Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Kailey Makes Some New Friends!

Chaser
September 7th, 2008, 11:10 AM
We went to my inlaws house yesterday. The plan was for Chase and Kailey to play in the backyard, and Heidi (Alpha Bitch and Queen of the Universe) to stay in the house. Well, Kailey and Heidi kept checking each other out through the sliding glass door. Positive body language, no barking. FIL decided to open the door, out walked Heidi, sniffed Kailey, and no problems!!! Heidi doesn't like other dogs, but she would not attack one....she just gets grumpy when one gets too close. Kailey invaded her a space a couple times, but when Heidi gave her a growl she backed right off. There were no vocals or lunging from Kailey, and we can tell now her issues are not so much dog-related but rather leash-related. She's nervous and feels vulnerable on leash. We would not trust her and Heidi unsupervised, but that's mainly b/c of Heidi....Kailey was 100% perfectly behaved all day. And in her own cranky way, Heidi actually liked Kailey. She went over and touched noses a few times, and even started to play with her until she realized we were watching!

Kailey also met Maddy, my brother-in-law's 4-month old Chesepeake pup. Kailey was actually scared of her and ran away!!! Eventually they started playing though and became the best of friends :lovestruck: Kailey was SO amazingly gentle with Maddy the entire time and followed her everywhere. We learned this weekend that when the leash is taken out of the equation, Kailey is the most gentle dog ever! :cloud9:

In other news, Chase went to the vet yesterday and he told me Chase is one of the most fit dogs he has ever seen! So there goes the arguement of uninformed people that dogs can't live in apartments! He and Kailey then had an awesome time running around the inlaws yard and it turns out Kailey can run even faster than Chase! He didn't like that and kept doing his infamous BC growl while he was running after her.....it kind of translated to "Get back here! I'm supposed to go first and YOU follow ME!!!" :laughing:

1. & 2. Gorgeous Kailey
3. Chase looking mighty handsome!

Chaser
September 7th, 2008, 11:14 AM
1. Kailey & Heidi saying hello.
2. Chase & Kailey doing their usual thing!
3. Chase taking a break (the vet gave him a stupid girly red heart rabies tag :frustrated:)

Chaser
September 7th, 2008, 11:16 AM
Maddy Cuteness!!!! :lovestruck:

Frenchy
September 7th, 2008, 11:18 AM
I'm so glad the dog meetings went well !! :thumbs up What a good girl Kailey is :cloud9:

Chaser
September 7th, 2008, 11:19 AM
1. & 2. We decided to give Heidi a bath after the vet even hinted that she stunk :o What can we say....it's been a while since our last visit, and she only likes hubby to wash her :shrug: :laughing:
3. Heidi looking surprisingly relaxed considering 3 other dogs were invading her yard!

Chaser
September 7th, 2008, 11:20 AM
And this is what happened when we got home :cloud9:

Sylvie
September 7th, 2008, 11:54 AM
Awesome news about Kailey. She looks wonderful. :thumbs up I am so glad that you can take her to your inlaws with you.

I am not surprised that the vet said that Chase was so fit. It is not where the dog lives but what you do with the dog. You guys make sure that Chase goes for lots of walks etc.

Keep up the good work.

mollywog
September 7th, 2008, 01:31 PM
nice pics CM! Chase is a very handsome boy indeed! Look at that shiny coat! And good work with Kailey, sounds like you are making some progess with her. :thumbs up

Chaser
September 7th, 2008, 01:54 PM
I know! I NEVER imagined even a month ago that a day like yesterday could happen with her, but she honestly gets the award for Best Dog of the Day! At one point Maddy was playing so hard she kind of fell over and yelped - Kailey crawled over and started licking her, making sure she was okay! :lovestruck:

Chase was not even as good as her. He plays with Maddy a bit, but he apparently doesn't like pups as much as he likes big dogs....he got annoyed with her and growled a few times. Nothing really bad, just telling her to back off....but Kailey was just completely in love with the puppy! It was the cutest thing ever. :cloud9: I am SO proud of her!

Brandykins
September 7th, 2008, 02:19 PM
Stunning photos of those gorgeous dogs! Love the first pic - strong character.

onster
September 7th, 2008, 02:34 PM
what a lovely group of friends Kailey has....she looks great too!!

chico2
September 7th, 2008, 04:28 PM
All the pups are just beautiful,glad everything went well,you'd think Kailey and Chase have always been together:lovestruck:

14+kitties
September 7th, 2008, 05:50 PM
I can see a certain pup is winding you a little tighter around her little ummm paw. :thumbs up
She is a good girl for sure! I think that's pretty amazing she got that close to the other two strange doggies.
Pics are wwwaaaayyy cute!!!

allymack
September 7th, 2008, 06:43 PM
all the puppers are gorgeous, but maddy i really love her, i think i am starting to get a thing for labs :o :D

ancientgirl
September 7th, 2008, 08:31 PM
Such beautiful pictures. Chase looks great, lol and I don't think his rabies tag looks girly. Kailey looks just fantastic too. Maddy and Heidi are quite lovely as well.

Chaser
September 7th, 2008, 08:37 PM
all the puppers are gorgeous, but maddy i really love her, i think i am starting to get a thing for labs :o :D

Yep, Maddy is a cutie for sure...and VERY smart! I hope we get to puppysit sometime soon :D She's a Chesepeake Bay Retreiver - very similar to Labradors, but with a freakish magentic attraction to water that is bred right into them. Maddy hops in the tub whenever she hears the shower going, and jumps out of their boat whenever they stop somewhere and has a swim - she did it right from 8 weeks with no fear at all!

Gypsyhick
September 7th, 2008, 09:50 PM
YAY Kailey! So happy to hear that it was a good day for her :lovestruck:

Thanks for the photos - such gorgeous pooches. Chase is so handsome, he is in fantastic shape! Good for the vet for acknowledging that. :D

TeriM
September 8th, 2008, 12:16 AM
Great news about Kailey, you are doing an awesome job with her :thumbs up. It is funny sometimes how the dogs seem to know they are all related, my Lucy isn't all that fond of other dogs in her home but all of my bro and sis animals have always been fine :shrug:. Love all the pictures :lovestruck:, Maddy is freakin adorable and the pics of the puppers playing are wonderful :cloud9:.

growler~GateKeeper
September 8th, 2008, 12:26 AM
Good for Kailey :highfive: and for Heidi :highfive:

Chase :lovestruck:

Maddy :lovestruck:

Chaser
September 8th, 2008, 05:23 PM
Thanks for all the compliments everyone! They're all fantastic dogs and I love showing them off! :D

bendyfoot
September 9th, 2008, 07:57 AM
Oh, I'm so PROUD of Kailey, what a good girl! :lovestruck:

Winston
September 9th, 2008, 09:23 AM
Ahh! there she is! she is looking soo good! and you thought she wasnt good with other puppers! what a good girl she is in proving her mom wrong!

Looks like you all had a great time! Gotta come over and she the puppers one of these days when your home!

Cindy

hazelrunpack
September 9th, 2008, 10:10 AM
WooooHooooo! hazel's connection finally downloaded the pics! :highfive: Been trying for 2 days now... :rolleyes:

And what great pictures! Such beautiful dogs. :cloud9: I'm so glad that Kailey did so well for you--I know you've been worried about her. :grouphug:

And I love the picture of the aftermath! :laughing: Isn't it great when they do that? You know you've had a successful day! :D

rainbow
September 18th, 2008, 03:46 AM
I never realized that Chase was that big and what a handsome boy he is......I really love the "taking a break" pic of him. :cloud9:

You've done a wonderful job with beautiful Kailey :thumbs up ....... and I got a chuckle of her listed as foster failure "#1" :D

Maddy and Heidi are gorgeous as well. :lovestruck: