Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Loki, Misty and Max at the Field on Sunday

Brandykins
September 8th, 2008, 04:42 AM
My friend took this video clip of Loki with her friends, Misty and Max. I was so pleased to see she had enjoyed herself when I saw the clip. I was a bit afraid she would have been frightened after being attacked by 2 Staffies on Saturday, when I had her out for her walk. They pinned her to the ground and I couldn't get them to leave her - they were biting at her head, ears, mouth and eyes!! Fortunately for us both a chap came running over and kicked both of the dogs until they ran off. They were on their own. Loki's cries were heard all over. I was so frightened in case she took one of her fits!! Thankfully, she only suffered a bit out the end of her tongue. Now there is a small "v" at the end of it, the other piece is hanging from it but does not seem to bother her. I did call the police but without the name of the owner, there was nothing much they could do. I have found out though where the man lives and that may help the police. It would have been a child that they had attacked. They were jumping up on everyone who passed. My local shopkeeper, Javid, got them into his shop and he shut the doors so that I could take Loki back up here again. Anyway, she has been good and it was lovely to see her play with Misty and Max.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ilT5vyQ7pgk

growler~GateKeeper
September 8th, 2008, 11:03 PM
Aww sorry to hear about Loki being attacked :sad: I'm happy she's doing so well & it didn't affect her health or her desire to play with other dogs.

Great video she sure was tuckered out at the end of playtime :cloud9:

Brandykins
September 9th, 2008, 03:00 AM
Many thanks Growler! Loki was just so lucky that she has very thick fur round her neck! It was awful!! Still she is fine now, except for the small split at the end of her tongue!

She did enjoy herself with her friends!

Again, thank you.

Take care.

14+kitties
September 9th, 2008, 07:42 AM
Aww poor Loki! How terrible! I don't know why owners still haven't learned to keep their dogs under their watch! It makes you angry to think about those two running free and not under control. And not because they were Staffies. ANY dogs running free can cause a lot of mayhem!! :goodvibes: for a quick recovery on Loki's tongue. Keep an eye on it in case it gets infected.

ancientgirl
September 9th, 2008, 09:01 AM
Oh no, how terrible for Loki! Thank goodness there were people around to help. She must have been so scared.

I can't believe how irresponsible some people are to just let their dogs run loose. That's to say, if those dogs even have owners.

I hope your girl gets better soon. Loved the video. She looks very happy to be playing with her friends.

Brandykins
September 9th, 2008, 05:12 PM
Aww poor Loki! How terrible! I don't know why owners still haven't learned to keep their dogs under their watch! It makes you angry to think about those two running free and not under control. And not because they were Staffies. ANY dogs running free can cause a lot of mayhem!! :goodvibes: for a quick recovery on Loki's tongue. Keep an eye on it in case it gets infected.

Where I live it is against the law for dogs to be out on their own and also to be off the lead!! If caught, the dogs are impounded and the owners have to pay a hefty fine to get them back!! However, those two dogs didn't get caught!! I don't blame the dogs - just the owners!! Many thanks for the good advice and I have been keeping an eye on her tongue. It looks OK but will keep on looking at it until I think it is better.

Many thanks 14+kitties and Loki send you hugs as well:)

Take care.

Oh no, how terrible for Loki! Thank goodness there were people around to help. She must have been so scared.

I can't believe how irresponsible some people are to just let their dogs run loose. That's to say, if those dogs even have owners.

I hope your girl gets better soon. Loved the video. She looks very happy to be playing with her friends.

Aw many thanks AG:) She was scared and the cries from her I won't forget in a hurry! I was really upset in case she went into one of her epileptic fits! Thankfully, she didn't. Her tongue has healed although the part that came away - just a very small piece is still attached and I may just take her to the vet. Didn't want to stress her out just now.

Aw glad you liked the video - she had a great time on Sunday with my friend and his neice then back to his place to see his sister and parents - who all made a great fuss of her!! She loves people and children and loves it when people fuss over her!!

Many thanks for your words.

Take care:)