Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

The cat nobody will want??!?

onster
September 6th, 2008, 10:07 AM
Normally I avoid kijiji but Im trying to look for ads of a found cat for my friend who lost her kitty....I came across this :wall:

Title: The wild cat nobody will want

Spayed female cat, 6 years old.

Pees in the house even though litterboxes are cleaned daily.

Does not like people. Is afraid of everything, although nothing bad has ever happened to her, except our older cat harasses her.

She hates indoor life and sits staring out the windows wishing for a kind of freedom that is not safe in this city neighbourhood.

She is a sweet (not aggressive) cat who just does not seem to belong living the indoor city cat's life.

We have let her out on harness and leash, which she enjoys.

We can't watch her being chased by the old, grouchy female cat anymore, and can't have her peeing in the house, and she is unhappy living indoors.

She might do well in a farm setting where food is provided, but she probably would not do well in a normal pet home, as she behaves like a wild cat and dislikes people and is scared of everything and continually pees in the house.

Crate shown in picture included.

http://kitchener.kijiji.ca/c-pets-cats-kittens-for-sale-The-wild-cat-nobody-will-want-W0QQAdIdZ72107994

:wall:

onster
September 6th, 2008, 10:08 AM
so what exactly do they want?? I dont understand??

their cat probably has a UTI :sad: or is just petrified of the other cat. I cant believe that its been peeing in the house for 6 yrs..this must be new .

what :loser:

At least they have the common sense not to let her out in the streets tho.

14+kitties
September 6th, 2008, 10:57 AM
I agree, they are :loser:s!
If they would give her to me I would take her. I don't think they are going to get $100 for a 6 year old cat who pees in the house. :shrug: IDIOTS!
What a gorgeous baby! She sure doesn't deserve that.
I am emailing them to let them know what I think!

kathryn
September 6th, 2008, 11:03 AM
Is kijiji even any good? I am still trying to find homes for my 2 fosters I have left and posted something on craigslist, then got a response and then they stopped talking to me after that. Had something on petfinder classifieds, got a response and never heard back. so i posted on kijiji (which was awfully confusing to use) and no one has emailed me at all.

I agree the cat should probably be seeing a vet if it keeps peeing everywhere. Or perhaps they could switch brands of litter?

Buddy is the same way though, where he is a wild cat and won't use the litter boxes inside and has to go outside to go potty like a dog. Atleast he is nice enough to hold it instead of going on the floor :o

onster
September 6th, 2008, 11:04 AM
I hope they take u up on ure offer 14+.

I dont think the cat is really agressive...i mean by looking at the pics, u can tell she knew she was being photographed, but looks calm. Also, in one pic u can see the tail of another cat...and the cat doesnt look like shes going all crazy trying to attack it? :shrug:

onster
September 6th, 2008, 11:07 AM
omg i didnt even realise they wanted 100 for her...wth??? :wall:

kathryn I really dont know about how good the site is, u just have to be very picky about who u respond to and all and what you write in your ad.

Have u tried catattract litter? Supposedly it works for wild kitties

kathryn
September 6th, 2008, 11:13 AM
I haven't found it anywhere yet. I've been interested in checking it out since I heard it works well.

Buddy isn't very bright though... not sure if it would work for him. It's rainy weather today so he's stuck inside. I generally just take the lid off a litterbox and put him in there but then he just stands there like "wadda i do??".

I'm also surprised someone is asking 100$ for the cat. It's only about 45$ to adopt one from the shelters around here

joeysmama
September 6th, 2008, 11:30 AM
She's a beautiful cat !! I feel so sorry for her. I'm mad at myself for reading the ad now, but sometimes it's nice to step out of my little bubble and realize what's going on out there. How dumb do you have to be to not know that a cat who isn't using the litterbox should be seen by a vet???

Here's what I get from the ad.

"We have two cats but we like the older one better. She chases the young one and we can't be bothered trying to stop that. Plus the younger one seems to have a medical issue and instead of paying a vet we thought that we could get you to pay us instead. "

krdahmer
September 6th, 2008, 01:13 PM
joeysmama.... you should send that to them, stated exactly like that. Perfect wording to make a point!

14+kitties
September 6th, 2008, 01:25 PM
Yes! Exactly that joeysmama! I stay away from that section too although I do use kijiji for other things like the crates. But even in that section you get dogs listed. $1500 for a 2 year old designer doggie was the last one I saw! Just stupid!

I told them when I emailed the urination was something that needed to be checked at the vets. They won't do it. They are losers who just need money and want to get rid of their cat. I guess the carrier that comes with her is worth the 100 bucks. :shrug::rolleyes:

ancientgirl
September 6th, 2008, 08:50 PM
I wish we could swear here because man did this make me mad. Some people don't deserve to be called human.:loser:

14+kitties
September 6th, 2008, 08:59 PM
Hey guys! They have a one year old German/Austrian Shephard on there too! Supposedly they are "fostering" it until it gets adopted. :rolleyes:

http://kitchener.kijiji.ca/c-pets-dogs-puppies-for-sale-1-year-old-German-Shepherd-Australian-Shepherd-mix-dog-W0QQAdIdZ70534781

They need to be reported to someone!!!

Frenchy
September 6th, 2008, 08:59 PM
I rarely go on kijiji anymore , got too :sad: and :mad:

but mostly :sad:

14+kitties
September 6th, 2008, 09:03 PM
I don't either Frenchy. Blame Onster for this one! She started it!
This is the SAME people who have the cat they want 100 bucks for!

onster
September 6th, 2008, 09:49 PM
I dont see the ad for the dog 14+...how can they be selling a foster dog?? :confused: Maybe they took it off.

Did they reply to ure email?

14+kitties
September 6th, 2008, 09:55 PM
I dont see the ad for the dog 14+...how can they be selling a foster dog?? :confused: Maybe they took it off.

Did they reply to ure email?

Nope, they didn't. Guess they didn't like my "suggestions" :rolleyes:
If you go to the bottom of the page it says view other ads by poster or something like that. I hit it and the dog came up. Same addy. Foster my a**! They are just wanting to get rid of the dog too. They don't have a price. Just say to contact them.