off hubby's corn on the cob the other day, squatting right on the cob, and decided it'd be best NOT to enlighten him when he sat down to the table.

:eek: :laugh: :laughing:
Ok now THAT visual is hilarious!!!:laughing:

kandy
September 8th, 2008, 05:30 PM
Cookie isn't losing any fur that I can see ... but she's very determined about getting into our plates.

OMG!!!!!!!!! ROFL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :laughing::laughing::laughing:

That's hilarious! Mean, but hilarious!

kiara
September 8th, 2008, 06:49 PM
I love the figurine with housecoat, pyjamas and slippers on. And all those kitties!!! Cat hair is just a part of being a pet owner. We have our furnace checked every year and the service guy said, "You sure have a lot of hair in here, do you have pets??" Yes, two female cats and strays on a regular basis.

Frenchy
September 8th, 2008, 07:35 PM
I watched her lick the butter off hubby's corn on the cob the other day, squatting right on the cob, and decided it'd be best NOT to enlighten him when he sat down to the table.

ohhhh I like YOU ! :evil: :laughing:

When I was living with my BF (now ex) I had my 2 previous cats and he did love them but always said : here , you crack an egg and can find cats hair in it :rolleyes:

:D

hazelrunpack
September 8th, 2008, 09:12 PM
Geez, I can't remember the last time I ate food that DIDN'T have some critter's hair in it!!!:confused:

Me, either! :o I have a trivet, prominently displayed near the table, that declares "The chef is not responsible for dog hair." :laughing:

Puss'FavPerson, you have a delightfully :evil: streak! :laugh: :p

Helene4
September 9th, 2008, 12:14 PM
Isn't cat or dog hair a good source of fibre?:laughing::laughing: It seems to make it's way in several of my dishes even when I'm absolutely SURE I took every precaution possible to not have a single hair in them:yell: I'd rather have cat or dog hair in my food than not have my sweeties with me:angel:! Don't you all agree?:)

Love4himies
September 9th, 2008, 12:22 PM

:laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing: Life lesson: don't leave food unattended when pets are in the house.

ancientgirl
September 9th, 2008, 12:29 PM
I'd rather have cat or dog hair in my food than not have my sweeties with me:angel:! Don't you all agree?:)

TOTALLY!:D

dmc123
September 9th, 2008, 04:54 PM
I rarely have an entire meal without a pet hair of some sort LOL, kinda used to it! Too many animals here to prevent it totally. I do worry whenever we have company though, they may not be so understanding :(

Diane

hazelrunpack
September 9th, 2008, 11:12 PM
With 8 dogs in the house, we very rarely have dinner company...heck...we very rarely have any company...so I don't have to worry about guests finding hair in their food very often. :laughing: