Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

kitten formula - for how long?

funkynassau
September 6th, 2008, 08:58 AM
My kitten is 8-9 wks old and eats canned cat food and drjnks water. He still loves his bottle! How long can or should he have Whiskas Cat Milk?

Love4himies
September 6th, 2008, 09:12 AM
You can stop the Whiska's cat milk now, your kitten only requires a high quality canned kitten food. Kitten Wellness, canned is a great one.

funkynassau
September 6th, 2008, 01:01 PM
Thanks for the reply. Is the food you suggest available in Canada? I hadnt heard of it.

Elva :crazy:

14+kitties
September 6th, 2008, 01:08 PM
Wellness is available at Pet Valu and Ruffins. Most probably at Ryn's (sp).
If the kitty still likes his bottle you may have to spend some time weaning him from it. Start by cutting the bottle feedings by half, then half again, then again, till kitty is no longer needing a bottle. Mom would have had kitty weaned at around this time had she been around.
Good job getting kitty to this point! Now we need pics!

kathryn
September 6th, 2008, 01:22 PM
As an occasional treat, use CatSip brand CatMilk. It's in a little blue carton. Your kitty is old enough to be weaned now :thumbs up I'm not a big fan of Whiskas cat milk stuff. My cats don't like it and the ingredients are awfully complicated. I agree it's time to start weaning him off and switch him to canned and kibble. To train my kittens I would use some chicken broth to mix in with the kibble until they got used to it.