Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

King Ember and Princess Lil Belle's 6th birthday party!

hazelrunpack
September 7th, 2008, 10:59 PM
Time to party! :pawprint:

Princess Lil Belle and King Ember of Hazel Run turned 6 on 27 August. And, since such a momentous occasion could not go uncelebrated, the royal siblings hosted a birthday bash.

The Princess and the King received their guests on the deck.

Princess Lil Belle rolled out the first Kong and the festivities began!

TeriM
September 7th, 2008, 11:04 PM
Tap, tap, tap ..... anxiously awaiting more pics and hoping HRP line connections hold up :D.

hazelrunpack
September 7th, 2008, 11:04 PM
The Hazel Run Mama was kept busy throwing the Kongs.

Grace tried her paw at retrieving one...

...and then waited patiently for the Hazel Run Mama to come get it and throw it again!

Brier pointed out that perhaps Grace should bring the Kong closer to the HRM.

"Pshaw!" whuffed Grace. "She needs the exercise!"

hazelrunpack
September 7th, 2008, 11:13 PM
Brier thought to himself that those Kongs looked quite chewable...

So he stole Ms Muddy Mossy Messy Macie's and lay in the grass testing his theory.

"Hrumph!" barked Ms Macie. "What a brat you are, Brier!"

But having just spotted a Dangerous Butterfly wafting her way on the other side of the fence, she left Kong to the mercy of Brier and headed off on Butterfly Patrol. Keeping the grounds safe from Dangerous Butterflies was more fun...er...um...an absolutely necessary duty, anyway...

Bumblebees are fun...urm...dangerous, too....

hazelrunpack
September 7th, 2008, 11:25 PM
After the Kongs were tired and the Winged Varmints were vanquished, it was time for a little sustenance. The Hazel Run Mama filled Kibble Cube, the bestest Birthday Toy ever, and Princess-Queen Cass carried it out into the yard.

The Princess-Queen is the most talented Kibble Cube roller the Pack has ever seen.

"Well, Your Majesty? Aren't you gonna roll it for us?"

Being a good Princess-Queen, Cass is more than willing to oblige her subjects.

The whole Pack enjoyed snarfing up the tidbits liberated as their gracious Princess-Queen rolled Cube about the yard.

hazelrunpack
September 7th, 2008, 11:35 PM
But alas, even the bestest Brithday Toy ever eventually is emptied of goodies. The Pack had time to sniff Cube disconsolately for only a few seconds before the Royal Birthday Siblings announced the next entertainment.

"Gather 'round for a special treat!" woofed King Ember.

"Put your paws together for the Hazel Run Dancers!" yapped Princess Lil Belle.

Amazing Grace and Deputy Brier got up bashfully and took center stage and the dance began.

Bow to your partner...

Promenade!

Meet in the middle and do-si-do...

hazelrunpack
September 7th, 2008, 11:40 PM
The Pack began to thump their tails as the pace of the dancing quickened.

Twirl your partner!

Take him down and trounce his tail!

"Hey, Grace! That's not part of the dance!!!!"

"Hee hee heee", laughed Grace dancing away with Brier in hot pursuit.

The Pack barked with laughter.

hazelrunpack
September 7th, 2008, 11:54 PM
Alas! As is the case with most things, the fun can't last forever.

"Sorry, Brier," panted Grace. "I'm pooped."

"You sure?"

"I'm sure."

The pair stood up and made their bows to the watching Pack. The Pack thumped their tails in appreciation.

Grace and Brier then turned and made their bows to the Royal Birthday Siblings. The King and Princess bowed regally back and turned to the Pack.

"Thank you all!" barked King Ember.

"Yes, thank you all for coming," yipped Princess Lil Belle.

"Time to rest up for dinner!" called the Hazel Run Mama, and the birthday party
came
to
a
close.

happy birthday, king ember and princess lil belle!

The End

hazelrunpack
September 7th, 2008, 11:55 PM
Tap, tap, tap ..... anxiously awaiting more pics and hoping HRP line connections hold up :D.

:rolleyes: And it only took an hour! :o :laughing:

I guess I should be grateful that the connection held! :D

growler~GateKeeper
September 7th, 2008, 11:57 PM
Great Royal Birthday fun! Wow Esquire Brier & Amazing Grace sure put on a show :thumbs up

hazelrunpack
September 8th, 2008, 12:06 AM
They've been practicing since Grace arrived. :rolleyes: Nearly nonstop... :eek:

:laughing:

Wendy.H.
September 8th, 2008, 12:22 AM
Wow, that sounded like a great party. Wish I could have been there! Happy belated birthday to the King and Princess. :)

hazelrunpack
September 8th, 2008, 12:37 AM
The Royal Sibs bark 'Thank you!', Wendy H.

All our parties here are pretty good....noisy, anyway. :D And having so many in the Pack, we don't have many months without a party of some kind... So if you're ever in the area, stop on by! :thumbs up The Pack'd love to have another excuse to party! :dog:

TeriM
September 8th, 2008, 12:37 AM

But it was sooooooo worth waiting for :cloud9::cloud9::cloud9:.

Love all those pics and the captions were perfect :laughing:. I especially love the dancing exhibition :cloud9:.

hazelrunpack
September 8th, 2008, 12:39 AM
I'm actually surprised that the wrasslin'....er....dancin' pics turned out. It was a fairly gloomy day and they were movin' pretty durn fast! :eek: There were more pics, but they were pretty blurry. Grace and Brier seem to live at the speed of light... :o

TeriM
September 8th, 2008, 12:41 AM
Good thing you ended up with Grace then ;). Can you imagine all the extra energy Brier would have without her :eek:.

growler~GateKeeper
September 8th, 2008, 12:43 AM
:laughing: Destiny :thumbs up

hazelrunpack
September 8th, 2008, 12:53 AM
Good thing you ended up with Grace then ;). Can you imagine all the extra energy Brier would have without her :eek:.

http://foolstown.com/sm/obm.gif

hazelrunpack
September 8th, 2008, 12:55 AM
Hay, my lil melodramatic smiley isn't working tonight. :frustrated: Site must be down or something. :shrug:

ETA: never mind :o Now it's fine. Musta jus' been playin' a trick on ol' hazel! :laugh:

Brandykins
September 8th, 2008, 05:18 AM
Happy Belated Birthday Wishes to both!

Stunning photos of them all enjoying themselves. Love the flower piccy - great capture!

Chris21711
September 8th, 2008, 09:42 AM

http://www.pic4ever.com/images/2i8d4ao.gif

I am grateful that my connection held Hazel, they are truly a beautiful pack, so silky :cloud9:

breeze
September 8th, 2008, 09:55 AM
what a great party!! you and the pack always have great parties!!!!

14+kitties
September 8th, 2008, 10:01 AM
I look forward so much to your wonderfully told stories! You can tell the pack all have a great time at all your parties. The wres.... sorry, Dancing show that Brier and Grace put on was fabulous! Almost makes you feel like you were there. :cloud9::cloud9:

Love4himies
September 8th, 2008, 10:56 AM
What great pics, Hazel, and such entertaining commentaries! Looks like they had a blast :cloud9:

Dog Dancer
September 8th, 2008, 11:42 AM
Great pac pics Hazel. Happy belated birthday to the royal pair! I love Hazels stories, always a great fun read.

Ford Girl
September 8th, 2008, 12:28 PM
I love it Hazel - another great pawty at the run and beautiful pictures!!!

ancientgirl
September 8th, 2008, 03:45 PM
What great pictures. LOL, those last few all I saw were blurry spots, so I know they must have been having fun.

Great posing too!

HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY EMBER AND LIL BELLE!

allymack
September 8th, 2008, 04:41 PM
they all look like they had a blast. i love seeing pictures of oyur pack, and your captions are always so great to read!

jessi76
September 8th, 2008, 04:50 PM
happy belated bday wishes!! looks like it was alot of fun! such a good lookin pack!

chico2
September 8th, 2008, 04:50 PM
Great pics,great captions,those puppers are just a dream,silky,beautiful and very regal looking.
Happy Birthday to Ember and the little Princess

krdahmer
September 8th, 2008, 06:40 PM
:laughing: :lovestruck: :lovestruck:

http://bestsmileys.com/birthday2/10.gif

Frenchy
September 8th, 2008, 09:00 PM
"Hey, Grace! That's not part of the dance!!!!"

this pic it sooo cewl ! I missed this thread , I thought it was still their b-day thread (the one from last week) good thing I took a peak !!! They all look amazing :lovestruck:

hazelrunpack
September 8th, 2008, 10:18 PM
Ya, I love the ear action in that one, Frenchy! :D

Thanks, everyone, for all the compliments. The Pack is a'blushin' along with the HRM. We're all very happy that you enjoy our stories! :cloud9:

And the King and Princess thank you all for your very excellent birthday wishes! :dog: :dog:

clm
September 8th, 2008, 10:45 PM
Beautiful pictures. Your dogs are so pretty. I love setters. I must admit the English are the ones I've always liked the most. The variety in yours shows how different they can be.

Cindy

hazelrunpack
September 8th, 2008, 10:51 PM
Thanks, Cindy. :o

Yep, ES come in quite an assortment. Currently we're holding steady at 2 oranges, 2 blues, and 4 tricolors. They also come in lemon and chestnut flavors...but we're outta room! :laughing:

Smiley14
September 10th, 2008, 01:18 PM
OHHH, Hazel, these are gorgeous pics!!!! I love them!!!! :lovestruck:

Happy Birthday Princess Lil Belle and King Ember!!!!!!! :party: :party:

hazelrunpack
September 10th, 2008, 10:03 PM
Thanks, Smiley!

I have some coming from Brier's birthday party, too :thumbs up so there will be a few more....but only a few. Most of them didn't turn out...too overcast that day so they're mostly blurred :frustrated:

14+kitties
September 10th, 2008, 10:18 PM
Oh my! Look at that picture with all 8 of them. Absolutely stunnning!!!!! :cloud9:

hazelrunpack
September 10th, 2008, 11:07 PM
They're getting better at posing in a group like that...but hubby's legs are always in the picture, cuz he's the glue that keeps them together there. :laughing:

14+kitties
September 10th, 2008, 11:09 PM
Oooppss! :o Thought that was a small tree they were standing in front of. :sorry:

hazelrunpack
September 10th, 2008, 11:11 PM
Close enough. :o

:laugh:

rainbow
September 18th, 2008, 03:58 AM
:eek: I am so sorry I missed the pawty. :o :o :o

The story was great and loved the pics :lovestruck: .....especially the whole pack in front of the "tree". :cloud9:

Belated Birthday Greetings Ember and Lil Belle !!!

Kai'smom
September 18th, 2008, 04:03 AM
Hazel Congrats on their Birthday's - Such stunning dogs - thanks for sharing your pics and the fun commentary!

hazelrunpack
September 18th, 2008, 10:41 AM
You're welcome, Kai'smom....we're definitely happy to share. :D In fact, sometimes it's hard to get hazel to shut up about her furbabies. :o

rainbow
September 18th, 2008, 03:25 PM
Don't believe her.....she doesn't post enough pics of the pack. :frustrated:

Always blames it on Madame Hazel though. :rolleyes: :D

hazelrunpack
September 18th, 2008, 04:06 PM
You're just lucky I have a slow connection! :laughing: This way you only have to wade through words, not dig yourself out from under the pictures! :o

rainbow
September 18th, 2008, 04:10 PM
What's that you say??? .......You're S-L-O-W :laughing:

hazelrunpack
September 18th, 2008, 04:24 PM
Y - E - S !

:laugh: Well, madame hazel is anyway...the rest of us aren't so bad! :laughing: That madame hazel makes such a convenient excuse! :p

rainbow
September 18th, 2008, 07:36 PM
Man, that madame hazel is going to be so ticked off when she finds out she's getting blamed. :D

hazelrunpack
September 18th, 2008, 09:37 PM
But you know, rainbow, we really can't blame her too much. She's been postin' her lil fingers to the bone--not just this thread, but the fashion show thread! :D So madame hazel's done good this month. :thumbs up

There. Do you think that will assuage her? :eek: She's a real b**** when she gets mad! :crazy:

BrightEyes
September 18th, 2008, 09:38 PM
Oh my, how did I miss this! :eek: Happy belated b-day to the King and Princess! The pics are great and the commentary delightful :thumbs up
I love the last pic with all of them together.... just stunning.

JennieV
September 18th, 2008, 09:43 PM
Happpppppy Birthday!
the doggies are absolutely gorgeous, and such poetry in motion!
truly classy!
:lovestruck::lovestruck:

Frenchy
September 18th, 2008, 09:44 PM
In fact, sometimes it's hard to get hazel to shut up about her furbabies. :o

With 8 dogs , I would think you would talk about them more !!! :cloud9: :lovestruck: like you know , giving us your address / where they live and stuff :whistle: you know , small talk ....

hazelrunpack
September 18th, 2008, 10:04 PM
Oh my, how did I miss this! :eek: Happy belated b-day to the King and Princess! The pics are great and the commentary delightful :thumbs up
I love the last pic with all of them together.... just stunning.

Happpppppy Birthday!
the doggies are absolutely gorgeous, and such poetry in motion!
truly classy!
:lovestruck::lovestruck:

Thanks, guys... :o

You should see the synchronized digging and poop eating....really spectacular! :eek: :laughing:

But thanks for the compliments. I'm always happy to accept compliments. :D

Frenchy, I live at the corner of Nowhere St and Limbo Ave...near FlySpeck WI. When can we expect you? :laughing:

Frenchy
September 18th, 2008, 10:08 PM
Frenchy, I live at the corner of Nowhere St and Limbo Ave...near FlySpeck WI. When can we expect you? :laughing:

I just Map Quest it and this showed up ! :eek:

http://bestsmileys.com/winter/22.gif

hazelrunpack
September 18th, 2008, 10:16 PM
Oh, good! :thumbs up Winter must be just about here, then! :cloud9:

FancyAppy
September 18th, 2008, 11:32 PM
LOVE THIS!All the dogs are gorgeous and this thread has the most lovely photos. Happy
Happy Birthday Princess Lil Belle and King Ember

hazelrunpack
September 19th, 2008, 10:33 AM
The King and Princess bark their Royal 'Thanks!', FancyAppy. :dog:

pitgrrl
September 19th, 2008, 10:47 AM
These are the best pictures (and captions) ever!

Happy (very belated) birthday Lil Belle and King Ember !

hazelrunpack
September 19th, 2008, 10:49 AM
Thanks pitgrrl! They're basking in all the good wishes. :dog:

And I love your new avatar!!! (You know how madame hazel loves a man in uniform! :D)