Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Pics from Vancouver Pets.Ca Meetup

TeriM
September 7th, 2008, 10:27 PM
So we all met today and had a very nice time. The attendees were myself and my hubby, marko, dave, growler and scuba and I hosted a BBQ at my home. Here are a few pics :).

Clockwise from top left (man pointing is my hubby) hubby, marko, dave, growler, scuba (and of course Lucy is sleeping on Marko's foot)

Riley soaking up the attention

Marko and Dave

TeriM
September 7th, 2008, 10:28 PM
Group shot

Scuba and Lucy

Growler, Lucy and Riley

TeriM
September 7th, 2008, 10:32 PM
Fred decided to cooperate after Marko and Dave had to leave to catch the ferry. Desi was around earlier a bit but is very camera shy.

Fred can be bribed to visit with treats :D.

Heh, growler gives good cuddles

Fred checking out Scuba

14+kitties
September 7th, 2008, 10:43 PM
Very neat pics! Nice to put faces to more names!! :D Now I know what my potential kittynapper looks like I can head her off at the pass. ;)
Love ya' growler. :)
Looks like Fred might be a "victim" too soon. Be careful Teri!! ;)

hazelrunpack
September 7th, 2008, 10:43 PM
That pic of Fred mesmerizing Scuba is great! :laughing:

:cat:: "You will give the kitty treats. You will give the kitty something yummy. You will pet the kitty!" :laughing:

Looks like a great time was had by all! :D But Teri! There's no pics of you! I hope marko rectifies that little problem!

:cloud9: The perfect day... Even the weather cooperated! :thumbs up

growler~GateKeeper
September 7th, 2008, 10:52 PM
Here's some of my shots pets first....

Riley the HUGE black lab :lovestruck:

Sweet Lucy :lovestruck:

Sneak attack on Desi :lovestruck:

growler~GateKeeper
September 7th, 2008, 10:58 PM
I love this shot of Riley with his new toy so silly :laughing:

Riley & Teri w/Fred

Fred :lovestruck: he wasn't sure if he wanted to join the fun or not

growler~GateKeeper
September 7th, 2008, 11:08 PM
Scuba who brought yummy treats for the dogs w/Lucy

Dave posing for a pic

Marko explaining camera features

TeriM
September 7th, 2008, 11:13 PM
Growler, good shot of Desi :thumbs up and I love that pic of Riley with his toy :laughing: :lovestruck:. You'll have to email me those ones ;).

growler~GateKeeper
September 7th, 2008, 11:35 PM
Very neat pics! Nice to put faces to more names!! :D Now I know what my potential kittynapper looks like I can head her off at the pass. ;)
Love ya' growler. :)
Looks like Fred might be a "victim" too soon. Be careful Teri!! ;)

:laughing: Fred was so cute - alittle shy at first until Teri handed me the food container then he was Mr Lovebug :cloud9:

marko
September 8th, 2008, 12:18 AM
Hey GREAT Pics there everyone! Cool I see a lot of shots that i took that now i don't have to post! LOL.

I'll try hard to post a few later tonight...but just got checked in now and need food...so hungry. The ferry ride over here (Van island) is wicked cool! Great wind at the front of the ferry!

Thanks again Teri and D. (I'm sure I'll mispell) for hosting and it was really great to meet growler scuba and all of teri's furkids!

Sincerely Marko (dave too)

growler~GateKeeper
September 8th, 2008, 12:27 AM
Oh come on Marko you have to post - I know your pictures are way better than mine for sure! :D

hazelrunpack
September 8th, 2008, 12:30 AM
Riley with his toy! :laughing: :lovestruck:

marko looks like he's demonstrating how to break your camera! :o Looks like madame hazel when she's about to sledge-hammer the misbehavin' computer... :rolleyes:

Great pics, Teri and growler! And growler, great pic of Teri! :D Just exactly what the thread was missing! :thumbs up

Can't wait to see your pics, too, marko!

Brandykins
September 8th, 2008, 05:00 AM
Lovely photos of all. Love those cats!! The doggies are really stunning as well.

Good time had by all:)

breeze
September 8th, 2008, 07:51 AM
GREAT pictures Teri and Growler,

now where is Marko's pictures hummmmm

scuba where's your pictures??

so glad the wheather co-operated for you guys.

beautiful fuzz-butts :thumbs up

chico2
September 8th, 2008, 08:07 AM
Great pics Teri,Riley and Lucy are beautiful and Fred:lovestruck::lovestruck::lovestruck:a gorgeous kitty,the little Tortie looks like she came in as an afterthought:lovestruck:

Growler,I don't know why,but I did not picture you as a little young "thing':laughing:but then again,wisdom and maturity is not always something that comes with age..
Marko,Dave,Scuba and Teri's hubby all look like they had a good time:thumbs up
It looks like Scuba was a hit with all the furries,LOVE the pic with him and Fred!

Love4himies
September 8th, 2008, 08:13 AM
Growler,I don't know why,but I did not picture you as a little young "thing':laughing:but then again,wisdom and maturity is not always something that comes with age..

I was thinking the exact same thing about growler, chico

Great pics!

marko
September 8th, 2008, 10:17 AM
Here's a couple of pics done quick on Dave's comp...I feel so naked without my computer:eek:

Thanks again for the meetup everyone! Dave and I really had a good time :highfive::goodvibes:
Marko

marko
September 8th, 2008, 10:19 AM
and another couple.
I may post another couple when i return home...it's hard to see the pics properly without all my usual tools.

14+kitties
September 8th, 2008, 10:21 AM
I love all the pics so far. Teri - your place looks fantastic! Lovely furbabies too. :cloud9:

Stacer
September 8th, 2008, 10:22 AM
Nice pics. I love that pets.ca folk like to get together when we can.

Frenchy
September 8th, 2008, 12:31 PM
It's so nice that you guys met ! :thumbs up I love all the pics , but the dogs face shots are my fave :lovestruck:

Ford Girl
September 8th, 2008, 12:36 PM
Looked like a alot of fun!! Its so nice to meet people who love their critters as much as we all do.

TeriM - your pups are so adorable. Im a sucker for labs, they both looks so good. :) The kitties too of course.

Dog Dancer
September 8th, 2008, 03:54 PM
What great pics! Now I really wish I had been able to attend. Just as well I hadn't planned it though, had a migrane all weekend on top of the renos. But it was so nice that you folks were able to meet up and Teri was so nice to host. And the furbabies were on good behavior and had their best camera faces on. Yay. Oh and let's not forget that Vancouver put on her best weather performance too!!

allymack
September 8th, 2008, 04:37 PM
Looks like a great time was had by everyone! Great pictures!:dog::cat:

kathryn
September 8th, 2008, 05:13 PM
For the next meetup I need someone to come and pick me up please :D I'm only like 12 hours from Canada so not too far out of the way... still on the same continent right??? Dunno if you guys would want some little girl hanigng around them though :loser:

Nice pics though!! Looks like you all had fun

aslan
September 8th, 2008, 05:17 PM
Excellent pictures guy, i agree about the puppy faces, oooooh soooo cute. So where's the halfway point between Vancouver and Toronto:laughing:. Kathryn get hazel to pick you up on the way by...

Chaser
September 8th, 2008, 05:57 PM
Great pics! Love Riley with his roadkill :laughing:

hazelrunpack
September 8th, 2008, 09:54 PM
Excellent pictures guy, i agree about the puppy faces, oooooh soooo cute. So where's the halfway point between Vancouver and Toronto:laughing:. Kathryn get hazel to pick you up on the way by...

Um...but if I was going to Vancouver, New Jersey would be way out of the way! :laughing: NJ is way east of here, aslan! :o

Maybe Kathryn will have to bus out here, first, and then drive up with us! :thumbs up :D I hope you don't mind 4 dogs sitting on your lap at once, Kathryn. :laughing:

Hey, marko, great pics, as usual! :thumbs up Those puppy portraits are gorgeous! :cloud9:

JanM
September 8th, 2008, 09:56 PM
Oh boy do those pictures ever make me wish I could have been there! Looks like you all had a great time and you do have some beautiful critters! Next time for sure I'll be there!

MIA
September 8th, 2008, 10:02 PM
Looks like a blast all! I am so sorry I didn't make it, fires at home to deal with.... kathryn take the bus to blaine and I will come get you!!! LOL

growler~GateKeeper
September 8th, 2008, 11:10 PM
Great pics Teri,Riley and Lucy are beautiful and Fred:lovestruck::lovestruck::lovestruck:a gorgeous kitty,the little Tortie looks like she came in as an afterthought:lovestruck:

Marko,Dave,Scuba and Teri's hubby all look like they had a good time:thumbs up
It looks like Scuba was a hit with all the furries,LOVE the pic with him and Fred!

Desi the Tortie :lovestruck: came out to sort-of greet me when I got there, but she disappeared soon after, unfortunately no one else got to meet her.

Well this "little young thing" as you put , is actually 31 :o :D

I think I can say that everyone had a good time :thumbs up

Lucy & Riley were definately fond of Scuba even more after he brought out some treats for them. Fred was rather intrigued with Scuba :D

growler~GateKeeper
September 8th, 2008, 11:15 PM
Marko that was a great shot of Lucy :lovestruck: you got :thumbs up patience paid off ;) :laughing:

Love the head shot of Riley too :lovestruck: so cute him resting his head on Dave's fingers :D

breeze
September 9th, 2008, 08:09 PM
Great pictures Marko..

you always capture their personality to the bestest..:thumbs up:thumbs up

even though you don't have your little gadets and your computer..

TeriM
September 11th, 2008, 01:48 AM

Chico, don't worry about Desi (tortie). She is definately a very much loved member or our family but she gets freaked out when I try to take her pic so unfortunately unless I can surprise her I don't get many pics :sad:. She is also definately a "family" cat and really isn't all that interested in people other then hubby or myself.

Marko, I love those pics of Riley and Lucy :cloud9:. The lighting on Riley is wonderful!

Scuba
September 11th, 2008, 03:31 AM
I would like to post a few pictures but how do I make pictures smaller so that they will not be over 100kb in size?

breeze
September 11th, 2008, 07:55 AM
scuba

:sorry::offtopic:

this is the program I use. it is very easy
here are the instructions

http://irfanview.com/

1) Once you have downloaded the program find the picture you want to resize.
2) Double click and it should open in irfanview
3) Once it opens click on the top where it says image look at the list. It should say resize/resample click on that.
4) on the right hand side you will see numbers 640x480…….800/600 and so forth I usally use the 640 or the 800 click on one of them..
5) then click on ok. The picture will be resized..
6) go to the top and click on file (left hand side)
7) then click on “save as” two boxes will appear. One will be where you want to save the picture to (a different file) the second will be the file size put your curser over the little box you see and move it so that the number on top of the little box says 38.. the lower the number the smaller the file, you will still have a big picture..
8) make sure when you save it one of the boxes on where your going to save it says JEPEG it on the bottom of the big box and click ok..

hope this helps

Dog Dancer
September 11th, 2008, 04:00 PM
Kathryn, we don't discriminate on age here. It's one big happy family and you're just the little sister that everyone loves. I'm the grandma...:rolleyes:

rainbow
September 18th, 2008, 03:30 AM
Great pics......I hope that I can make the next meet-up. :goodvibes:

The group shot turned out well :thumbs up and I love the close-ups of Lucy and Riley. :cloud9: