Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

What a good boy!

t.pettet
September 5th, 2008, 08:30 PM
My Teddy dog (chi x pom) who was recently diagnosed with Cushings is consuming alot more water and consequently has to relieve himself more often. Today I was gone for about 5 hrs. and when I came home noticed a yellow puddle at the base of the toilet and Teddy looking extremely embarrased. The poor guy really thought this through and peed where he thought it would be more acceptable, how's that for a good boyl? I can't believe how considerate he was even in his urgency to pee. Makes me feel awful that he's going through this and won't get to live out a full life.:cry:

aslan
September 5th, 2008, 08:37 PM
aaaaw poor baby, but dang that's smart. Since he's gonna have this problem ongoing, have you considered using the piddle pads for the poor little man. Easier for you to clean up too.

t.pettet
September 5th, 2008, 08:58 PM
Thanks Aslan for that suggestion, great idea.

aslan
September 5th, 2008, 09:03 PM
no problem, my mom had to start using them with her little one. it's a different situation when they can't help it, so what ever helps them is good with me. hope he feels better soon.

Frenchy
September 5th, 2008, 09:29 PM
I can't believe how considerate he was even in his urgency to pee.

ahhh what a good boy indeed :cloud9:

Are you sure he can't have a full life ? :sad:

BusterBoo
September 5th, 2008, 09:51 PM
:lovestruck: What a good dog Teddy is!

14+kitties
September 5th, 2008, 10:59 PM
What an :angel:
I was thinking along the same lines as alsan. Go figure! But I thought maybe a big litter box with sod in the bottom that could easily be dumped. May make Teddy a lot more comfortable to go on what he is used to. :shrug:

MIA
September 5th, 2008, 11:51 PM
My old MinPin poops right in front of the toilet when I forget to leave the back door open for him! LOL So considerate!!! Now if they could only GET it into the loo life would be grand....

t.pettet
September 6th, 2008, 10:11 PM
Fortunately I am very rarely gone from the house for more than 2-3 hrs. at a time which is about how long Teddy can hold his urine. I did buy some piddle pads to use if I'm going to be gone longer than usual, will see what he thinks about those. His vet gave him a poor prognosis (1-2 yrs.) because of his enlarged heart and even though he's taking 1 capsule of Vetmedin (1.25 mg) every 12 hrs. and 1 Novotheoplyl SR (100 mg.) every 12 hrs. also, I find him to be very short-winded and easily tired out. He's gung-ho at the beginning of our walk and we only go about 1 block to the river (boat-launch & small park) where he likes to wade around for 15 min. or so but we walk very slowly back and he's done-in by the time we reach home. This whole illness thing is so frustrating to me as he's only 8 yrs. old and such a dear little guy -my nick-name for him is 'My Teddy-Bear Guy' which he loves hearing, will flop-down and show his tummy and make cooing sounds. Am so going to miss him.:sad:

Frenchy
September 6th, 2008, 10:22 PM
Am so going to miss him.:sad:

:grouphug:

1 to 2 years ? So that may mean 2-3-4 years IMO. I found vets usually give you less than more , so we don't get our hopes up. Just look at my Sam , was given 2-6 months , it's been 9 months .....:goodvibes:

t.pettet
September 6th, 2008, 10:49 PM
Will keep my :fingerscr Frenchy.